PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My assessment of the game today

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My opinion of todays game is several things I saw - We don't have a knockout punch and really have never had it in the past 5 years,We win close games and thats the way its gonna be,albeit nailbiters but better than losing - I think that Troy Brown still has some gas left in the tank and saved us on 3rd down a couple of times - Chad Jackson appears to be a good looking upcoming receiver for what was thrown to him today,The first catch along the sideline was a better one than the TD - Doug Gabriel looks a bit on the clumsy side when in route and don't think him and Tom have got on the same page yet - Corey looked good and a bit more game ready than Moroney although MO is just a rookie,we need Corey more in than out right now,as long as that injury is nothing major - Tom looks like he is unsure of where he wants to go on passing schemes at this point,Whether that has to do with a better running game than he has ever had or just some confusion on the receiver routes,I am betting he needs to understand now the game is no longer on his shoulders,he has guys behind him to help him do the job by running and needs to relax a little more - This is the second time in 2 games a blindside hit knocked the ball loose from Tom and gave the football away,Maybe we need to keep an extra TE or RB back there when a blitz is expected or not only will we continue to lose the football but if a guy like John Lynch of Denver hits him like that next week we might lose Tom altogether - and finally it is good to see Bruschi back doing what most LBs can't do with or without any cast on,hit hard and defend like it was the super bowl every game

That blindside strip sack was an overload, the back was over there and picked up the inside man, Tommy was rolling right because he knew about the overload, but he didn't reckon on the speed of the Jest Safety. That was all Tommy's fault for not getting his protection organized before hand.

Positives
-our running game is still rolling well!
-our pass attack looks improved from last week
-our D looked good in first half
-protection for Brady looked better

Negatives
-poor tackling..continues like the first half of Bills game
-penalties..last week we were good..but we had some unneccary ones called
-playcalling..little better than last week but we still passed on 2nd downs when Dillon was eating up the Jets D
-Brady is still turning the ball over..like last week.. a fumble lost and an INT.

I was thinking that the defense looks a lot more comfortable on what they are trying to do. And our defensive line is a monster. For the 2nd straight week, they gave the offensive line of the (Bills and Jets) big problems. Except for the weird/flukey long TD plays by the Jets, the D was fantastic today.

The Offense and Brady look like they are still trying to find out what they are going to do out there. Brady is going to be fine. He definately misses Branch and Givens, but in time, Gabe and Jackson are going to be making big plays and Brady will be looking for them.

But tip your hats to the Jets and Bills for making us earn it. I think they are better teams than some people were giving them credit for.

Miami on the other hand.....Wow. That was a truly pathetic effort today.

I think a lot of the "collapse" in the second half is attribuatble to the Cotchery play. That got the fans back into it. As far as "killer instinct" goes. That was the time to have it. They went for it. The long pass was an attempt to have the "killer instinct" but the ball was under thrown. Simple as that. It backfired. A long series of missed tackles later, and it was a 10 point game all of a sudden.

Two simple tackles and the game is still a blow out and Pats fans are in a much better frame of mind.

BradfordPatsFan said:
I think a lot of the "collapse" in the second half is attribuatble to the Cotchery play. That got the fans back into it. As far as "killer instinct" goes. That was the time to have it. They went for it. The long pass was an attempt to have the "killer instinct" but the ball was under thrown. Simple as that. It backfired. A long series of missed tackles later, and it was a 10 point game all of a sudden.

Two simple tackles and the game is still a blow out and Pats fans are in a much better frame of mind.
HOORAY FOR A SANE POSTER! WELCOME!

penalties. Are we leading the league in fewest penalties? We are likely in the best five.

Remix 6 said:
Positives
-our running game is still rolling well!
-our pass attack looks improved from last week
-our D looked good in first half
-protection for Brady looked better

Negatives
-poor tackling..continues like the first half of Bills game
-penalties..last week we were good..but we had some unneccary ones called
-playcalling..little better than last week but we still passed on 2nd downs when Dillon was eating up the Jets D
-Brady is still turning the ball over..like last week.. a fumble lost and an INT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back