PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MUST READ: Ross Tucker Patriot Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Tucker is a good guy. He co-hosted on a Sirius radio show when one of the regular hosts was out for the day, his inflection isn't the best for radio but he seems like a smart person and is an excellent writer.

That's a really great article.

Each of the 5 points is one we already knew. But on 4 of the 5, there was additional detail or support I did NOT know.

That's awesome for a single column.

Ross Tucker is a good guy. He co-hosted on a Sirius radio show when one of the regular hosts was out for the day, his inflection isn't the best for radio but he seems like a smart person and is an excellent writer.

He's a Princeton grad...

Last edited:
That piece was the best SI or ESPN article I have read all season concerning the NFL.

The Brady portion is just another in a long list of affirmations in my belief that Brady is a football genius. I've read a handful of Pats books, but not all of them out there, so maybe there are chapters of those books that go into depth about his magnificence at reading a defense, audibling and making the right throw. If they haven't done so already, I hope BB, Weis, McDaniels and company provide some author with extensive detail about various plays Brady worked to perfection.

Regards,
Chris

A story - an old colleague of mine was on a flight with Kiki Von Oloffsen(god knows if I spelled that right). This was about three years ago. If no one remembers, he's the guy that took Carson Palmer's knee out. Apparently, a great guy. It was at the point where he had left Pittsburgh for the Jets. He and my work pal were at the point where Kiki was showing him play formations of the Denver Bronco's run plays with plastic forks and knives. They got to BS'ing and a couple things that surfaced from the convo and A#1 was that he said Tom Brady was EASILY the best QB in the NFL and 80% of the reason the Patriots were as good as they were. He went on to say that Manning's success was a little more a product of the system, but Brady was the smartest and best leader in the NFL. He also went on to say that Big Ben was incredibly immature and needed a lot of wising up before he became one of the good ones - I believe this was about a year before he flipped his motorcycle.

Not for nothing, but from the mouth of an NFL player. Not sure if Kiki is even playing these days, apparently had bought a construction company in the Seattle area and that's what he was going to be doing post NFL.

A story - an old colleague of mine was on a flight with Kiki Von Oloffsen(god knows if I spelled that right). This was about three years ago. If no one remembers, he's the guy that took Carson Palmer's knee out. Apparently, a great guy. It was at the point where he had left Pittsburgh for the Jets. He and my work pal were at the point where Kiki was showing him play formations of the Denver Bronco's run plays with plastic forks and knives. They got to BS'ing and a couple things that surfaced from the convo and A#1 was that he said Tom Brady was EASILY the best QB in the NFL and 80% of the reason the Patriots were as good as they were. He went on to say that Manning's success was a little more a product of the system, but Brady was the smartest and best leader in the NFL. He also went on to say that Big Ben was incredibly immature and needed a lot of wising up before he became one of the good ones - I believe this was about a year before he flipped his motorcycle.

Not for nothing, but from the mouth of an NFL player. Not sure if Kiki is even playing these days, apparently had bought a construction company in the Seattle area and that's what he was going to be doing post NFL.

It's Kimo, but I do not know exactly the last name.

I recall a story a year ago or at the beginning of the season where an unnamed ex-Pat was minimizing the character and wanting to win angle and said that the difference between the Pats and everyone else was Tom Brady.

One story that really made me understand how special Tom Brady is is Rodney's story from Three Games to Glory DVD 2003.

In the SB, after Rodney broke his arm and snuck back onto the field, he was sweating bullets about winning the game. Ty Law told him not to worry about it. "we got that guy," he said pointing to Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down