PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MVP of sundays NE/Buf game

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As per my usual MVP of the game weekly post I find it most hard this week to pick one certain player that stands out on the team - IMO this game was by far the most FULL team effort we have seen yet with no real standouts - If I had to pick a player from EITHER team it would have been Mcgahee-he is a very good back with unlimited potential to change a game by himself,He needs to do that because those other offensive players around him are pathetic​
So since I only pick a NE MVP player whether its a Win Or Loss I am going with as Most Valuable Player Of The Game as (drum roll please) - COREY DILLON - Corey looked about 5 years younger with those TD runs and looked quick on his feet,I bet he rested those legs a bit in the bye week - He gets my vote,Tom was a close second with a nice masterful controlled game from his QB position with Watson third as he grabbed some tough catches for nice gains....​

Last edited:
PATRIOT64 said:
As per my usual MVP of the game weekly post I find it most hard this week to pick one certain player that stands out on the team - IMO this game was by far the most FULL team effort we have seen yet with no real standouts - If I had to pick a player from EITHER team it would have been Mcgahee-he is a very good back with unlimited potential to change a game by himself​

We often gush that the Patriots are a fine TEAM ...
not simply a collection of talent wearing look-alike uniforms.

The recurring difficulty of singling out one player who was "most valuable"
is another interesting way to demonstrate that.

Sure, every week, several players come up with exceptional accomplishments.
But it isn't regularly the same few guys, is it?

I found it difficult to choose just one so I go for the entire recieving line, as they have improved to a point that it really helped out the gameplan.

After watching for a 2nd time, I choose Samuel as my player of the game, with a runner-up nod to Seau. Samuel helped hold Evans to one measly catch for 11 yards, and also came up with one of the biggest plays of the game, the interception. He also had several passes defensed.

Seau led the team in tackles and had an overall really solid game. He has really helped solidify that linebacking crew.

My "3rd star" would go to Chad Scott, who is proving week by week that he is still a good starting NFL corner.

Slightly OT, but Maroney did make ST Player of the Week today.

grahambo82 said:
After watching for a 2nd time, I choose Samuel as my player of the game, with a runner-up nod to Seau. Samuel helped hold Evans to one measly catch for 11 yards, and also came up with one of the biggest plays of the game, the interception. He also had several passes defensed.

Seau led the team in tackles and had an overall really solid game. He has really helped solidify that linebacking crew.

My "3rd star" would go to Chad Scott, who is proving week by week that he is still a good starting NFL corner.

I think I'd give first place to Corey; it's hard to ignore the two touchdowns, especially given neither started on the goal line. Asante would definately be #2 in my book, though. That was a GOOD pick (for what it's worth, Losman said in the post-game that even in retrospect he thought it was a good place to throw the ball) that changed the game from 14-10 or 14-6 at the half with the Bills receiving to 14-3. It was a huge moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes