PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Muting Phil Simms In 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I feel like upchucking over the national broadcast teams (or, even some regionals), I immediately think back to last season's Pats-Lions game in Detroit, and I tend to right myself.

Man, that was really a baaaaad broadcasting booth they offered us for that game!
If you're talking about the same guys I got, they are the FSN Detroit Tigers broadcasters.

I also disagree and really like Simms. Just wish that they would give him Greg Gumbel back as his partner instead of Nantz.

Agree. Nantz is another Manning ballwasher. Pretty obvious he would have sex with him if given the opportunity...

Count me as a Sims supporter, he knows BB and his subleties, Nance has a nice way about him, easily they are the best tandem on TV.

On another board I heard what I think is a great idea.

Every game would be broadcasted by three guys; the stations play-by-play guy and each teams analyst. That way you get to hear announcers that are in touch with the teams on the field, with some homerism and some outside opinion as well.

It will never happen because stations like to have "their guys" but I think it would be perfect.

Simms is OK, but not great.

Personally, I'd love to see Jaws team up with Madden. I think Jaws is the most insightful of the NFL announcers, he breaks down the X's and O's better than anyone else (that is, he actually breaks down the X's and O's).

Madden just doesn't seem to have much to say, but his voice/style just feel like football. I'd take him over Buck, a aseball first guy, any day.

Whoever started this thread has been listening to different broadcasts than I have been, as I find Simms as informative and interesting as any commentatory, better than many.

While we're at it, let me put in my own 2 cents in support of **** Stockton as a play by play guy. I don't think anyone does a better job of calling the game and setting up the commentary than ****...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes