PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My case for Brady to be MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Collins

Banned
Reaction score
Case 1
He beat Buffalo in Buffalo. Buffalo beat Cincinnati, who beat Jacksonville who beat Seattle. Therefore Tom Brady is better than Shawn Alexander.

Case 2
He beat New Orleans, who lost to the Giants who lost to the Vikings. Tiki Barber couldn't overcome 3 returns for touchdowns against the Vikings ? Brady is better.

Case 3
He was 3-6 against teams with winning records. Compare that to Jake Plummer's 7-3, and Manning's going 5-0 against AFC playoff teams.
Now, Brady beat Miami who beat Denver, so Brady's better. He beat the Jets who beat Buffalo, who beat Cincinnati who beat Jacksonville who lost to the Colts who lost to the Chargers who lost to Miami who lost to the Patriots. So Brady is better.

Case 4

Tedy Bruschi came back

Case 5

Of the 6 games the Patriots lost, they gave up 27, 41, 40, 26, 28 and 28 points. That means Brady had no defense. Now, the fact that the Patriots only averaged 19 points during those losses doesn't diminsh the fact that any other QB would have lost by more than a 31-19 margin.

So, Brady is better.

Case 6

He beat the two most overrated teams before the rest of the league thought they were overrated. Oakland and Atlanta. Therefore he's better because those teams were considered good at the time.

Isn't this fun ?

Final Case

Without him they wouldn't be 3-6 against teams with a winning record.
Without him, don't know if they could have beaten New Orleans or the Jets.

He's my choice.

Personally, I don't think the league ought to be determining the MVP before the playoffs are over. It makes no sense.

If the league determined the MVP at the true end of the season (post Super Bowl), then the last few years might have had different results.

That being said, who gives a damn? I'll take rings over MVP any day. Especially since the MVP title is so meaningless as it's based on regular seson performance.

Tony Collins said:
Case 1

He's my choice.

I thought that your right hand was your choice.

Tony Collins said:
Case 1
He beat Buffalo in Buffalo. Buffalo beat Cincinnati, who beat Jacksonville who beat Seattle. Therefore Tom Brady is better than Shawn Alexander.

Case 2
He beat New Orleans, who lost to the Giants who lost to the Vikings. Tiki Barber couldn't overcome 3 returns for touchdowns against the Vikings ? Brady is better.

Case 3
He was 3-6 against teams with winning records. Compare that to Jake Plummer's 7-3, and Manning's going 5-0 against AFC playoff teams.
Now, Brady beat Miami who beat Denver, so Brady's better. He beat the Jets who beat Buffalo, who beat Cincinnati who beat Jacksonville who lost to the Colts who lost to the Chargers who lost to Miami who lost to the Patriots. So Brady is better.

Case 4

Tedy Bruschi came back

Case 5

Of the 6 games the Patriots lost, they gave up 27, 41, 40, 26, 28 and 28 points. That means Brady had no defense. Now, the fact that the Patriots only averaged 19 points during those losses doesn't diminsh the fact that any other QB would have lost by more than a 31-19 margin.

So, Brady is better.

Case 6

He beat the two most overrated teams before the rest of the league thought they were overrated. Oakland and Atlanta. Therefore he's better because those teams were considered good at the time.

Isn't this fun ?

Final Case

Without him they wouldn't be 3-6 against teams with a winning record.
Without him, don't know if they could have beaten New Orleans or the Jets.

He's my choice.

Haha! thats my chuckle for the day.

I will actually enjoy the humor of your post.

Brady is a great quarterback and the Pats would be chopped liver without him, but he is not the MVP of the league. My vote would go for Shaun Alexander

brdmaverick said:
I will actually enjoy the humor of your post.

Brady is a great quarterback and the Pats would be chopped liver without him, but he is not the MVP of the league. My vote would go for Shaun Alexander

I'm a Colt fan since I left the Patriots, and I love Tom Brady.

I guess Ian's busy today.

:trolls:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill