PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My camp report and pictures (7/28/06 AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Pictures:

http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/ekem015/2006-7-28/

They're in reverse-chronological order, except for 100_2607 for some reason. So the first picture taken is last in the album.

Misc.:

I see that Rasby has #88. He was shown around practice today, but didn't participate that much.

Keron Henry has #1.

Who was #47? Not Claridge obviously, but it wasn't Roach, Mays, Woods, Alexander, or Mincey.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, Chad Brown was wearing #98, which must mean Gardner switched to 47.

Who's #43? DB. Didn't see #35 blue out there, so Vernell Brown could have changed numbers to make Patrick Pass the exclusive #35.

Notes:

-As Reiss said, the 10 guys on the PUP weren't in uniform. I saw Koppen in street clothes at the beginning of practice snapping for Brady, and I believe I saw Jackson doing the same later on. It also looked like Seymour was out there in street clothes too.

-As Reiss also said, Graham, Mills, Ventrone, Brown, nor Branch were at the practice. Don't remember seeing Charles or Zuriel smith, but they're numberless anyway - and injured.

-Kevin Faulk got all the work at punt returner.

-Condo was the only long snapper out there with Lonie on the PUP, but unlike last year where Weaver and Steen got time snapping during practice, there were no other players snapping. No Thomas, no Mills, although I'm sure they'd be with the offense anyway.

-Dave Thomas got an earful from Mangurian after he screwed up something during a receiving drill.

-John Stone had to do some push-ups (or voluntarily) after dropping a ball in the square catching drill with Daboll.

-Watson, Caldwell, and Thomas got most of the passes with Branch, Troy, Graham, and Jackson out.

-Calwell, as Reiss noted, made a few great deep sideline catches.

-First team OL: Light-Mankins-Hochstein-Neal-Gorin (Koppen and Kaczur on PUP).

-Second team OL: Britt-Yates-Mruc-Tucker-O'Callaghan

-Matt Shelton was constantly wiping his face with his jersey, and Dillon was always down one knee between drills.

-Seely worked with the gunners on some type of drill with a 6-8' metal ring with a towel in the middle - likely to practice getting off the line on punt returns.

-Santonio Thomas, Mike Wright, and L.K. Smith were the 2/3 string DL. Hill was also in the mix. Green, Wilfork, and Warren started with Seymour on the PUP.

-T.B.C. - Gardner - Izzo - C. Brown were the second-team LBs. Woods - Roach - Alexander - Mincey were the third-team.

-Asante stepped in front of a pass and broke it up, a nice play drawing some cheers.

-Bruschi picked off Brady in a 11v11 drill.

-Dillon was starting at RB, but Maroney saw more time - Faulk was #3.

-Faulk fumbled in one of the 11v11 drills.

-WRs ran through a drill where they'd go all out on a tackling dummy. Most of the receivers just dove straight over it.

-Belichick was working with the LBs a lot. Saw him getting physical (in a good way) with Alexander during a drill.

-Both Gramatica and Gostkowski looked good, but Gramatica's kicks were definitely a tad shorter and lower.

-DBs signed today. Artrell Hawkins was leading some little (white) kid around with his autograph book on the field. Don't know who it was.

-I personally got Warfield, Geno, and Antwain Spann. Mel Mitchell left at the horn, but Warfield stuck around. Geno was out there for awhile, along with Tebucky. Don't remember seeing Hobbs, Samuel, or too many others sign. Brady zipped through the line quicker than normal. Mel, Spann, and Warfield were courteous enough to put the cap back on your pen, or pick the cap up if it fell.

-1 liter of water was $6.00. Ridiculous. A regular size soda (24 oz.) was $4.00.

Last edited:
Re: My camp report and pictures

Come on. Who's gonna say it?

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Come on. Who's gonna say it?

Maroney looked TIGHT.

There. :p

(And he actually did.)

Last edited:

So how tight was he? (In his best match game voice)

Tight as a .....

Notes are posted (first post). If I remember anything else I'll add it.

On to the pictures...

Warren94 said:
So how tight was he? (In his best match game voice)

Tight as a .....

goldmember.jpg

He looked very toit. Yesh, toit like a toiger. Yesh Yesh Yesh.

Thanks for posting the news. I like it so far. :)

Now get those pics up! :p

can u tell us why Samuel was not with 1st group D? Howd Maroney look? Was Dillon on 1 knee a lot because tired or because he had some injury? How was Big Ben? Who impressed you most? Least impressed?

Remix 6 said:
can u tell us why Samuel was not with 1st group D? Howd Maroney look? Was Dillon on 1 knee a lot because tired or because he had some injury? How was Big Ben? Who impressed you most? Least impressed?

Nah, Dillon is always like that. Same with last year. Just prefers kneeling over standing, I suppose.

Samuel was with the 1st group later on, if I remember correctly. It was hard to tell since everyone was moving around. Hawkins, Geno, Samuel, and Hobbs were the starters in the 11v11 drill, I believe.

Ben looked good. Was without a doubt Brady's favorite target. He was also in on nearly every drill, since Mills and Graham were out. 2nd, 3rd, 16th team - he was there.

Maroney was catching a lot of balls out of the backfield. Almost got nailed by a Samuel dive. He looked pretty tight running it.

Another note - Vrabel gave I think Heath Evans (might have been Maroney) a nice "hello" right after a catch out of the backfield. Drew some "oOOooooO" and cheers from the crowd. Good solid, err, half-speed hit.

Yet another note - WRs ran through a drill where they'd run straight through a tackling dummy, usually just diving through it.

Here's a picture:

1002624dt0.jpg

I'm working on the other pictures as we speak.

Last edited:

Ouch, they must be taking it to be Maroney...

Needs to keep away from Asante if he can. :D

yeah Samuel is a dangerous little guy. He nails TEs..RBs..WRs..watch out

anyways what about TeBucky/Sanders/Warfield/C.Scott and how was my man Colvin?

Remix 6 said:
yeah Samuel is a dangerous little guy. He nails TEs..RBs..WRs..watch out

anyways what about TeBucky/Sanders/Warfield/C.Scott and how was my man Colvin?

Sanders was vocal out there. Warfield was at corner, don't remember plays going his way. Don't remember seeing Chad or Tebucky out there that much, although I was looking at 10,000 different things at once.

one last question..how was Hobbs? How did he respond to that deep play by Caldwell over him..was he as vocal as he was in mini camp?

Last edited by a moderator:

Remix 6 said:
one last question..how was Hobbs? How did he respond to that deep play by Caldwell over him..was he as vocal as he was in mini camp?

He stuck with Caldwell on the play well. Since there were so many players in the secondary getting reps, I couldn't tell if it affected him at all.

There was construction going on across the street from the stadium. I don't know if they were re-doing that lot over there or if it was part of that area development Kraft proposed.

1002695zz4.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks Pats1 for the report!!!

I am most curious to hear about how T.B.C., Eric Alexander and Chad Brown did. It sounds that Alexander was at ILB and T.B.C and Chad Brown were at OLB.

Thanks for the Kevin Faulk at PR report. It sounds like it will be Kevin Faulk versus a rookie this camp for PR job.

"Belichick was working with the LBs a lot. Saw him getting physical (in a good way) with Alexander during a drill."

very interesting....

Last edited by a moderator:

Very good first report Pats1.

I understand that it's your first practice of the year and you need to get the rust off.

You did not mention Rodney and I understand that he is on the fake PUP.But if he shows himself this afternoon or tomorrow, I expect you to drop everything else and give a full detailed report with photo's.:rocker:

Last edited:

Thanks for the report PATS1,REAL Football finally here.
Couldn't watch anymore,canadian,europe or arena league stuff:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye