PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Analysis of Phillip Rivers' knee Injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers is currently injured and is listed as "questionable" for his next NFL game. That means that he might not play. I have a very experienced orthopedic background so I am going to explain to you people exactly what is going on inside the world of Phillip Rivers.

Phillip Rivers is currently suffering from a sprained MCL. This stands for Medial Collateral Ligament. This occurred on the final play of the 3rd quarter. Unfortunately the MCL is one of the most powerful and important ligaments in the knee. A close 2nd would be the Reciprocal Philangis Ligament and rounding out the top 3 and number 3 would be the Binomial Artery-Manifold Ligament. I can't stress enough to you people how serious a knee injury like this really is. The Medial Collateral Ligament gains it's leverage from the fibula and is attached (binomially) to the carotid artery. So basically, this isn't kiddie stuff.

The MCL's main function is to stabilize the knee bone itself while establishing and re-assessing the main bloodflow from the upper body bones to the lower body bones. Without the MCL, shin splints would be 10 times worse than they already are.

On top of these functions, the MCL also regulates the simple proteins that help lubricate the knee joint itself. These simple proteins help make the knee bend and they are what makes leg lifts possible. An MCL injury tends to limit these simple proteins and can possibly (and retroactively) inhibit any white blood cells that may re coagulate the nervous system.

Phillip Rivers' knee is hurt and it needs to be fixed before he can play football at 100%. Or he's going to be suffering from shin splints of biblical proportions.

Last edited:
Keegs, you kill me. Can you now use your gynecology knowledge and explains LaClassian's vagina injury?

Its gonna be great when we put up 17 on them in the first quarter and Rivers has to start gimping for his life since Tomlinson can no longer save him.

Phillip Rivers is currently injured and is listed as "questionable" for his next NFL game. That means that he might not play. I have a very experienced orthopedic background so I am going to explain to you people exactly what is going on inside the world of Phillip Rivers.

Phillip Rivers is currently suffering from a sprained MCL. This stands for Medial Collateral Ligament. This occurred on the final play of the 3rd quarter. Unfortunately the MCL is one of the most powerful and important ligaments in the knee. A close 2nd would be the Reciprocal Philangis Ligament and rounding out the top 3 and number 3 would be the Binomial Artery-Manifold Ligament. I can't stress enough to you people how serious a knee injury like this really is. The Medial Collateral Ligament gains it's leverage from the fibula and is attached (binomially) to the carotid artery. So basically, this isn't kiddie stuff.

The MCL's main function is to stabilize the knee bone itself while establishing and re-assessing the main bloodflow from the upper body bones to the lower body bones. Without the MCL, shin splints would be 10 times worse than they already are.

On top of these functions, the MCL also regulates the simple proteins that help lubricate the knee joint itself. These simple proteins help make the knee bend and they are what makes leg lifts possible. An MCL injury tends to limit these simple proteins and can possibly (and retroactively) inhibit any white blood cells that may re coagulate the nervous system.

Phillip Rivers' knee is hurt and it needs to be fixed before he can play football at 100%. Or he's going to be suffering from shin splints of biblical proportions.

Thanks, I get it now. So his chances of playing Sunday are 50-50.

Keegs, you kill me. Can you now use your gynecology knowledge and explains LaClassian's vagina injury?

Let me handle that one. My expert diagnosis:

I believe he has sand...in his vagina.

Phillip Rivers is currently suffering from a sprained MCL.

Nice post, but I have to add my own orthopedic insight to this complex injury: He has a hurt leg.

Let me handle that one. My expert diagnosis:

I believe he has sand...in his vagina.

LOL...I was going to say that but I thought is was over the top and I try to be at least a little feminine. I actually am, but my mouth is over the top truck driver sometimes.

Thanks, I get it now. So his chances of playing Sunday are 50-50.

You're totally misreading Keegs' analysis. Clearly, Rivers chances are 49.9 - 50.1

That being said Billy Volek is a legitimate QB.

He shoulder more of the blame for the loses in Ten than was warranted.

If we just look at the 14 game that he had 15 or more attempts and get rid of all the games he was in for just a series at the end of disaster games his play looks pretty solid.

Tenn managed to lose games when he had passer rates of: 130.6 and 107.1.

In the 14 games where had 15 or more attempts he is 299 of 493 for 3342 yards 25 tds and 11 ints.

Rivers may not be the starter because he is better, but because he is younger and the future.

One of your better posts, Keegs...

I thought the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) was the worst one to injure? I always heard the MCL was the easiest to come back from.

I thought the ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) was the worst one to injure? I always heard the MCL was the easiest to come back from.

Psstt check Keegs' post history, this is far from a serious assesment.

That being said Billy Volek is a legitimate QB.
Not saying this because I'm a Patriots fan but unless Rivers' knee sprain is incredibly mild, they're better off with Volek because, as you say, he's a 100% viable QB. Not a guy you want to be starting in the AFCCG but he's not Jim Sorgi either. Rivers now has two bad knees, they need to play Volek, hope to win and see if Rivers can get the rest needed for the SB.

The MCL is easiest to come back from but this is just a week, an MCL sprain isn't really a one week thing.

Wikipedia's amazing ain't it Keegs?

:)

Keegs...Did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night? ;)

All that being said, Volek is not a precipitous downgrade from Rivers IMO. He's ably filled in for McNair in the past. I expect that BB will have plans in place for both QBs, not that they'll be all that different from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes