PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My brain hurts

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomezcat

Grumpy Englishman.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel this way, trying to understand what the implications are for the next couple of years of signing or not signing the CBA?

Free agency, signing bonuses, pro-rated and amortised (or are they unamortised?), counting against the cap... oh, wait, there won't BE a cap, but then there will be again, Restricted free agents becoming, er, unrestricted, 56.2% of gross revenue unless you are Ralph Wilson in a smaller market.....

WARNING..........BRAIN OVERLOAD......WARNING...... BRAIN OVERLOAD..... EXECUTE EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! KABOOM!

The moral of the story is this: if you fall asleep early and wake up at 5AM , in a bout of insomnia next to a snoring Miss Gomezcat, DO NOT log on and try to understand the salary cap.

I don't worry about it, we're in good hands :)

Forget all that. I'm still waiting for you to explain how Brits can stomach the thought of Daniel Craig as James Bond without petitioning Parliament to intervene and demand a re-cast.

Tunescribe said:
Forget all that. I'm still waiting for you to explain how Brits can stomach the thought of Daniel Craig as James Bond without petitioning Parliament to intervene and demand a re-cast.
Do online petitions count? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:

They close their eyes and think of England? :p

just my 2cents!

Tunescribe said:

You make a very good point. What sort of Bond can't drive or fire a gun? I wish we would pick a real-life ex-SAS type. Nobody would mess with Bond then.

gomezcat said:
Does anyone else feel this way, trying to understand what the implications are for the next couple of years of signing or not signing the CBA?

Free agency, signing bonuses, pro-rated and amortised (or are they unamortised?), counting against the cap... oh, wait, there won't BE a cap, but then there will be again, Restricted free agents becoming, er, unrestricted, 56.2% of gross revenue unless you are Ralph Wilson in a smaller market.....

WARNING..........BRAIN OVERLOAD......WARNING...... BRAIN OVERLOAD..... EXECUTE EMERGENCY SHUTDOWN....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! KABOOM!

The moral of the story is this: if you fall asleep early and wake up at 5AM , in a bout of insomnia next to a snoring Miss Gomezcat, DO NOT log on and try to understand the salary cap.

Ya THINK?

It is done that way on purpose. You need to be a CPA or better yet, a Lawyer, to understand it all. And thats the point. Its all about the agents, and guess what? THEY'RE ALL LAWYERS! Think how the players feel. Being manipulated be the agents and the union that represents the agents like that.

Tell me about it..I understand the salary cap **** and thats it. Revenue sharing? The only thing I've gotten out of all of this is that the smaller market teams want richer teams to share money with them I guess. And the richer teams refuse to do that, and thats where a problem lies. After that I'm stumped at the rest of this crap.

Exactaly what I was thinking...I do not understand revenue sharing or the salary cap (I rely on Miguel for that information).

I read throught the entire thread on the Colts cap situation and didn't understand one thing.

Patti37 said:
Exactaly what I was thinking...I do not understand revenue sharing or the salary cap (I rely on Miguel for that information).

I read throught the entire thread on the Colts cap situation and didn't understand one thing.

Patti, I'm glad that it isn't just me. I am a well-educated person, but all of my education veered towards languages and social sciences. When it comes to Maths and similar stuff, I glaze over. I think Miguel does fantastic work but I really don't understand most of the detail. I only understand it when someone tells me that Adam V and David Givens may be going. I just hope we are seeing brinksmanship by Messrs Upshaw and Tagliabue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes