PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oswlek

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
OK, it's time that I come clean with you all. It is I, and I alone that is responsible for much of NE's struggles this year. The following a list of games that I was able to watch every minute of during this season:

First Buffalo
Entire second half of first NYJ game 7-17
Denver
Indy
Second NYJ
Second Miami

All four losses and probably the second worst win all year. Combined score 67-116. These are the games that I missed signifcant time

Entire first half of first NYJ - 17-0
Cincy
First half of Minny game - 17-0
Second Buffalo
Green Bay
Houston

Combined score 175-26.

Now, there are a few examples where the results are a little muddied. After 5 straight games where the Pats quality of play was completely determined by whether I was watching, I had every intention of listening to the Bears game. While listening to the pregame, though, people were talking up Chicago so much that I knew NE would win no matter what. Against Detroit, NE seemed to play better when I watched, although "better" in that game was relative. I don't count the first Miami game because I was at that game, and it seems that every game that I attend is a close win no matter who they play.

In spite of this overwhelming evidence, I still manage to talk myself into watching the game whenever possible. For that I feel I owe an apology. May God have mercy on my soul.

LOL - if you were a friend or family member of mine, I'd probably lock you in a TV-less room come game time every Sunday ;)

I remember in the 01 playoffs, me and my buddies had some pretty inane superstitions and routines that arose during the Snow Bowl game and continued from then on. But hey, they worked, didn't they?

Vegas will now keep the Pats games off the board until Oswlek announces his viewing plans.

And careful, Oswlek, Saban may steal your audio.

Think you have it bad - the only 2 games I attended this year happened to be our most embarrassing performances of the year - vs. Denver and at Miami.

One more trip to the playoffs to go, it'll make/break the jinx :)

Please follow these instructions to the letter:

1. run (don't walk) to your family room (and any other room with a TV in your house) and throw the TV set out the window;
2. don't ask Santa Claus for a replacement;
3. don't go anywhere there is a TV set until Feb. 5, 2007

The New England Patriots and all their fans thank you for your cooperation.

Would you mind watching the Jets game this weekend?

Tape the game.

Only watch it after the score has been anounced

Tape the game.

Only watch it after the score has been anounced

I agree. Although, with the outcome already settled he doesn't need to know the score beforehand.

OK, it's time that I come clean with you all. It is I, and I alone that is responsible for much of NE's struggles this year. The following a list of games that I was able to watch every minute of during this season:

First Buffalo
Entire second half of first NYJ game 7-17
Denver
Indy
Second NYJ
Second Miami

All four losses and probably the second worst win all year. Combined score 67-116. These are the games that I missed signifcant time

Entire first half of first NYJ - 17-0
Cincy
First half of Minny game - 17-0
Second Buffalo
Green Bay
Houston

Combined score 175-26.

Now, there are a few examples where the results are a little muddied. After 5 straight games where the Pats quality of play was completely determined by whether I was watching, I had every intention of listening to the Bears game. While listening to the pregame, though, people were talking up Chicago so much that I knew NE would win no matter what. Against Detroit, NE seemed to play better when I watched, although "better" in that game was relative. I don't count the first Miami game because I was at that game, and it seems that every game that I attend is a close win no matter who they play.

In spite of this overwhelming evidence, I still manage to talk myself into watching the game whenever possible. For that I feel I owe an apology. May God have mercy on my soul.

Man, I thought it was me. I have had seasons where my sweetie would walk into the room and the Pats would blow it, I'd make her leave and all was well. Those years were way spooky in their co-incidence. I've also retired game jerseys because for 4 in a row, as soon as I bought the thing and wore it on game day, we lost the player. Milloy, Law(last superbowl he was here), Bruschi, Harrison. Now I wear championship T shirts! Hence my screen name, well, partly.
This year, no matter what I did, it made no difference. Its because YOU have caught the jinx!!! Yay for me!!!! You can keep it. I had it for 9 years. Good Luck! AND DONT WATCH ANY MORE GAMES LIVE THIS YEAR!!!!!!

OK, it's time that I come clean with you all. It is I, and I alone that is responsible for much of NE's struggles this year.

Josh McDaniels, is that you? And they say the players and coaches don't visit message boards.

STAY HOME

Borrowing some advice countless others have given you? :)

You must be a firm believer in superstitions, seems to be your basis for opinion on, oh, EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes