PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My board so far

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Instead of going in exact order I will break them down by round. This is not a lot of players and have mostly been looking at a few spots only. Also I am assuming some players the Pats have no shot at so will not bother listing them.

Round 1

La'el Collins - OG/OT - My only first round OL prospect right now. Other OL that are also good are to set in the OT spot and I think we need some versatility to make an early OL pick.
Goldman - DT
Brown - DT
Dupree - DE - If Ayers is not signed this could be an option. Can pass rush and run stuff which BB demands. Good replacement for Nink down the line but with give us a monstrous 3 man rotation.
Janel Collins - CB - Was my 3rd round steal a little over a month ago. Now he will not make it out of the 2nd. He will rise more I think. Will be a big physical CB to replace Browner soon.

Round 2

Erving - OL - Was someone i was thinking about in round 1 but now i am pretty sure I don't want him at 32. A lack of a true position hurts him.
Tomlinson - OG - This is the guy I want currently. Good value at 64 if he falls.
Phillip Dorsett - WR
Devin Smith - WR
Ekpre-Olomu - CB - IF you decide you want to replace Arrington after this year this guy is an option. Really solid slot CB who can play the outside better than Arrrington i think. Reminds me of "honey-badger" but with less red flags.
Jordan Phillips - DT - I keep hearing the word "raw". I don't like it. Makes me nervous.
Carl Davis - DT - Everyone keepds telling me how good he is. Have not looked at him much. Will add for now.
Ameer Abdullah - RB - I don't draft RBs in round 1. Ever. I don't draft RBs in round 2 unless they can catch well and run. If the Pats lose Vereen and don't trust white this guy is an option. Probably will be a better pure RB than Vereen too.

I will stop there but will add more guys later. Also this is super early so don't be hattin too much : P

Last edited:
Nice job. Some thoughts:

1. You like Goldman more than me
2. No Odighizuwa?
3. I haven't included CBS in the first two rounds because of the way our roster looks. Collins is an interesting upside guy though.
4. I like Devin Smith as an option at 64. Not sure about Dorsett who I haven't watched but I don't like his lack of size that high in the draft.
5. Love Abdullah. Arguably my favourite prospect overall. Have you looked at Tevin Coleman yet?

Nice job. Some thoughts:

1. You like Goldman more than me
2. No Odighizuwa?
3. I haven't included CBS in the first two rounds because of the way our roster looks. Collins is an interesting upside guy though.
4. I like Devin Smith as an option at 64. Not sure about Dorsett who I haven't watched but I don't like his lack of size that high in the draft.
5. Love Abdullah. Arguably my favourite prospect overall. Have you looked at Tevin Coleman yet?

#1 Yes
#2 I have not seen nearly enough of him.
#3 He was my binkie from before and is rising and WHEN he has a good combine will continue to do so. He is not the first guy I'd like to draft but never rule out a talented 6'2 CB.
#4 Look at Dorsett in the senior bowl, Another one of my 3rd round binkies that broke out a bit and I am staying with him. Adds a vertical threat but does more than that. I like him in round #2 but not #1.
#5 I have said that I am not big on valuing RBs. Ameer can catch out of the backfield though and those guys I do value as they really make things harder on the D. I hear good things about Coleman's catching but I wonder why more production is not there.

Last edited:
I'd really hope that the pats would take Dupree if he was available regardless of whether out not they resign ayers

I want Devin Smith so bad. I'd grab him at 32.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back