PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Must Read Article on Brady By Dan Wetzel - For those who think Brady doesn't care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Great Article on Brady By Dan Wetzel - For those who think Brady doesn't care

I'd love to challenge anyone who believes this doesn't and hasn't hurt any single person associated with the Patriots today Ian. They tried valiantly, they just came up short.

Re: Great Article on Brady By Dan Wetzel - For those who think Brady doesn't care

1) 1st Offensive Play Safety(cost us 9 points and put D on heels immediately)
2) Another throw it up for Grabs bomb to a limping Gronk that results in INT

Two plays, and chalk up another loss....He hasnobody else to blame but his own mediocre play. I thought he would've learnt the lesson from Ravens game ill timed throw to Slater.

Fact is Eli played it safe. The Old Brady we knew we could count on not making mistakes to beat self in PLAYOFFS. Post 2007, that Brady is MIA, as we saw another example tonight. :confused:

That was devastating to read. There is also a video of her hugging and kissing him while it looks like she is crying.

I feel real bad for Tom no one puts more effort in than him and while he played good others didn't pull for him and not having his best receiver fully fit really hurt.

It's pretty simple. Winning isn't ever guaranteed. Even the most entitled morons in the fan base should be able to grasp that simple reality.

The defense had proven resilient. Brady had shaken off early mistakes to put together a brilliant 16-for-16 and two-touchdown passing stretch. All they needed to make was one more play. On offense. On defense. Somewhere. Anywhere.

It never happened.

Maybe Eric Wilbur of the globe should read this

1) 1st Offensive Play Safety(cost us 9 points and put D on heels immediately)
2) Another throw it up for Grabs bomb to a limping Gronk that results in INT

Two plays, and chalk up another loss....He hasnobody else to blame but his own mediocre play. I thought he would've learnt the lesson from Ravens game ill timed throw to Slater.

Fact is Eli played it safe. The Old Brady we knew we could count on not making mistakes to beat self in PLAYOFFS. Post 2007, that Brady is MIA, as we saw another example tonight. :confused:
and welcome to ignore.

Great reporting.

Told the facts in a story like manner.

No bias. No bullsh1t.

Ugh...Brady is playing this game like it's life or death and creates a whole world of extra pressure on himself. What happened to the guy who fell asleep before SB 36 ? This Tom Brady looks like he hasn't slept since the AFC game.

That's just crushing to read.

The God's honest truth is I didn't want this Superbowl win for the trophy or the Superbowl itself or for Patriot fans - I wanted it for Brady and Belichick's legacy.
That's what I cared about more than anything else about this game.

I just really wish Wes could have made that play...

Ugh...Brady is playing this game like it's life or death and creates a whole world of extra pressure on himself. What happened to the guy who fell asleep before SB 36 ? This Tom Brady looks like he hasn't slept since the AFC game.

I agree, there is still way too much pressure that being put on Brady to make the plays in order to win us any games, he is 34 years old, going into the twlight of his career, we seriously need some playmakers to make plays for him, not brady making plays for them anymore, from now on he is gonna need all the help he can.

I agree, there is still way too much pressure that being put on Brady to make the plays in order to win us any games, he is 34 years old, going into the twlight of his career, we seriously need some playmakers to make plays for him, not brady making plays for them anymore, from now on he is gonna need all the help he can.

mentally this will be a tough pill to swallow. Since Josh is back, they really need to focus on where to take this Offense and making it be more balanced.

This silliness of Moss/Welker, Gronk/Welker needs to stop. The Patsof old have so many threats that Brady made better. Where did that strategy disappear off to ?

Ridley and Vereen need to be given a chance at RB position
WR position needs massive upgrade
OL is stable for another year

I don't totally disagree with what you are saying, but things have changed since 2001. He didn't have to bring those teams back from 17 or 21 point deficits'.

I don't have a complete answer, just kind of numb.

BS. Woodhead and Lawfirm played great in the Superbowl.

Pats had the game in their hands, and Brady just (over)threw it away.
That Welker "drop" was a badly overthrow of Brady. Welker was wiiiiiiidddddde open, and Brady threw it too high and to his left.
If Brady doesnt overthrow, hits Welker in his stride between the numbers, Welker takes it at least 10 yards more, if not to the house.

Belicheck should have left the Giants score immediately after the 2min. As it was, Giants took another min off the clock, and Pats run out of time at the end.

Tough loss for Brady. He played pretty good. Not the amazing bounceback most delusioned Pats fans were expecting. He wasn't even great. Good enough to win. Unfortunately Eli Manning was the most clutch. I can't believe this. God I'm depressed. :(

mentally this will be a tough pill to swallow. Since Josh is back, they really need to focus on where to take this Offense and making it be more balanced.

This silliness of Moss/Welker, Gronk/Welker needs to stop. The Patsof old have so many threats that Brady made better. Where did that strategy disappear off to ?

Back to what I said.

I also watch a lot NBA, being in LA makes me a Lakers fan, and that also brings me to a lot attention to the Celtics, do you know what those 2 teams have in simliar? The most I heard about those 2 teams are "Father time is undefeated". I didn't mean Brady sucks, or lost his winning spirit. I think it's father time, it's just the naturl progression that you are going to lose some of your touches, same as Kobe can't score 40 every game for the lakers, they gonna need Gasol to not being soft and Bynum play lights out for them to win, also holds true for the C's, because KG and Ray Allen is basicly running on his last legs, and they need the truth to make more plays for them. That's what I meant for bring more playmakers to make plays for Brady. Remember Jordan didn't win nothing after he left the bulls, not because he isn't great anymore, because he lost all the playmakers that was around him, and also was the father time factor

Tough loss for Brady. He played pretty good. Not the amazing bounceback most delusioned Pats fans were expecting. He wasn't even great. Good enough to win. Unfortunately Eli Manning was the most clutch. I can't believe this. God I'm depressed. :(

Well, Eli had all the help he needed from his teammates for his clutchitude. That Manningham sideline reception was bananas. Brady wasn't as fortunate today. If another catch or two is made (I think we can think of at least one drop in particular...), we're talking about how great Brady is in the clutch.

Last edited:
Ugh...Brady is playing this game like it's life or death and creates a whole world of extra pressure on himself. What happened to the guy who fell asleep before SB 36 ?

That guy wasn't going up against a pass rush like the guy who played in SB 42 or 46. That guy in SB 36 also often got a lot more help from his defense, and he also wasn't going up against an opposing offense that to its own credit was making clutch play after clutch play after clutch play.

It's still the same team game, and he's still the same guy.

Tom didn't play perfect, but then again neither did his receivers, and I don't know how many Super Bowls have been won by a team whose defense allowed 75 percent completion and forced zero turnovers (I'm going to go out on a limb and guess zero). He's one of the greatest QBs if not the greatest who's ever played the game. That's been my opinion for years, and this game didn't change that for me. If anything, it solidified it. How he handled himself before, during, and after the game - I couldn't be prouder and have never been prouder to be a Patriots fan or a Tom Brady fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes