MVP Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatestEVER

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
NFL MVP forecast: Peyton Manning leads Tom Brady - NFL.com

Updated NFL MVP Odds After NFL Week 12 | Bleacher Report

It seems like Manning is going to win the MVP this year (Again :snob::rolleyes:) barring some epic collapse to end the year, which is highly unlikely considering the Broncos' soft schedule.

Manning is certainly having a great year, personally if Brees is able to lead the Saints back into the playoffs which is still possible, IMO he would deserve it more than Manning.

Personally I still believe that Brady is the MVP, being that his stats are clearly insane, and based on watching the Patriots he is the clear winner but then again that may just be purely based on blind homerism :p. If Brady is able to have solid outings against the 49ers & the Texans, and it is more likely that he will against the latter based on how they are playing D right now, I think he will have it locked up.

Then again the media just has a gigantic man crush on Manning, so that has to be taken into account as well.

It should be fun seeing how this year plays out, after all, what really counts is the Lombardi.

QB rating: Brady
total QBR: Brady
TD/INT ratio: Brady by a huge, enormous margin
yards: Brady
win/loss record: Brady
productivity of offense: Brady
head-to-head: Brady

Manning has a marginally better completion percentage, 67.7% to 65.1%

Other than the media's attachment to Manning's ballsack, is there even an argument that can be made for Manning? I don't see it.

At least bleacher report knows what's up

Other than the media's attachment to Manning's ballsack, is there even an argument that can be made for Manning? I don't see it.

pats cheat n won 11 game without tim brody but mannig got hurt n colt only won 2

All of their stats are pretty comparable except this one:
TB 0.7 INT%
PM 2.0 INT%

Brady should be the favorite right now because he's helped his team win games just as much as Peyton, and he's also helped them not lose more than Peyton.

The bolded part is all that matters. The CPOY and MVP were Manning's to lose the moment he returned to the game.

Hey, how about the fact that Tim ******* Tebow led this very same Broncos team to the playoffs, going 7-4 down the stretch and beating the Steelers on the road in the postseason? I mean, everybody is quick to jump at the "look at Matt Cassel, anybody could be successful on the Patriots" argument, but I haven't seen a single person bring up the fact that Denver went to the divisional round of the playoffs with a fullback playing QB. I mean, Brady has only led the best offense in NFL history in terms of ppg so far, what has he done to deserve MVP?

Aside from all that, the Broncos have the 8th best defense in football in ppg, and the 4th best in ypg. The Patriots are ranked 13th and 27th respectively. When the Colts had bad defenses, Manning was more valuable because he had to do more to win. When the Patriots have a bad defense, Manning is more valuable because, well, he's Peyton Manning. This is ******* ******ed.

Last edited:
Hey, how about the fact that Tim ******* Tebow led this very same Broncos team to the playoffs, going 7-4 down the stretch and beating the Steelers on the road in the postseason? I mean, everybody is quick to jump at the "look at Matt Cassel, anybody could be successful on the Patriots" argument, but I haven't seen a single person bring up the fact that Denver went to the divisional round of the playoffs with a fullback playing QB.

Or the fact that Luck is likely going to lead the Colts to a comparable record as Manning's last season with that team. Apparently the fact that the Colts' backup plan for Manning was to tank furthers his legacy...

Last edited:

To be clearly honest I have never understood the fascination and enthrallment of the media with Manning. Yeah he is a great Quarterback and I will be the last person to devalue his accomplishments, but I find nothing about him that is so astoundingly bewildering. The man is a great quarterback, one of the greatest ever but if I had never watched him play over the years and just went on what the media had built him up to be I would end up thinking that he has never thrown a bad pass or an interception in his life.

What Peyton Manning is doing right now makes him a rightfully deserving candidate for the Comeback Player of the Year Award not the Most Valuable Player Award. Even the CPoY award is in contention by another deserving player. The season Adrian Peterson is having after coming off that brutal injury is nothing short of astonishing. The man is playing at a high level and is the best at his position as of right now. That is more than can be said about Manning, and yet you see Manning atop the MVP list lol.

Manning doesn't deserve the MVP. But he was destined to win it. In all honestly, I could care less. Let him have the MVP. As long as the Pats take care of business in the playoffs, that's all that matters to me. BUT, if Manning wins CPOY, MVP, and the Super Bowl, I'll be sick. The ballwashing at that point would be completely unbearable.

Brady has to at least win OPY

If Brady's numbers stay great, and the Patriots beat both the Texans and 49ers to get the #2 seed, Brady will get plenty of consideration:

nfl-mvp-flowchart.png

Last edited:
Manning doesn't deserve the MVP. But he was destined to win it. In all honestly, I could care less. Let him have the MVP. As long as the Pats take care of business in the playoffs, that's all that matters to me. BUT, if Manning wins CPOY, MVP, and the Super Bowl, I'll be sick. The ballwashing at that point would be completely unbearable.

Manning won't win another Superbowl. I don't care if he has a ring, faltering in the postseason is what he does, and is what he did even when he finally won. Remember, this is a guy who threw 3 TDs and 7 INTs in the playoffs the year he won a title. And now his home playoffs games will most likely be played under cold weather. Not exactly a recipe for success.

I sure we all dont care about the NFL MVP and much as we do the Super Bowl MVP...that is the only throphy i want Brady hoisting.

Fun fact: Tom Brady has received more career MVP votes overall than Peyton Manning

edit: forgot to add - 'Per year active'

Manning:
98-0
99-0
00-1
01-0
02-0
03-16
04-47
05-13
06-2
07-0
08-32
09-39.5
10-0
--------
11.57 per year

Brady:
01-0
02-0
03-8
04-0
05-10
06-0
07-49
09-0
10-50
11-0
--------
11.7 per year

Last edited:
Fun fact: Tom Brady has received more career MVP votes overall than Peyton Manning

I did not not that but it makes sense :p

A simple reason for that would be that Tom Brady fully deserved the MVP awards he got, while Peyton Manning's had to be force with the exception of the 2004 MVP IMO.

The most undeserving MVP awards in my opinion were the 2008 and 2009 MVP awards. I remember Kurt Warner and Drew Brees get shafted in their respective years. Better statistics and all.

In 2009 Brees led the highest scoring offense, and both teams play in a dome so not much difference.

I sure we all dont care about the NFL MVP and much as we do the Super Bowl MVP...that is the only throphy i want Brady hoisting.

Clearly, we all want the Pats to win another SB, but I suspect that Brady is aware that Manning is often referred to as the "only four time NFL MVP." I want Brady to get number three if he deserves it and I think it's clear that he deserves it.

I did not not that but it makes sense :p

A simple reason for that would be that Tom Brady fully deserved the MVP awards he got, while Peyton Manning's had to be force with the exception of the 2004 MVP IMO.

The most undeserving MVP awards in my opinion were the 2008 and 2009 MVP awards. I remember Kurt Warner and Drew Brees get shafted in their respective years. Better statistics and all.

In 2009 Brees led the highest scoring offense, and both teams play in a dome so not much difference.

As much as I can't stand Favre, he deserved it over Manning in 2009. At any rate, he shouldn't have gotten that one, 2008 was another joke, and he split with Steve McNair in 2004 (although he should've won it outright).

This is just making me mad.

edit: forgot to add - 'Per year active'

Manning:
98-0
99-0
00-1
01-0
02-0
03-16
04-47
05-13
06-2
07-0
08-32
09-39.5
10-0
--------
11.57 per year

Brady:
01-0
02-0
03-8
04-0
05-10
06-0
07-49
09-0
10-50
11-0
--------
11.7 per year

Very interesting that Brady got 10 MVP votes in 2005. He had a great season, but I don't remember it as particularly outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes