Welcome to PatsFans.com

Muslim Brotherhood

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

The Liberals Muslim Brotherhood (Happy Little Boy Scouts) are climbing up the ladder, America's Left Wing slobberers keep telling us what nice little guys they are though and we shouldn't worry about them, I think The Jews should worry about them, don't you?

The Muslim Brotherhood had a Rally the other day they called it "KILL THE JEWS DAY"
    Muslim Brotherhood Holds

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -3

#11 Jersey

Thanks for this breaking news.

3. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

Who has told you that, harry?

or are you just making things up yet again?

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

It certainly is going to see how this unfolds over the next 10-20 years or so. The Brotherhood will have control over multiple countries ... interesting indeed. If they represent the people's will then it will be good for the world - if they don't it's going to be more of a mess than ever as they will have control of a tremendous amount of assets.

5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

Wow....I guess that's the real Egypt, huh?

Sounds like the KKK of years ago.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +667 / 2 / -9

Mrs Fannie Farnsworth and her Husband Clarance, they are very well informed on Hate In The Middle East

7. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +253 / 3 / -4

just making stuff up again...

maybe you should go back to watching the View

8. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +683 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

The funny thing is that people were saying or strongly hinting at this in the 50s and even a bit in the early 60s, when the Brotherhood was a more viable candidate for popular revolution. It hasn't yet come to pass.

Citations (hard to find internet articles from that time period for some reason):

Peters, D (1953). "Muslim Brotherhood—terrorists or just zealots".

Kirk, George Eden (1961). Contemporary Arab Politics: a concise history.

Khomeini thought in 1979 that Muslims would flock to his Islamist banner, especially when they invaded Iraq in 1982, but that didn't pan out either. Despite the alarmist journalism out there, there is little appetite among the majority for an Islamist regime in Egypt, or elsewhere throughout the Middle East.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Iran is a Shia country Sunni's were never going to flock to them. The Islamist will be running Tunisia Egypt and probably Libya. The Arab spring turns into the Islamist winter.

10. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +683 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Of course, I said those were Khomeini's hopes and dreams. The Muslim Brotherhood greatly admired Khomeini's revolution in the early stages, but most Muslims viewed it with morbid curiosity at best. You have to remember that Khomeini's primary message cut across the sectarian divide: the US is the puppet master of the secular Arab regimes, and behind the international conspiracy to denigrate Islam as well as prop up Israel.

I guess we'll just have to see.

11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +367 / 11 / -27

There seems to be an underlying assumption that the US aided Tunisia and Egypt in some fashion during this "revolution".

But that does not make sense, as why would they want to continue to impact the balance in this area??

What should the US have done differently?? While there is plenty of blame and assumption, no one answers that question.

12. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

What really terrifies me is what if Egypt, Syria, and Iraq all joined together under one flag and one party and united to destroy Israel and promote a pan-Arab cause.

Oh that's right.

One part of me says keep your eyes open, don't be fooled that the past will predict the future.

Another part says that certain patterns repeat themselves. Islamic unity/Arab unity are among those patterns -- the call to unite against a common foe, usually the West/"Western morality" as symbolized locally by Israel/"Jews".

It typically founders against the fact that Arab and Muslim individuals are, in fact, individuals -- with their own agendas, ambitions, and real hopes and motivations that have consistently shown themselves to run deeper than any moment's (and any party's) rhetoric. This is especially true given the penchant in the region for ever more grandiose rhetoric.

PFnV

13. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +564 / 8 / -8

By the way, on the way to attempting to corroborate the story, I stumbled over A) about 30 million re-posts of the same story, and B) this:

http://www.arabnewsblog.net/2011/11/27/did-the-muslim-brotherhood-threaten-to-kill-“all-jews”/

Evidently there was the article that's been re-posted extensively in English, and then there was the local Egyptian coverage. I do wish I read Arabic; if anybody here does, I'd love to see what the Egyptian account says. This author says it said nothing about "killing all the Jews."

::Shrug::

It's also interesting that this was a side-rally, and the main rally was dominated by secularists across town.

From what I've seen, those guys aren't fans of Israel by any stretch of the imagination, but are more concerned with Egypt -- being Egyptians and all.

PFnV