PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Murrell, Cohen, Pryor, Deaderick and Love !! (Roster battles on DL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Murrell, Cohen, Pryor, Deaderick and Love !!

In camp yesterday, Prior was playing with the 1's. Anderson barely saw the field.

Not to say one day of camp gives it away, but Anderson wasn't looking to me like someone who will make the roster.

I'm high on Pryor as well. I agree with the guy a few posts up, gotta keep one of the young guys. Warren would probably be the safer choice for this year, but I don't like it.

In camp yesterday, Prior was playing with the 1's. Anderson barely saw the field.

Not to say one day of camp gives it away, but Anderson wasn't looking to me like someone who will make the roster.

With Wright and Haynesworth out, and Brace, Deaderick and Pryor on the PUP, Love was getting a ton of reps. Pryor just came off PUP a few days ago, so I'm really not surprised by it. I would look at it as they're getting Pryor ready for tonight... I'd be surprised if it had anything to do with position on the depth chart.

Maybe I'm off on Pryor, but I don't exactly see him as an undersized rushing DT. Listed as 6-1, 310. Which incidentally is exactly what Love is listed at.

If you think Pryor and Love are the same size you probably think Wilfork is 325. The Pats have always used Pryor (the rare times he's been healthy as a nickel pass rusher). He hasn't held up well against the run a early downs.
They knew this when they drafted him.

2009 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:

person
Myron Pryor, DT, Kentucky
Pryor's experience is paying off in the form of a standout senior season at Kentucky. The defensive tackle played in all of the Wildcats' 11 games as a freshman in 2005, starting two. He started 10 of 12 games played in each of the past two seasons (he was suspended for the 2007 season opener due to a violation of team rules; a minor red flag) and he has now emerged as the anchor in the middle of the defensive line. Pryor led the team in tackles for loss and sacks before going down with a high ankle sprain against Arkansas. He missed ensuing games against Florida and Mississippi. The injury, however, did not come before he rumbled 72 yards for a touchdown with a fumble against Louisville in Week 1. That showcased his sub-5.00 speed in the 40-yard dash, Pryor's biggest asset as a defensive lineman. He is explosive off the ball and his combination of speed and power allows him to be a force against the passing game. Still, he is undersized (6'1 and 300 pounds) for the NFL in this day and age and he needs to improve in stopping the run in order to become a starter at the next level. Pryor has the experience to step in as a serviceable backup right away on Sundays, but probably nothing more, at least not for a while. He should go off the board sometime during Day 2 of the draft.

I couldn't find a scouting report on Love, but in one of the training camp reports this week they had Love starting and Pryor coming in on the nickel.

Are you drunk?

Forgive me if I'm regurgitating an old subject that's been brought up 100's of times before my arrival, here...But it just seems like VERY strange behavior...and I'm absolutely confounded as to why you do it. :confused:

This thread rocks! :D

Love is fat. He has a huge gut. Pryor does not, he looks in shape. Love definitely looks like he weighs more because of the roundness. If love does weigh more, it wouldn't surprise me. If they weigh the same it wouldn't surprise me either. Until I personally see them on a scale, I'll go by listed weights.

Thanks for posting the scouting report, I wasn't aware that pryor had issues with the run. Granted, it's two years old at this point, but it's better than nothing. Can't wait for the game tonight, I'll be adding this to my list of things to watch for.

I do it at times, because it enhances read-ability. The quote doesn't need to be read in its entirety to understand the response, so putting it below the response turns it into a footnote, which is a more user-friendly structure.

I have to say that your concern for this, shown through two posts about it prior to receiving a response, is one of the more idiosyncratic things I've seen on this board. I'm entertained.

Are you dyslexic?? :confused:

Maybe it's just me, but it strikes me as rude ~ to say nothing of backwards and bizarre ~ to put your response AHEAD of the quote you're responding to.

Maybe I'm off on Pryor, but I don't exactly see him as an undersized rushing DT. Listed as 6-1, 310. Which incidentally is exactly what Love is listed at.

Good 3 tech Dt/backup for Mike Wright if we play a 4-3 base

After, Wilfork and Haynesworth all you have is two undersized pass rushing DTs and a tweener (Ellis) and some DEs.

Warren or Love or both will make the team they need another big run stuffer on the bench.

No one is giving Love any love, I say he starts tonight and has a good chance to make the team. They should keep at least one young guy and he appears to be the best of the young DTs.
You are forgetting Brace

You are forgetting Brace

So if you think Brace makes the 53, what does the rest of your line look like, and who are you leaving off it?

Brace on PUP for weeks 1-6 is a common thought, and it makes a lot of sense.

I think we will keep 8-10 Dl this year (counting Cunningham as a DE for this purpose.

We have to carry extra DL bodies if it means carrying 1 less WR, RB, ST player so be it. I really think we just play for the year I like how this team looks. 4yr Brady Window is left. I love how we look on paper I hope we can stay healthy all year:) I really feel this team. before FA hit I thought we would do well. Right now I feel we are destined to be in another Super Bowl! I want more BLING!

BB is planning for the future. He keeps 10 DL this year, and when the rest of the league tries to copy the genious next year some high quality OLB will be out there for the taking. :D

Let's all start putting the quotes at the bottom. I just want to see what happens.

I do it at times, because it enhances read-ability. The quote doesn't need to be read in its entirety to understand the response, so putting it below the response turns it into a footnote, which is a more user-friendly structure.

I have to say that your concern for this, shown through two posts about it prior to receiving a response, is one of the more idiosyncratic things I've seen on this board. I'm entertained.

Or you can have the best of both
Let's all start putting the quotes at the bottom. I just want to see what happens.
and put the quotes in the middle!

No! I won't do it!. It's un-American! ;)

We'll keep 10 DL including Moore and Cunningham. Brace, Love, Vince, Warren, Haynesworth, Ellis, Anderson, Wright.

I'm confused as to why you assume that there will only be 7 DL, given the number invited to camp, when even BB thought it obvious enough to admit that "the linebacker/defensive line numbers will probably shift a little bit from what they've been in past years."

Maybe this was just destined to be a confusing thread. :confused:

I think we'll carry about 9-10 defensive backs. That leaves 15-16 spots for defensive linemen and linebackers. It's quite possible we go with 8 DL and only 7 LBs this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes