PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Email to Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalkeepr

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just sent emails to Senator Leahy (chairman of Judiciary committee), Ted Kennedy (because he's from MA and on the committee), and my two senators in Florida. I thought I'd share what I sent them, if anyone else was thinking of doing the same. I figure shorter is better, so I opted for brevity.

For Leahy, I began the 3rd paragraph with "As chairman of the Judiciary Committee..." and likewise, for Kennedy, I began it with, "As a member of the Judiciary Committee..."

------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Arlen Specter and the NFL

It is very difficult to view Arlen Specter’s crusade against the Patriots and the NFL as anything other than a blatant attempt at appeasing Comcast.

With all of the issues facing our nation, the fact that any senator would waste his time on something like this is pathetic.

I implore you to please make every effort to put a stop to this and encourage your fellow senators to focus on real issues rather than pandering to donors.

Specter is making a mockery of the institution of the Senate, and is not representing his constituents, who are certainly far more concerned with more pressing issues.

Edit - link to contacting Senators: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Last edited:
You're going to have to get lots of people to send that email. Senators get a crapload of mail/email each day and have their aides go through them. The emails only catch their attention when they start getting lots of email/mail about the same subject. They figure if enough of their constituents take the time to contact them over an issue, then there are probably a lot more constituents who care about the same issue but are too lazy to write an email themselves.

You're going to have to get lots of people to send that email. Senators get a crapload of mail/email each day and have their aides go through them. The emails only catch their attention when they start getting lots of email/mail about the same subject. They figure if enough of their constituents take the time to contact them over an issue, then there are probably a lot more constituents who care about the same issue but are too lazy to write an email themselves.

I'll copy and paste it and the site for emailing your local Senator.

Sent to Senators Kerry, Kennedy, and Leahy.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Often you can just do your own Senator.

Leahy
http://leahy.senate.gov/contact.cfm

It is very difficult to view Arlen Specter’s crusade against the Patriots and the NFL as anything other than a blatant attempt at appeasing Comcast.

With all of the issues facing our nation, the fact that any senator would waste his time on something like this is pathetic.

As chairman of the judiciary committee I implore you to please make every effort to put a stop to this and encourage your fellow senators to focus on real issues rather than pandering to donors.

Specter is making a mockery of the institution of the Senate.

Edited the last paragraph because being blantly bought and paid for by comcast is more than enough. Why ad part he can argue against?

Ditto. Sent the same message to Senator's Snowe and Collins from Maine.

I understand we are a small group....every single person that cares - should take the time to click and fill to the form - today.

I understand we are a small group....every single person that cares - should take the time to click and fill to the form - today.

Just sent to Kennedy & Leahy.

Ditto: Senators Kay Bailey Hutchinson and John Cornyn of Texas have been contacted. Also Senator Leahy.

Last edited:
sent to kerry, Kennedy, Snowe, and Collins. Nothing will come of it, but hey, it's not like it took a long time to do.

I can't believe I actually wrote to (puke) Senators Boxer and Feinstein here in CA. But . . . done.

Last edited:
I have sent emails to Senators Kennedy and Kerry as well as Senators Clinton and Schumer from my home state of NY.

Enough is enough senator Sphincter. Let it go!!!!!

Our letters are not totally useless, but they basically get put into "For" and "Against" piles (electronic piles these days) and every couple of days somebody counts how many are in each pile. If one side or another gets disproportionate support, somebody will tell the Senator's AA, who might tell the Senator.

This is where the Krafts have to take advantage of the relationships that they have presumably cultivated for years with the key members of the New England congressional delegation. I assume that the Krafts have been working the delegation and staff hard since February, either personally or through a few lobbyists. However, if they have done as bad a job of managing these relationships as they did of managing the media, then that could be a problem.

Well, we certainly need to balance out the pile from the Jets fans.

Wrote to both of them a while ago on this and never got a reply.

I doubt I will either, but it's a start. If your from Maine, I'm only guessing from your screen name, but are you from Biddeford, Lewiston, or Waterville by chance?

Our letters are not totally useless, but they basically get put into "For" and "Against" piles (electronic piles these days) and every couple of days somebody counts how many are in each pile. If one side or another gets disproportionate support, somebody will tell the Senator's AA, who might tell the Senator.

This is where the Krafts have to take advantage of the relationships that they have presumably cultivated for years with the key members of the New England congressional delegation. I assume that the Krafts have been working the delegation and staff hard since February, either personally or through a few lobbyists. However, if they have done as bad a job of managing these relationships as they did of managing the media, then that could be a problem.
Then my e-mail was one in one pile and I definitely do not want the other pile to win.

I just sent emails to Senator Leahy (chairman of Judiciary committee), Ted Kennedy (because he's from MA and on the committee), and my two senators in Florida. I thought I'd share what I sent them, if anyone else was thinking of doing the same. I figure shorter is better, so I opted for brevity.

For Leahy, I began the 3rd paragraph with "As chairman of the Judiciary Committee..." and likewise, for Kennedy, I began it with, "As a member of the Judiciary Committee..."

I implore you to please make every effort to put a stop to this and encourage your fellow senators to focus on real issues rather than pandering to donors.

Specter is making a mockery of the institution of the Senate, and is not representing his constituents, who are certainly far more concerned with more pressing issues.

Edit - link to contacting Senators: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Very well done. I'll compose my own, but that is concise, logical and focused.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye