PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Dream Scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunkypony

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Ok, here's what I would like to see the New England Patriots do on in the first three rounds:

1. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis - Gives us a franchise back that we can develop behind Dillon for this year and slowly work him into the rotation as the year progresses, and he puts muscle. Barry Sanders was pretty small too, and he did just fine in this league. I like the idea of having a franchise running back for years to come in the backfield with our franchise QB. I would also be ecstatic with Bobby Carpenter here, but that affects the rest of this scenario later. Trading down to get more value in the second would also be an ok option in my mind.

2. Greg Jennings, WR, Western Michigan, or Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame - We need wideouts. Plain and simple. These two guys give us back what we lost with Givens. I prefer Jennings, but Stovall would be ok too. If Kiwanuka or Leonard Pope are here, I would also be on either of those boats.

3a. (from Baltimore) Chris Gocong, DE, Cal-Poly - This is the one guy in the draft I REALLY want. I can see him doing great things for this organization; his on the field smarts (from being a QB) plus his size equal the perfect Willie replacement. And I love his name. There is one guy that I really like every draft, and this year, its GOCONG! An offensive lineman-like Charles Spencer or Jeremy Trueblood-I could respect, but please, not with Gocong on the board.

3b. Kai Parham, ILB, Virginia - This is another guy I think fits great on the Pats. He played in the same system, under Al Groh, so there will be not as much learning for him as might be expected for other defensive prospects, and he could contribute earlier. We need Linebacker depth, and with the past two picks, we have it. Period. I can also see a CB, like Alan Zemaitis, a S, like Greg Blue, or Offensive Lineman Charles Spencer, Jeremy Trueblood, or a reach with Center Pat Ross.

Last edited:
Wow, I had a dream where we had that kind of draft, I woke up with the cold sweats.

chunkyponyTE82 said:
Ok, here's what I would like to see the New England Patriots do on in the first three rounds:

1. DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis - Gives us a franchise back that we can develop behind Dillon for this year and slowly work him into the rotation as the year progresses, and he puts muscle. Barry Sanders was pretty small too, and he did just fine in this league. I like the idea of having a franchise running back for years to come in the backfield with our franchise QB. I would also be ecstatic with Bobby Carpenter here, but that affects the rest of this scenario later. Trading down to get more value in the second would also be an ok option in my mind.

2. Greg Jennings, WR, Western Michigan, or Maurice Stovall, WR, Notre Dame - We need wideouts. Plain and simple. These two guys give us back what we lost with Givens. I prefer Jennings, but Stovall would be ok too. If Kiwanuka or Leonard Pope are here, I would also be on either of those boats.

3a. (from Baltimore) Chris Gocong, DE, Cal-Poly - This is the one guy in the draft I REALLY want. I can see him doing great things for this organization; his on the field smarts (from being a QB) plus his size equal the perfect Willie replacement. And I love his name. There is one guy that I really like every draft, and this year, its GOCONG! An offensive lineman-like Charles Spencer or Jeremy Trueblood-I could respect, but please, not with Gocong on the board.

3b. Kai Parham, ILB, Virginia - This is another guy I think fits great on the Pats. He played in the same system, under Al Groh, so there will be not as much learning for him as might be expected for other defensive prospects, and he could contribute earlier. We need Linebacker depth, and with the past two picks, we have it. Period. I can also see a CB, like Alan Zemaitis, a S, like Greg Blue, or Offensive Lineman Charles Spencer, Jeremy Trueblood, or a reach with Center Pat Ross.

Please read the "head case" thread. It may change your mind about Williams.

I would also like to add that drafting Tim McGarigle from Northwestern to make as a Don-Davis-Type Safety would make me a very happy human being.

Just say no to The Shrimp in round 1. And 3b is way to high for Parham. I like the other two, though, although I would take Mark Anderson over Gocong is he's available.

i had a dream too baby!!!

1. reggie bush
2. michael huff
3. vernon davis
3. chad jackson
4. mario williams
4. haloti ngata
5. antonio cromartie
6. aj hawk
6. vince young
6. josh houston lol
7. manny lawson

:D i think we can all agree this is the best case scenario hahaha but really, if i had a dream itd go like this (you guys wont like it)

1. Cromartie 2. Pope (hes falling) 3. Maurice Drew 3. Martin Nance
4. spencer havner 4. Kai parham 5. pat ross 6. josh houston
6. Dwayne Slay 6. whoever....7. whoever

Good dream, mavfan2390, but Pope won't fall that far and Drew won't last the second round (he's been rising for two weeks). But I guess that's what dreamin's for.....

mavfan2390 said:
i had a dream too baby!!!

1. reggie bush
2. michael huff
3. vernon davis
3. chad jackson
4. mario williams
4. haloti ngata
5. antonio cromartie
6. aj hawk
6. vince young
6. josh houston lol
7. manny lawson

My dream scenario is:
Monday: Angelina Jolie
Tuesday: Heidi Klum
Wednesday Morning: Adriana Lima
Wednesday Afternoon: Keira Knightley
Thursday Morning: Eva Longoria
Thursday Afternoon: Beyonce Knowles
Friday: Stacy Keibler
Saturday Morning: Aria Giovanni
Saturday Afternoon: Jamie Pressley
Saturday Evening: Josie Maran
Sunday: Marisa Miller

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Well, that's a very fine week. But Monday's scenario may have you humming a Boomtown Rats song before it was all over.........

Clonamery said:
Well, that's a very fine week. But Monday's scenario may have you humming a Boomtown Rats song before it was all over.........

I'm unfamiliar with the Boomtown Rats catalogue, so you'll have to spell it out for my benefit.

'I don't like Mondays......I wanna shoot the whole day down.'

Wow, writing it out killed the whole reference value.

(Sorry, I furgit how bleepin' old I am.)

chunkyponyTE82 said:

1 it's your dream - maybe Dryheat can coach you up a little.

2. Mike Hass, the other two would be good in the 3rd.

3a. is good for me, he looks to me to be Bruschi's replacement, not Willies, but an excellent choice. Charles Spencer could learn to get the job done, if he pushes away from the table more consistently (sigh, another pot and kettle moment). Trueblood is to OT as Drew Bledsoe is to QB, stationary - though I love his nasty disposition.

3b. too high by a couple rounds.

chunkyponyTE82 said:
I would also like to add that drafting Tim McGarigle from Northwestern to make as a Don-Davis-Type Safety would make me a very happy human being.
Aaaggghhh! Sweet ILB prospect if a tad light, but SS? His liability is coverage! Jon Alston or Brian Iwuh, there are you SS to LB to SS again players to grab in this draft. I watched Iwuh take on two blockers in the Senior Bowl to force the runner inside to Abdul Hoge and Alston was all over. Rodney could work well with either.

Clonamery said:
(Sorry, I furgit how bleepin' old I am.)
Not to mention singing flat! :singing:

chunkyponyTE82 said:

Something to consider - at 21, there's going to be considerable value at RB and OLB. If we go RB at 21, then we almost certainly go LB with at least one of the 3rd round picks. If we go OLB at 21, then we'd likely go RB in round 2 or 3.

As a hypothetical, what do you think would be more appealing:

1. DeAngelo Williams (RB)
3a. any 3rd round LB

or

1. Manny Lawson, Bobby Carpenter, Chad Greenway, Demecor Ryans, or any other OLB we could grab at 21
3a. Jerrious Norwood (RB)

While Williams is a very exciting runner, I'd lean more towards the second approach. Consider this draft:

1. Manny Lawson (OLB)
2. Greg Jennings (WR)
3a. Jerrious Norwood (RB)
3b. Chris GoCong or Ryan LaCasse (OLBs)
and on day 2 pick up Kai Parham (ILB)

or replace the round 2 pick with Richard Marshall, and grab a WR (or TE) on day 2.

wow, I like yours a little bit better than my own. With all this negativity towards Williams, I believe we will pick up a LB in the first (my hope is Carpenter). If our draft goes the way you laid it out, I would be a happy guy.

My dream scenario, I'm locked in the Foxy Lady with all of the girls and.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back