PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mvp Of The Game Thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My weekly post MVP of this past game NE-Minnesota is.....​
QB-Tom Brady - Tom quieted all sceptics who thought he could not get over Branch/Givens - This is the 5th straight week that he has improved his QB rating number which shows he is in Super Bowl like form..Again - That passing performance would make any past QB Hall Of Famer proud - Minnesota's defense was putty in his hands - He is by far and away the MVP in this one​
Runner Up Awards....​
I thought that Doug Gabriel was just slightly better than both Reche and Watson in the passing game but you simply have to include all 3 as a trio for the runner up award with the Whole Defense getting accolades as well​

I'd give it to the passing game in general. They obviously worked like hell as a unit, so that's what I say.

RayClay said:
I'd give it to the passing game in general. They obviously worked like hell as a unit, so that's what I say.
Agreed to some extent,but if Brad Johnson was throwing that trio the ball instead I don't think you see the same result-Brady was as good as I have ever seen him in his career,Maybe not the highest QB rating he ever had,but he can't possibly do much more positive than he did sunday night-I was awed and happy with his whole gameplay,even that interception was a decent throw,it was just an awesome play by sharper to intercept it :)

Clean win for Brady.

The receiving, blocking, and defensive play were all team efforts, with the credit spread widely around. Brady, as QBs are apt to do, stood alone.

When a QB is that good in a game, and most of the plays are passes, he's almost automatically the MVP.

Fencer said:
Clean win for Brady.

The receiving, blocking, and defensive play were all team efforts, with the credit spread widely around. Brady, as QBs are apt to do, stood alone.

When a QB is that good in a game, and most of the plays are passes, he's almost automatically the MVP.

The Oline had great pass protection all game. Most of Brady's throws were down field, which means the WR needed time to run his route. The OL man handled their front four and picked up the blitzes well. That was a great block by Maroney on that play action. I would have liked to see the WR's react better to the blitzes and cut off their routes a little quicker though...

i give it to the coaching staff

Brady being BRADY! Yeah, I'd go with Brady!

Coaching staff. Best game plan i can remember. Can't run vs vikes DL? Dont want to expose a backup OL? Who cares, we'll go 5 wide all game.

PatsWorldChamps said:
Coaching staff. Best game plan i can remember. Can't run vs vikes DL? Dont want to expose a backup OL? Who cares, we'll go 5 wide all game.

I agree. It was an astounding game plan and I can't believe it worked so well. Hats off to them.

How do the Pats keep doing in?

Other teams have similar systems to NE(Pitt, Philly, Denver, etc)-where they don't follow the Dan Snyder rule and over-bonus their players-however, they've been through as many down seasons as up.

However-BB has yet to have a bad season with this. This is really amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes