PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Concerns about the ways that Randy Moss could affect the Team. (MUST READ)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

Hello, My fellow Pats fans!!!. First off, I wanna say to all of you people living in the Patriots nation, That you guys are the greatest, most intelligent Football fans on the planet. You guys really know your stuff. You guys are the best, I really mean that. Now, I'm new to this board, so i'll just quickly Introduce Myself. I'm a Devoted Patriots fan originally from Russia, now living in New York City for the last 10 years, I'll be going to the Navy in December, then moving out of NYC (Thank God) :).

Alright, Now. I wanna get all your guys opinions on Randy Moss being a Patriot.

What I wanna know is, How concerned are you guys about Randy Moss being a distraction for our team???.

Now, So far, Seeing him in training camp, and judging his current actions, I presume that he'll be alright and he'll be able fit right in with the team.

But Now, going by his track record, and now since We employ a multifaceted Receiving Corps, and the fact that Brady & Belichick prefer to spread the ball around a lot, So, on the back of my head I have several concerns about him this season ....

The concerns that I have about Randy Moss for this upcoming season is:

1) Proficiency (Can RM exhibit the type of skills he possessed with the Vikings)?

2) How Will his Relationship be with Bill Belichick?

3) " " with Tom Brady & Co.?

4) RM's Character, Work Ethic, Health, & Effort?

Now, As I was reading all the other threads on this forum, When fans of other teams started to put RM down, saying things like, ("He's a Team Cancer, Distraction, He'll bring the team down, It won't work out, etc.). I realized that you guys just brushed them off, saying things like ("He's a luxury, not a liability, He won't bring this team down, etc.). You guys might be right, So far RM has been on his best behavior, working hard, saying how he was "star struck" & how he is "honored to play alongside these guys". So, that should be the popular consensus around here. But, deep down you guys have to be a little Tentative about RM. Cause that could change at any time (Fingers Crossed). But, Hopefully it won't, cause say if the Pats start crusing through the regular season, and then out of nowhere RM reverts to his old ways, and starts having shouting matches with Belichick or arguing with Brady cause he's not getting the ball enough. I could easily see that happening. By the way, You know something like that happened already. We don't have to look far (Do We)?. Let's go back a little. Remember a long, along time ago when TO came to Philly. At first he was an angel just like RM is now, saying how 'Happy he was to be an Eagle", and how "Excited he was to play with McNabb". Well, We all know how that one worked out.:bricks:

So, Anyway. I pray that it all works out well for RM & Co. Hopefully Belichick won't have to bench him, Cause we can really use his playmaking ability and clutch performance to WIN IT ALL this year. So, Hopefully RM showcases all his talent and Brady & Belichick get the best out of him and successfully utilize his skills.

In conclusion, Let's pray that RM results in this:rocker: & not that:bricks:

Has Randy Moss been a distraction for us or are people distracted by Randy Moss because they expect too much? Think about it.

Your comments are much ado about nothing, just the continual hyseria from people who do not understand this organization... the team modulates the behavior of an individual, when the individual does not act in accordance with he mores of the team that individual is isolated and left hanging, verse vica if a player is struggling and playing hard he becomes the responsibility of the team... do no worry, things are very good here.. do not look for troubles that do not exist, because they do not. The strong positive players who eat, drink and sleep this system will not let it be destroyed by any one player.

You mention TO's first season in Philly before blowing up but I will take similar stats to TO's first season in Philly any day. 1200 yards and 14 TDs is my kind of distraction. Given Moss' contract I don't expect him here for too long so as long as he has a productive year this year its all good.

Last edited:
Until there is a distraction there is no problem.

I must express that I did not read your post, specifically because anybody titling a post "MUST READ" evidently makes the assumption that the post is not worth reading on its own merits.

I too have sneaking suspicions about possible "Randy downside." And they are probably the same ones. The facts seem fairly well publicized at this point.

I'm sure it's a reasoned and well written post. I'm just a cranky old man who refuses to be told that a certain night is "must see TV," a certain product is a "must buy," or a certain post is a "MUST READ".

PFnV

I'll be concerned when there's actually a problem. not before.

I think the biggest difference that is most often overlooked is that on Randy's other teams, he was the guy you couldn't get by without. so everyone in the locker room tolerated his antics. that is not the dynamic in NE. Moss will get his head taken off if he acts up. nobody in that room is afraid of randy moss. nobody in the room is afraid of the prospect of having to play without him. nobody in that room is afraid of upsetting the randy moss applecart. I would go so far as to say the exact opposite dynamic is the reality. randy moss is afraid of pissing those guys off. he would have to be. in short, randy moss needs the NEP more than the NEP need randy moss. that was never the case on his other teams.

history is important and should not be ignored, but it doesn't tell the whole story. human nature is important too. if history tells us that moss is selfish and only interested in his own personal gain, then i would say given the unique circumstances in NE, the most selfish thing moss could do is be a team player. think about it. that path alone is what will get moss what he wants.

I think Moss is day-to-day on being a disruption.

Not sure about this Moss character, but am definitely concerned with that Corey Dillon fella.

I'm also keeping my eye on #37...I heard tell he's a mean...dirty...filthy player...no room for that on our team...

The Patriots have had one real distraction in BB's time: Terry Glenn.

The Patriots won the Super Bowl with one of the best team performances of all time that year.

I think whatever Randy does, the Pats will manage.

That being said, I don't think he'll be a problem. He'll be fine

Michael Felger, we welcome your Sock Puppet to Patsfans!
Please try to post something thoughtful.

Why do people go on about this? If he's a distraction, he gets cut. It's not like he's our only WR. We've got so many good ones that we're facing horrible choices as to who gets cut.

Don't forget what Chris Carter said about Moss: "He likes structure." Pats organization is full of structure. If I remember correctly TO was already whining as soon as he arrived in Philly. Moss has been a model guy so far. Where are the signs that he might cause trouble? Give the guy a break! Everybody likes to win--including Randy Moss.

1) I see you're a first time poster, so welcome.

2) I join those who suggest that we shouldn't make problems where none exist.

3) Lose the "Must Read" bit and keep it (a lot) shorter and you'll find that people out here take serious posts seriously, (without being told to in advance).

I notice that you, like me and others out here, are from the City. I think there are many of us who think we are the "#1Patsfan" in the Apple. When did you attend your first game in Foxboro?

Welcome, we have many fine bridges you might enjoy!

fremont-troll.jpg

Yikes, you're new, so I was way too much of a harda$$ about your post title... anyway, a belated welcome. It can get caustic in here, myself included, though usually we're a pretty civil bunch. The important thing's that we're all fans of the greatest franchise in the history of the sports world. And completely objective ones, at that.

PFnV

I think Moss is day-to-day on being a disruption.

:D

Seriously, I think the OP has been listening to too much Felger. Randy Moss has been a MODEL CITIZEN since coming here.

Hello, My fellow Pats fans!!!. First off, I wanna say to all of you people living in the Patriots nation, That you guys are the greatest, most intelligent Football fans on the planet. You guys really know your stuff. You guys are the best, I really mean that. Now, I'm new to this board, so i'll just quickly Introduce Myself. I'm a Devoted Patriots fan originally from Russia, now living in New York City for the last 10 years, I'll be going to the Navy in December, then moving out of NYC (Thank God) :).

Alright, Now. I wanna get all your guys opinions on Randy Moss being a Patriot.

What I wanna know is, How concerned are you guys about Randy Moss being a distraction for our team???.

Now, So far, Seeing him in training camp, and judging his current actions, I presume that he'll be alright and he'll be able fit right in with the team.

But Now, going by his track record, and now since We employ a multifaceted Receiving Corps, and the fact that Brady & Belichick prefer to spread the ball around a lot, So, on the back of my head I have several concerns about him this season ....

The concerns that I have about Randy Moss for this upcoming season is:

1) Proficiency (Can RM exhibit the type of skills he possessed with the Vikings)?

2) How Will his Relationship be with Bill Belichick?

3) " " with Tom Brady & Co.?

4) RM's Character, Work Ethic, Health, & Effort?

Now, As I was reading all the other threads on this forum, When fans of other teams started to put RM down, saying things like, ("He's a Team Cancer, Distraction, He'll bring the team down, It won't work out, etc.). I realized that you guys just brushed them off, saying things like ("He's a luxury, not a liability, He won't bring this team down, etc.). You guys might be right, So far RM has been on his best behavior, working hard, saying how he was "star struck" & how he is "honored to play alongside these guys". So, that should be the popular consensus around here. But, deep down you guys have to be a little Tentative about RM. Cause that could change at any time (Fingers Crossed). But, Hopefully it won't, cause say if the Pats start crusing through the regular season, and then out of nowhere RM reverts to his old ways, and starts having shouting matches with Belichick or arguing with Brady cause he's not getting the ball enough. I could easily see that happening. By the way, You know something like that happened already. We don't have to look far (Do We)?. Let's go back a little. Remember a long, along time ago when TO came to Philly. At first he was an angel just like RM is now, saying how 'Happy he was to be an Eagle", and how "Excited he was to play with McNabb". Well, We all know how that one worked out.:bricks:

So, Anyway. I pray that it all works out well for RM & Co. Hopefully Belichick won't have to bench him, Cause we can really use his playmaking ability and clutch performance to WIN IT ALL this year. So, Hopefully RM showcases all his talent and Brady & Belichick get the best out of him and successfully utilize his skills.

In conclusion, Let's pray that RM results in this:rocker: & not that:bricks:

people have that opinion because it is low risk high reward. He is randy and if he can be the randy we all know he can be than that is a huge reward but if he is the randy we all fear he could be than we just cut his ass, he is on a one year deal it's hard to become a cancer that quickly, it even took TO longer than that while it didn't take pac man that long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes