Welcome to PatsFans.com

Murphy's Pub in Va

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Va_Pats_Fan, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Has anyone attended the games there? I live in Charlottesville and would appreciate any info...what time to arrive, is it crowded, can you get there (within reason) by the metro (where to park if not)....hows the food?

Thanks!!!!

2. PYPER

PYPER Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I love Charlottsville. It's on my short list of places I'd most like to live. How do you like it?

If you're telling me there's a strong Patriots fan base down there, I just might have to move Charlottsville to the very top of the list.

3. Clonamery

Clonamery PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -1

Ask Murphys95.

4. stoirtaP

stoirtaP Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i used to live in DC and the year i was there went to Murphy's every sunday...remember having to get there very early to get a table. THings may have changed since then but if it's still like it was 6-7 years ago, you'll have a blast! Not sure about metro but you can easily drive and park on the street...i think on weekends they shut the meters off

5. Va_Pats_Fan

Va_Pats_Fan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +63 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I love it here...about 3 hours from the beach, 1/2 hour from blueridge mts and 2 from DC. University town, so lots of nightlife/clubs. Great restaurants, good place to raise family, schools good...

housing prices are a bit steep...

I don't think there is a huge fan base here, went to a bar to watch the Pats/Denver playoff, we outnumbered the broncs fans but not by much, and the bar was far from full ( It cleared out pretty much when the Skins lost the early game...)

6. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

WEnt to the one in Virginia Beach, and it was great...

7. Murphys95

Murphys95 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've been watching the games there since '95. It's a great crowd! Expect a packed house, especially on opening day. It's always best to arrive early. Street parking is free on Sundays but can be hit or miss. There are a number of good places to park within two blocks of the pub.

Games are televised upstairs; every television is tuned to the Patriots including the projection screen. The food is good, not great - hey, it's a bar! Send an email to fans@murphyspatriots.com - I'll get you a ton more info.

Hope you can make it!

8. p8ryts

p8ryts Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Murphy's has great lamb stew.

I quit going there because it was a little rowdy for a mixed crowd. Its definitely crowded but you are certainly among Pats fans.
    Site lines are shaky.
    Get there early for several reasons.