PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Apologies to Poster RobertWeathers

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I acted too hastily in moving poster RobertWeathers' thread regarding his children to the Pub forum. Upon reading it a second time I saw that it did have to do with the way BB spoke last week re: the tapegate. My sincere apologies - - I screwed up.

In the meantime, here is Robert Weathers' original post, followed up by the responses:

OT- For Those With Little Kids, Comic Relief After a Long Week...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this seems absolutely silly, but for those with little kids like me, sometimes there are situations where patience, understanding and reasoning are not possible. I had a couple situations with my 2 girls (5 and 3 year olds)where they pushed robertweathers to try a different tactic. I used the following communicative method (I'm not joking).

Situation #1
Kid #1- "I wanna watch Shark Tale!"

Kid #2- "I wanna watch Lilo & Stitch!"

robertweathers-"Look, all I'm trying to do is put the dvd in the player. I didn't make the movie. I have no idea if it's good or not. You can watch it. You can go play. It doesn't matter. Right now, I'm moving on to putting the movie in the player."

Outcome: They both sat down quietly on the couch and watched the movie.

Situation #2
Kid #1- "I want the pink spoon!"

Kid #2- "No! I want the pink spoon!"

robertweathers-"All I'm trying to do is feed you breakfast. I didn't make the spoons. The look the same to me. I can only give one of you the pink spoon. Thats the best I can do. If one of you can take the Hello Kitty spoon, then you can both eat. If not, then it's not my decision."

Outcome: One of the girls volunteered to take the Hello Kitty spoon and they both ate their breakfast.

My wife thinks I've lost it totally.

"If a player has talent and doesn't succeed, that means that they either don't know or they don't care." - Bill Belichick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by robertweathers : Today at 09:00 PM.

robertweathers
View Public Profile
Send a private message to robertweathers
Find all posts by robertweathers
Add robertweathers to Your Buddy List

#2 Today, 09:00 PM
PatsWickedPissah
Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract Join Date: Feb 2005

Re: OT- For Those With Little Kids, Comic Relief After a Long Week...

I take care of 2 and 4 1/2 yr old girls. The BB method works.

It helps that they think I'm Robbie the Robot

“We played a great team with a great coach in their house at a very bad time,” Chargers General Manager A.J. Smith

"You see your quarterback on the ground, you look up and you say ‘Guys, it’s time to put their guy on the ground." R. Harrison, a man who backs up what he says

Last edited by PatsWickedPissah : Today at 09:01 PM.

PatsWickedPissah
View Public Profile
Send a private message to PatsWickedPissah
Find all posts by PatsWickedPissah
Add PatsWickedPissah to Your Buddy List

#3 Today, 09:03 PM
khayos
Third String But Playing on Special Teams Join Date: Apr 2005
My Zoints Profile

Re: OT- For Those With Little Kids, Comic Relief After a Long Week...

My son is 4 years and 3 months. He hates anything that is a 'commercial', can rattle off at least 8 football teams that he doesn't like (especially the Colts!) and is pretty much self sufficient so that daddy can sleep in on Saturday and Sunday. He plays Madden on the Xbox and has a Nintendo Gamecube in his room.

But what brings a tear to my eye is when he says: "Daddy I'm going to be big and strong so that I can be a Patriot too!"

This brings up a good topic, what exactly is a Zoint?

All I'm trying to do is to moderate. I didn't make up these silly words. They mean nothing to me. You can accept or not, it's all the same to me. They are not my decision. Right now I'm just moving on and focusing on my salad (ooops, that was Martha Stewart).

Shh...just look cool, pretend you didn't see it....

(zoints are kind of personal, see.)

All I'm trying to do is to moderate. I didn't make up these silly words. They mean nothing to me. You can accept or not, it's all the same to me. They are not my decision. Right now I'm just moving on and focusing on my salad (ooops, that was Martha Stewart).

====================================

LOL:singing:

Shh...just look cool, pretend you didn't see it....

(zoints are kind of personal, see.)

====================================

A Jet fan looking cool on a Pats board, I don't think so.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots