PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Analysis of Phillip Rivers' knee Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivers is a joke. I'd rather him play than Volek.

Keegs stepping up! Nice job

Can you now explain "quiet strength" in medical terms?

Also I heard that LT tore his hymen Sunday, how will that affect his ability to play?

Last edited:
Can you now explain "quiet strength" in medical terms?

Stepping in for Keegs on this one: In terms of psychopathology it's otherwise known as "emotional disassociative disorder." This syndrome manifests symptomatically in glad-handing/back-slapping victorious opponents leaving the field after having suffered a crushing defeat, appearing oddly calm and unemotional in press conferences after being ousted from the playoffs, etc., etc.

Last edited:
Stepping in for Keegs on this one: In terms of psychopathology it's otherwise known as "emotional disassociative disorder."

i thought it meant "I'm a terrible friggin coach, but I have the media snowed and they like me"

Phillip Rivers is currently injured and is listed as "questionable" for his next NFL game. That means that he might not play. I have a very experienced orthopedic background so I am going to explain to you people exactly what is going on inside the world of Phillip Rivers.

Phillip Rivers is currently suffering from a sprained MCL. This stands for Medial Collateral Ligament. This occurred on the final play of the 3rd quarter. Unfortunately the MCL is one of the most powerful and important ligaments in the knee. A close 2nd would be the Reciprocal Philangis Ligament and rounding out the top 3 and number 3 would be the Binomial Artery-Manifold Ligament. I can't stress enough to you people how serious a knee injury like this really is. The Medial Collateral Ligament gains it's leverage from the fibula and is attached (binomially) to the carotid artery. So basically, this isn't kiddie stuff.

The MCL's main function is to stabilize the knee bone itself while establishing and re-assessing the main bloodflow from the upper body bones to the lower body bones. Without the MCL, shin splints would be 10 times worse than they already are.

On top of these functions, the MCL also regulates the simple proteins that help lubricate the knee joint itself. These simple proteins help make the knee bend and they are what makes leg lifts possible. An MCL injury tends to limit these simple proteins and can possibly (and retroactively) inhibit any white blood cells that may re coagulate the nervous system.

Phillip Rivers' knee is hurt and it needs to be fixed before he can play football at 100%. Or he's going to be suffering from shin splints of biblical proportions.

I am going to get a little "medical" on you all too. If I may:

Phillip's knee is effed!

Now as for LT, I hyperextended my knee around the end of December. It's still bothering me, and I don't play NFL football.

I don't expect Phillip to play, but if he does, he'll be hobbling. I do expect LT to play, and if they wrap it up, he could be OK, but certainly it can't be the best of situations for them.

In all seriousity, if I may make up a word, thanks KEEGS for sharing that info. good stuff.

In all seriousity, if I may make up a word, thanks KEEGS for sharing that info. good stuff.
Exactly...especially the stuff about the Binomial Artery-Manifold Ligament.

Great diagnostics Keegs.

You forgot to mention the polynomial ligament, especially complications from compensatory lacerations via the metatarsals, which could clip his aorta.

I am going to get a little "medical" on you all too. If I may:

Phillip's knee is effed!

Now as for LT, I hyperextended my knee around the end of December. It's still bothering me, and I don't play NFL football.

I don't expect Phillip to play, but if he does, he'll be hobbling. I do expect LT to play, and if they wrap it up, he could be OK, but certainly it can't be the best of situations for them.

I thought the tell-tale sign of Rivers was that his injury, or, re-injury came from a non-contact play that usually manifests itself as being primarily unstable. Thus, simple lateral and irregular movements will continue to hinder the joint with potential for further damage. I would be surprised to hear that his only problem is his MCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back