Welcome to PatsFans.com

Mueller's notes: WH attempts to take advantage of sick Ashcroft

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Aug 16, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

when people are done rejoicing about Padilla's conviction, Jenna Bush marrying a Rove intern, or claims of reverse racism, perhaps we can get back to the real issues of daily White House corruption ...

hopefully this is ok with Patriot, and not dismissed as "lefty hate speech"... i mean, it's right there in the man's notes... but then, that's what they do...

let the spin begin...

Mueller’s Notes Detail White House’s Craven Attempts To Take Advantage Of Sick Ashcroft

In a July hearing before the House Judiciary Committee, FBI Director Robert Mueller revealed that he took notes of the infamous White House visit to Attorney General John Ashcroft’s hospital room because the events were so “out of the ordinary.”

Chairman John Conyers wrote to Mueller after the hearing to request access to his notes. Today, Conyers’ office put out a statement explaining that the Judiciary Committee has taken a look at Mueller’s notes, which were “heavily-redacted.” Yet, even from the amount the Committee was able to read, Conyers reported that it is clear there was a craven effort to take advantage of “a sick and heavily-medicated Ashcroft“:

Director Mueller’s notes and recollections concerning the White House visit to the Attorney General’s hospital bed confirm an attempt to goad a sick and heavily medicated Ashcroft to approve the warrantless surveillance program,” said Conyers. “Particularly disconcerting is the new revelation that the White House sought Mr. Ashcroft’s authorization for the surveillance program, yet refused to let him seek the advice he needed on the program.

“Unfortunately, this heavily redacted document raises far more questions than it answers. We intend to fully investigate this incident and the underlying subject matter that evoked such widespread distress within the Department and the FBI. We will be seeking an unredacted copy of Director Mueller’s notes covering meetings before and after the hospital visit and expect to receive information from several of the individuals mentioned in the document.”​

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +672 / 2 / -9

I never knew Ashcroft was sick, I hope he's OK now.
    :bricks:

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +377 / 11 / -28

The Democrats did it.. must of missed that one, must have been a clamming day..

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

typical lunatic "levity" from you... we're well aware of your lack of awareness on matters like this...

5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

6. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

translation: "i have nothing to really say ... and i've yet to refute a single report PC has presented from ThinkProgress... however, i'll do my damnest to be immature, and deflect from the topic at hand..."

7. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

ACTUAL TRANSLATION: you are a fraud, and everyone here knows it, except YOU.

Heres one POS post from TP I debunked. This is NOT NEWS, IT'S AN OPINION, the sooner you realize it the more credible you will look.

Want some more bigfoot links? I got plenty......... Bwaaaaaaaaaa

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +377 / 11 / -28

9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

Lets summarize. Gonzo goes to see Ashcroft about Intel program, Ashcroft defers to Asst AG due to his medical condition, apparently Gonzo accepts this.

And this is a scandal WHY? cause Gonzo went to see persoanlly how Ashcroft was doing?

Pretty pathetic attempt by crazy Conyers to create a scandal, if this is the best he can do.....

BFD

10. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Thanks for using a REAL news source (so we can chat). Certainly sounds f*-ed up don't it? This Administration is secretive as f*ck and it gets annoying from time to time.

FOR THE RECORD: I'm for warrantless wiretapping. Next time I call Pakistan, the goverment is FREE to record and distribute that call freely.

11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

dear moron... how many times are you going to insist an assertion made by your opponent that in fact doesn't exist? for the 10th time, i never said ThinkProgress was news... i said it was a news monitor .... take your head out of your sphincter and bring some integrity to the table, and perhaps try to stop displaying a position of your opponent that simply isn't the case.. ...

further, you didn't "debunk" sh!t... in fact, you admitted you said "i didn't say it was wrong!" LOL...

refer to the thread in question shortly...

12. Patriot_in_NY

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

dear moron............ now that is not very nice, MR. PressCoverage. :rolleyes:

Think Progress is an OPINION BLOG, so it offer opinions. Only you are the D-bag that presents the site as REAL news.

Aghhhhhh, this is boring. Pretend your right all you want, Just use real news to present real news, and when you use TP or any other OPINION site to present an OPINION, just say so.

Then all this silly sh!t, jagoff "my penis is bigger then your penis" is all over. Is that so hard to comprehend?

13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'll present what i like, from where i like, how i like... and i'll leave it up to the forum to decide its credibility... you won't be deciding for them...

but you keep on focusing on attacking the messenger, and ignore the message... it's precisely where we expect you...