PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

my e-mail with Gosselin re: WR class

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Dear Rick,

It's John, I have a quick pre-draft query and will leave it at that for now, as I assume you are as busy as a tax accountant. The conventional wisdom seems to be that this year's draft class isn't so hot when it comes to WRs. My sense, however, is that this may be skewed. True, there are not more than 2 or 3 no-brainer #1 wideouts this year, but there seem to be quite a few #2 types that will be amply available in rounds 2 through 4.

Am I right? Do you know? Am I just being a hopeful New England Patriots fan, what with their annual arsenal of #2s?

Thanks for your time in reading this,
John in L.A.

John,

I'd be surprised if there are more than two first-round WRs, Santonio Holmes and Chad Jackson. There will be a handful in the second and third rounds, guys like Greg Jennings of Western Michigan, Demetrius Williams of Oregon and Derek Hagan of Arizona State. As a group, this is the worst wide receiver class I've seen this decade. I doubt a WR goes in this draft until about 20. The Patriots can find a WR if that's what they covet in the second or third round.

Check with me later this March or early April when I have a better handle on the draft board.

Rick Gosselin

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing and keep us posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes