FreeTedWilliams

RIP NEM
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
From KFFL:
Dodgers | Mueller's career could be over
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 05:11:34 -0700

Ken Gurnick, of LosAngeles.Dodgers.MLB.com, reports Los Angeles Dodgers 3B Bill Mueller (knee) has had all known procedures to repair his right knee ruled out. Mueller will continue to rehab his knee in hopes of a miracle recovery in 2007 or a yet-to-be-discovered solution but it appears as if his career could be over.

This is to bad, the guy was a complete Pro and a very steady guy when he was here. It does go to show that Theo knew what he was doing when he didn't re-sign him.

billy ball game was the best. a total class act and a excellent teammate who always deflected credit to his teammates first.he was a huge reason why the redsox finnally won in 04.i remeber in 03 in texas when he hit two grand slams one from each side of the plate and hit another hr and went four for four with 11 rbi .he went on to win the batting crown that year.i had hoped he would come back to fenway with the dodgers and get the standing ovation he deserved.

Lest we forget his walk-off HR against Mariano in the Variteko-Gayrod brawl game!!!!

FreeTedWilliams said:
Lest we forget his walk-off HR against Mariano in the Variteko-Gayrod brawl game!!!!
and the base hit that drove in dave roberts from second base after his famous steal in game four of the alcs.i dont buy game jerseys very often but i do have muellers

It's amazing what he accomplished when he was with us...because he played in much pain then. A class act...good guy....nice to see he made enough money to live comfortably the rest of his life.

I remember interviews where all his teamates referred to him as "the pro" ---says a lot! He always seemed to come through when we needed him to the most! Nice to see Theo was right on---however you will be missed billy:cool:

I bet he would make a great manager someday! In the Joe Torre mold.

FreeTedWilliams said:
I bet he would make a great manager someday! In the Joe Torre mold.

Excellant point--I wish him all the best!

Last edited by a moderator:

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back