PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Blueprint for the Offense

If we keep our picks, I wouldn't complain about a wr at 96, 97 or 102. Before we double dip on the 2nd guard. Might be able to get a 2nd G prospect at 132 or early 6th.

If we keep our picks, I wouldn't complain about a wr at 96, 97 or 102. Before we double dip on the 2nd guard. Might be able to get a 2nd G prospect at 132 or early 6th.

I'm ok with McBridge at 102, but I think we will use at least one of those clusterpicks to trade up. And WR takes backseat to a lot of vacancies.. Smelter at the end it is..

As things stand today, I'd ideally like a double dip at OL, CB and possibly DT (at least 1), along with a RB. That's a lot. WR is definitely taking a back seat for me, and Smelter fits just fine. Hopefully a couple of holes can be plugged between now and the draft.

As things stand today, I'd ideally like a double dip at OL, CB and possibly DT (at least 1), along with a RB. That's a lot. WR is definitely taking a back seat for me, and Smelter fits just fine. Hopefully a couple of holes can be plugged between now and the draft.

Wrong thread but kind of within context of your message.

I think with all the info about veteran CBs coming into Foxboro the Pats essentially tipped their hand that there will be a double dip (early + late) at CBs at the draft.

If we were really planning to trade for a player there would have been plans formulated since before Revis left. At the combine they could have had a few talks. But bringing all of those experienced guys in doesn't fit with that.

The New England Patriots signed running back Travaris Cadet.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CadeTr00.htm

The New England Patriots now have the luxury to wait until Day 3 of the 2015 NFL Draft to select a running back.

Offensive guard now definitely vaults to the top of the offensive priority list.

They have the luxury, but that still doesn't rule out a RB on day 1-2. Any of Gurley, Coleman, Ajayi or Johnson would add a significant dimension to the offense.

Wrong thread but kind of within context of your message.

I think with all the info about veteran CBs coming into Foxboro the Pats essentially tipped their hand that there will be a double dip (early + late) at CBs at the draft.

If we were really planning to trade for a player there would have been plans formulated since before Revis left. At the combine they could have had a few talks. But bringing all of those experienced guys in doesn't fit with that.

I agree. I don't think there's much value out there at CB right now. I would plan on double dipping in the draft and rebuilding the secondary that way.

I agree. I don't think there's much value out there at CB right now. I would plan on double dipping in the draft and rebuilding the secondary that way.

Especially seeing how almost everyone goes totally batshit crazy on the open market. Except in specific cases there is no value at all anymore in FA. No wonder that BB goes specifically for untendered RFA. They are not flashy at all but survived a few years in the league so might be able to bring something to the table. Also as we all heard they don't cost you a potential compensatory pick.

Especially seeing how almost everyone goes totally batshit crazy on the open market. Except in specific cases there is no value at all anymore in FA. No wonder that BB goes specifically for untendered RFA. They are not flashy at all but survived a few years in the league so might be able to bring something to the table. Also as we all heard they don't cost you a potential compensatory pick.

It'll certainly be worth remembering this time next off-season.

The New England Patriots signed running back Travaris Cadet.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CadeTr00.htm

The New England Patriots now have the luxury to wait until Day 3 of the 2015 NFL Draft to select a running back.

Offensive guard now definitely vaults to the top of the offensive priority list.

Always has been at the top of the offensive priority list for me.

And while I would've waited until day 3 to draft a RB anyway, Cadet does absolutely nothing to alleviate
the situation at HalfBack, because he has zero running skills. I would not have signed him for even the vet minimum, at least not until after the draft & UDFA signings. Right now he is wasting precious roster and
cap space; but this seems to be the general theme of Bill's off-season.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back