Welcome to PatsFans.com

My electoral predictions (reporting for NEM news)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by gomezcat, Nov 7, 2006.

1. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I think that the President will still be in power after today's elections. I know that is controversial but I thought I should make that prediction.
    I also believe that either the Reps or Dems will have control of the House, unless it's a split down the middle, in which case they won't.
    The race for the Senate is also a complete shoo-in. Again, there are really only two winners; the Reps or the Dems. The Leader of the Senate will be a white American.

Actually, from what I have read and from what I suspect, the Dems will win one of the two houses at most. I don't think there is enough to vote for (their plan is to raise the minimum wage, which I like, and, er, oppose Bush) and I believe that Republican voters will be more motivated to vote than is thought to be the case.
    Look on here for examples. There are some who would not vote for the other party if they had a gun held to their heads. I think that polarisation is very favourable to the Reps.

This is Gomezcat, special foreign correspondent for NEM News, reporting from Southeastern London.

2. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

It will be tough for the Democrats to take either the House or the Senate, notwithstanding the polls.

The key to winning the House will be the Northeast area. Dems will have to oust John Sweeney, Tom Reynolds, Nancy Johnson, and Chris Shays to have any chance. The Senate is tougher. Ford is a goner. I just don't see them taking the Senate.

If Republicans retain the House and/or the Senate, the losers are the American people. The losers are the American boys in Iraq. And the bigger winner is Osama Bin Laden.

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The Democrats will come away with a 30-40 seat majority in the House and will eek out a 50-49-1(Lieberman being the 1) advantage in the Senate.

The House is just about a lock. Watch Tennessee & Missouri(thanks Rush!!) for the Senate.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +492 / 20 / -17

Even Republican strategists are conceding Dems should take the House. That said, the Republicans are engaged in voter suppression activities. Whether that will work for them remains to be seen. Since Republican shenanigans are being documented this time around, it should be interesting to see what happens after the election. My guess is Dems will take the House by a smaller number than expected and Republicans will hold onto the Senate. I agree with Novak -- 19 seat pickup for Dems in the House, and a 2 seat pickup in the Senate. But, I definitely hope sdaniels7114 is correct!

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

[​IMG]

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +838 / 7 / -3

I think the Dems will take the house for sure. They'll probably gain about 23-25 seats to give them an 8-10 seat majority (plus or minus). The Senate I think the GOP holds. The Dems need 6 seats I think to secure the Senate, they'll get 3, maybe 4. The GOP will therefore hold a 2 seat advantage +/-.

7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

A good website that gathers all polls and posts current predictions

www.electoral-vote.com

right now it has the Dems taking the Senate.

8. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The First Exit Polls are trickling out.

It ain't looking good for the Pachyderms.

Too bad Nem's MIA. His moment of triumph may well be at hand.

9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am not sure I consider that website a "good" website - if by "good" you mean accurate. First of all, how can you have 51 dems to 49 repubs if we know an independent is likely to win in CT...? And 2nd of all, there are 3 races that are statistical ties which have all been given to democrats on that website. I wouldn't bet the farm the dems win all 3 of those races (esp. VA).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  10. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

NEMMY is out stuffing the ballot boxes for Pederson. :D

11. italia44

italia44 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gotta laugh about the dems and their exit polls........GOP voters ALWAYS lie on expolls.Don't ya remember 2004?
    The Left-wing networks all had Kerry winning via Expolls.

What a joke....the loony left will never learn.

This will be a GREAT day,both for
    America and the Republican Party.

WE'll win one of the two houses,
    One of the greatest Presidents in history will remain in power until 2008.

Even better....because of the dems "cut and run" philosophy,the GOP is guaranteed to win again in 2008,insuring the war on terror will be prosecuted by Patriots,not appeasers.

All that money that Pelosi,Dean and the DNC received from Terrorist Organizations will all be for naught.

This is a Great Day for America,my friends.

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The thing is, the dems have set themselves up so that anything short of control of both houses of Congress would be a catastrophic defeat for them. They are terrified of falling short of that goal.

13. sdaniels7114

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Can I pick 'em or what?

14. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They apparently closed the deal with Webb - a true conservative. Makaka should be there for you to reelect in 08 though Im sure.

15. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wow, you were way off.

Republicans are all drinking heavily today. They desperately needed this intervention.

As of this hour, Cheney was last seen sneaking out the back door of the White House with a big KBR embroidered bag of loot. That missing $8.8 billion that was meant for Iraq reconstruction has finally been found.