PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My All Time Patriots Team...By Unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My All Time Patriots Team ... By Unit.

Leon Gray wasn't just a guy. He's a hall of famer too, if I'm not mistaken, or at least ends up on the final ballot every year.

What hall of fame is he in?

Brian Holloway managed to get three pro bowls playing next to Hannah too.

Gray was a good lineman, but the playing next to Hannah factor can't be dismissed IMO

Last edited:
edit: Oh, I almost forgot ... the 1978 Patriots set the team rushing record for a season with over 3100 yards, a record that still stands. I think either the OL or the RB group (or both) pretty much has to be considered better than the modern group in the list above.

The 1978 Pats set not only the team rushing record, but the NFL rushing record, which still stands. And may stand forever. Michael Vick's Falcons were the most recent team with the potential to come close, but obviously that potential has disappeared.

When I have more time, I'll do more research, but the '78 RBs - Sam Bam, AJ, Don Calhoun, Horace Ivory, Mosi Tatupu - and the '78 OL may be the best RBs and OL, respectively, in the team's history. The '96 RBs - Curtis Martin, Dave Meggett, Keith Byers, Sam Gash - were darn good, too.

So far, my only definites are:
2005 QBs - Brady, Flutie, Cassel;
2007 WRs;
1984 LBs - Tippett, Nelson, Blackmon, McGrew, Rembert, Reynolds, Weishuhn (injured on Opening Day and was never the same), Ingram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back