Welcome to PatsFans.com

Murdoch's Right Wing Propaganda Machine Endangered

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatsFanInVa, Jul 16, 2011.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +460 / 6 / -9

We've read the headline... we all know what's next.

At present, there are reports that Murdoch operations were bribing American cops to try to phone-hack 9/11 victims. That's all we've heard, and it's from another gossipy tab in Britain.

Howsomever, there are now calls in Congress for investigation of the Murdoch machine in the U.S.; AG Eric Holder has also expressed interest in just how far Murdoch's antics went in the U.S.

Yet very little here on this board about it. I thought I'd give our righties some time to think through the implications out loud.

Let's do what the righties usually do... if he did hack the phones of 9/11 victims her to try to manufacture news, shouldn't that redound on his "news" operations in the U.S.? What's to prevent more of those dirty tricks if it doesn't?

Strategically speaking, regardless of why this, that, and the other thing is okay and look look someone else did something vaguely similar in 1994 or something on the "other side" -- doesn't it seem like Murdoch is poised to tumble several pegs down?

I'll open it up to those most at-risk, consumers of the Murdoch propaganda enterprise.

What say you?

PFnV
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +290 / 10 / -26

Right now have to give him benefit of the doubt as this seems to be speculative.. and folks are just connecting dots, that may or may not be real.

If it is found to be true, it will be a major blow for him and his companies...

Be interesting if Issa picks this up, or just lets it play out.

But there are those who will say that this is not important, because the "main stream media" is not covering "Fast and Furious" on their front pages daily.. even though it is a back page story on most right wing sites as well..
  3. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

What will this mean to leaders that are close to News Corp, like Cameron and......

Obama?

Report: Obama top recipient of News Corp. donations - The Hill's Hillicon Valley
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

The level of corruption on the part of the Fox organization is amazing: tapping the phones of private citizens, possibly even victims of 9/11, cozying up to conservative politicians in Britain in partisan ways, a mysterious death of a whistleblower, bribing police. It's really unbelievable. That Murdoch pleads ingorance simply fits the MO of a dishonest and partisan media mogul. I doubt he was ignorant of anything, and I think it's just a matter of time before the truth comes out.

Remember when the righties were calling for that guy who hacked Sarah Palin's email to get the maximum sentence? Notice how quiet they are being now. Their hypocrisy is exposed once again.

As far as Obama being a recipient of news corp money, I'm not surprised. In the field of journalism there are far more liberals than conservatives. I know several liberals who work for the Boston Herald, but they are professionals first and do not put their politics in the way of the stories they are writing.
  5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +567 / 2 / -9

I like his wife, she went after that guy who tried to attack him with her claws out, good for her.
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +345 / 3 / -13

OUCH!!:eek:

Since I'm not a "Rightie", I can't speak for them. But I will say whether one is left or right, people don't "Align" themselves with news corporations. I don't track which news organizations get in trouble and which ones don't.

From what I've seen over the past 10-20 years is both "sides" news breaking all the old rules. Society seems to accept more and more unacceptable behavior among our representatives and the general public. We used to punish much of the behavior we easily accept today.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +345 / 3 / -13

BIG FYI Patters....

Fox News USA hasn't been accused of anything yet.

So your statement, "The level of corruption on the part of the Fox organization is amazing" is just plain false. There is no such thing as "guilty by association". You should know better.

But then again, you're the guy who posted side by side pics of G W Bush and an Ape....:rolleyes:
  8. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Thank goodness nobody in media is cozy with the Obama admin. :rolleyes:

No, I didn't care.
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

Not defending the group in News Corp who hacked peoples accounts. Going out of business is part of a deserved punishment. Can't say this applies to any other properties that are owned by News Corp.

That said, how is what was done here any worse/different that what wikileaks does?
  10. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +40 / 0 / -0

I'm not sure if I am a "righty" or not, but I guess I am more right then left especially fiscally. That being said, I haven't watched FOX News in probably a decade. I really don't even watch the FOX network except when the wife wants to watch American Idol. So I guess the answer is that it doesn't effect me much.
  11. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +345 / 3 / -13

I think we all know wikileaks is as bad as any organization there is PF13. Murdoch's group isn't quite that bad.
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +223 / 6 / -7

Wikileaks is a very different sort of organization. I see Wikileaks and LulzSec as sort of left wing libertarians (i.e., anarchistic), sort of like James O'Keefe, Orly Taitz, Breitbart, etc. who challenge the status quo with sometimes questionable tactics. In all cases, I mostly respect their tactics, even though I may disagree with some of their goals. While I'm pretty much a mainstream liberal, I do believe there is a power elite that is sometimes so cozy with the media and with each other that there is no proper checks and balances. Fox is clearly part of the power elite--it is a for profit organization with mainstream corporate goals that cozies up to those entities they perceive as in their corporate interest.
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

So it depends on who is stealing and bugging?
  14. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

The only similarities between Wikileaks and News is that Julian Assange and Rupert Murdoch are Australians.

I don't recall Wikileaks bribing politicians, police or hacking into individuals phones or computers. Assange has also been arrested multiple times.
  15. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +208 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Right, they just hack the computers of governments and corporations. Nothing to see here. Move along.
  16. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Where did I say that there is "nothing to see here?" If you can't see the difference between a computer hacker and a worldwide, for profit, Corporation bribing politicians and police in pursuit of the all mighty dollar I don't know what to tell you.

Assange has been arrested and brought up on many charges over the years. I doubt James or Rupert will come close to being arrested.

One other thing: When did Assange own a newspaper, TV network, movie studio, etc?
  17. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +210 / 3 / -4

did wikileaks do any hacking?
  18. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

Wikileaks didn't as all information was submitted to the site. Assange was a big-time hacker before that.
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +163 / 7 / -13

How do they get their info? Classified info, going back in Time we have the NYTimes getting the Pentagon Papers.

The Outrage at Murdoch is due to his politics not what was done.
  20. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

From some guy in the United States Army.

Read more: WikiLeaks Case: Pvt. Bradley Mannings's Alleged Role in Leaking Classified Military Reports on Afghanistan War - ABC News