Welcome to PatsFans.com

My 3 Greatest Syndicated Shows Of My Lifetime.

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by IcyPatriot, Dec 24, 2007.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +613 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

To start I was born in 1960 ... that bears some importance here.
    These are my 3 greatest ... I'm sure many will be different here.

1: Seinfeld - easily in my opinion the most genius of all shows. Every detail of the show had a bearing on the show. The greatness of all the adult issues it hit upon were amazing ... and every show funny - I never saw 1 bad episode.

2: MASH - Right up there with Seinfeld ... Sometimes way more serious but another show that paid attention to detail ... never saw a bad one.

3: Sanford & Son - This one was a tough call ... real tough but the genius of Redd Foxx lives with history ... that show was just plain funny. Watching that show was an escape for a while ... and a good one.

Honorable mention to Cheers, I Love Lucy, Gleasons, All in the Family.
  2. Pats Fanatic

Pats Fanatic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#54 Jersey

Hate to be technical but syndicated shows are those that was not broadcast network shows. Your list were all originally network shows. Syndicated shows are the shows that are sold to individual stations. They would include many talk shows( Oprah Winfrey) and some great dramatic and comedy shows like Superman, Sea Hunt and Star Trek: The Next Generation.
  3. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I think he's referring to shows that are in reruns on channels that purchase them. I believe that is also known as syndication. I believe a show has to be on for at least 5 seasons before it can go into syndication.
  4. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

1: Star Trek - There are some bad episodes but, for the most part it was an amazing show especially considering how low budget it was. A lot of the episodes were written by some of the best sci-fi writers around and I can watch those episodes any time they are on.

2: Seinfeld and King of Queens - These shows have been shown on different stations back to back for years now and I think I have seen every episode many times.

3: Star Trek The Next Generation - Same as the first. But, not quite at the same level.

Honorable mention to Cheers, I Love Lucy, Honeymooners, All in the Family. Yep I can agree with that. And I'll add The Twilight Zone
  5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +613 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Yup ... thanks for the bingo!!!
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +613 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I also like the original Star Trek and I still love Twilight Zone ... shown just about every night on the SciFi channel at 1:00 AM. New Years they always have the marathon and I love it ... I watch it while I work on my desk. Sometimes, I even get to see a show I had never seen before.:D