PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MVP Of The Mia/NE Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Who is your pick as Patriots MVP of this game? - Obviously (with exception of #80) there are NO offensive players worthy of todays MVP award,That was a putrid all around offensive performance notwithstanding impressive play by the Miami D-Line,I may rank this offensive showing as worse than the Denver game but nevertheless we won so all is well in Patriotville tonight - Anyway as my answer to my question is a no brainer -Its ASAUNTE SAMUEL easily as the best player who practically saved this game more than twice when it was in doubt,we better sign this guy in the offseason....runner-up awards go to Troy Brown who kept drives alive in the crucial 4th quarter and Steven Gostkowski who showed he can actually make a kick longer than 20 yards and still have it go thru the uprights.

I would go with Troy as he was the only one with any production on offense all day and was really toms safety blanket. Great game for asante as far as getting two picks, but without seeing the film and breaking it down, its really hard to say how good a game a defensive player had. Hopefully the TO's will keep on coming on for the D, at times they really do seem to be contagious with the Pats

Samuel. Good all around game.

Samuel not only had 2 INTs, he also made a big stop on that screen to Ronnie Brown which stopped them from getting into makable FG range for that last Mare attempt.

Samuel is the ONLY choice. Even w/o the INTs, he was everywhere today, and with some fundamental tackling.

Without Samuel, we probably would have lost by 10.

mgteich said:
Without Samuel, we probably would have lost by 10.

The Pats converted the three turnovers into 17 points, 14 from Samuel INT's

Ironically, earlier this week on the thread picking the weakest Starter on the roster, Samuel was one of the consensus winners. If BB/SP had successfully signed Ty Law this offseason, Samuel would probably be our nickelback.

Samuel, no question in my mind.

I gott give Troy some love. That guy is the best.

PATRIOT64 said:
Who is your pick as Patriots MVP of this game? - Obviously (with exception of #80) there are NO offensive players worthy of todays MVP award,That was a putrid all around offensive performance notwithstanding impressive play by the Miami D-Line,I may rank this offensive showing as worse than the Denver game but nevertheless we won so all is well in Patriotville tonight - Anyway as my answer to my question is a no brainer -Its ASAUNTE SAMUEL easily as the best player who practically saved this game more than twice when it was in doubt,we better sign this guy in the offseason....runner-up awards go to Troy Brown who kept drives alive in the crucial 4th quarter and Steven Gostkowski who showed he can actually make a kick longer than 20 yards and still have it go thru the uprights.

Asante is the man and gets MVP, no question. But don't be too hard on the offense. I thought Dillon had a good game as did Brady and Brown. Our running numbers weren't sexy, but they had to stack up on the run to stop it. Our running game did enough to keep the defense honest. Against Miami that's all you can ask. Dillon was offensive MVP.

Troy close runner-up but his TD came off of a pick of Asante. Samuel MVP for this one

Two things I NEVER want to see on this board ever again:

1) "Reche Caldwell is soft"

and

2) "Asante Samuel is not a starting calibre NFL CB". The kid put on a clinic yesterday. He put on a clinic down the stretch and in the playoffs last year (that flag on him in the Denver playoff was as bogus as a three dollar bill).

Josh Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye