Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
1a: DE: JJ Watt
1b: OT: Nate Solder

2a: CB: Aaron Williams - (We could trade down and still maybe get him)
2B: C: Rodney Hudson

3a: S: Robert Sands
3b: OLB: Mark Herzlich - has Belichick written all over him ... can rush, cover and is tough.

4: WR: Greg Little - 6'2" - 220 and likes going over the middle.

5: RB: Noel Devine - small back who could be a great return man - not sold on Tate.

I'll stick with this for now
not bothering with trades though I am certain 1 of the first 3 will be used to trade down to 2012.

Last edited:
JJ Watt has Tom Condon as his agent, who the Pats haven't worked with in 7 years, since the Ben Watson contract issue. JJ is my #2 DE prospect behind Fairley (and easily ahead of Dareus), but I don't think it's overly realistic.

Herzlich seems like a worse version of Ninkovich right now. The Pats need somebody who can rush the passer, and Herzlich isn't that player.

JJ Watt has Tom Condon as his agent, who the Pats haven't worked with in 7 years, since the Ben Watson contract issue. JJ is my #2 DE prospect behind Fairley (and easily ahead of Dareus), but I don't think it's overly realistic.

Herzlich seems like a worse version of Ninkovich right now. The Pats need somebody who can rush the passer, and Herzlich isn't that player.

Yeah we say that every draft and then Bill has them drop into coverage. If he does draft an OLB I think it will be an all around type of guy vs just a rushing type. I don't think Bill will draft that player high - Herzlich is extremely smart and rarely takes false steps. If not for the cancer he could have been a top 10 pick as a junior.

Oh well ... maybe too soon to tell.

Two DB's in the 1st three rounds....before drafting an OLB? :eek:

No way in hell Nate Solder makes it to 1B. He might even be gone by 1A the way he's shooting up draft boards.

No way in hell Nate Solder makes it to 1B. He might even be gone by 1A the way he's shooting up draft boards.

The only 2 reasons he is shooting up any draft boards. One is because Mayock put him there at number 1 on his top 5. The other is it appears to be a weak left OT class. Doesn't mean there aren't any gems out there in the later rounds.

Solder didn't really do anything to help himself at the Senior Bowl and I thought his stock dropped off a little bit because of it.

I'd be very happy with those first 2 rounds.

I don't know who to look for at OLB that would fit our mold really, so we'll probably wait till late round 2 or round 3 for an OLB conversion project.
There are not a lot of fits this year.
Maybe a guy like Beal. He's a bit short but he definitely has the bulk at 268 lbs.

As a WVU fan, Noel Devine had a rough year this past year. However, he still has an amazing quikness, and agility to him, he is truly a weapon on the field.

He is small though, and would be in the Woodhead mold, but I think he has the "Take it to the house" ability, and would love to see him added to the Pats.

hudson is a bad pick IMO......NT's can throw him across the stadium

herzlich is a wasted pick......KJ wright will be available at that time and stands to be as effective as anyone else who gets drafted for a 3-4 OLB.....wright already has coverage skills down and is an effective pass rusher

Condon also reps Aaron Williams.

remember......its not pioli butting heads with agents anymore......

just something to think about

CB isn't a need, so not a fan of taking one at 2a.

Condon also reps Aaron Williams.

Haven't heard that one yet. Any others?

I know Aldon Smith is with CAA but not with Condon. I was scared for a while on that one.

IcyPatriots, what's your plan at OG?

remember......its not pioli butting heads with agents anymore......

just something to think about

Excellent point. Hadn't thought of it that way before. I mean, it might not have been exclusively a Pioli thing, but, if it was, that might put some constraints on who we can expect KC to pick.

Haven't heard that one yet. Any others?

I know Aldon Smith is with CAA but not with Condon. I was scared for a while on that one.

Not that I know of, though CAA/Dogra/Condon don't appear to rep many guys who end up going in the 3rd round or later - usually only 2-3 prospects per draft class.

BTW - sorry I don't have a link for the Aaron Williams info. I just noticed it in passing as I've been going through prospect notes from numerous sites. I don't even remember where I saw it. But, IIRC, it did specify Condon.

Are you lacking confidence in Wendall and Connelly at OG?

absolutely........Larsen would have been an upgrade over either of them except that the pats gave him away.

IcyPatriots, what's your plan at OG?

The old fashioned Belichick / Parcells method of bring in a herd and wait for 1 bull to emerge from the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes