Reaction score
Take a look around the AFC today:

Colts: beat the BILLS by 1 friggin point AT HOME
Chargers: gave up a 28-7 lead to the BENGALS
Ravens: down 19 to the TITANS
Jaguars: lost to the TEXANS (again)
Broncos: losing to the RAIDERS
Chiefs: lost to the DOLPHINS

Every playoff contender in the AFC played like crap today against a mediocre-to-poor team. We lost to a team with a winning record (I know, by virtue). I don't know if anybody pays attention to our Jets games but we rarely just have our way with them, this time they came in prepared to win and did just that.

We can't ignore our problems but just remember no team is knocking at all cylinders at this point. We are typically late-bloomers, no need for '2007' talk just yet.

richpats said:
Take a look around the AFC today:

Colts: beat the BILLS by 1 friggin point AT HOME
Chargers: gave up a 28-7 lead to the BENGALS
Ravens: down 19 to the TITANS
Jaguars: lost to the TEXANS (again)
Broncos: losing to the RAIDERS
Chiefs: lost to the DOLPHINS

Every playoff contender in the AFC played like crap today against a mediocre-to-poor team. We lost to a team with a winning record (I know, by virtue). I don't know if anybody pays attention to our Jets games but we rarely just have our way with them, this time they came in prepared to win and did just that.

We can't ignore our problems but just remember no team is knocking at all cylinders at this point. We are typically late-bloomers, no need for '2007' talk just yet.

In the past I would agree with you. Not now, our team just isn't clicking. Don't forget: WE LOST TODAY!!!!!! Colts, Ravens and Chargers all over came their adversity and WON! Denver will probably do the same. We are currently an average team with a weak division and schedule that masks our issues.

Last edited:
rabthepat said:
In the past I would agree with you. Not now, our team just isn't clicking. Don't forget: WE LOST TODAY!!!!!! Colts, Ravens and Chargers all over came their adversity and WON! Denver will probably do the same. We are currently an average team with a weak division and schedule that masks our issues.

One reason we lost is that we played a better team than those other guys. It's one thing to overcome adversity against the Raiders and quite another against the Jets (who are not the laughing stock we all expected them to be preseason).

Thank you!

For the 1 1/2 years I've been on this board, there has been no better market for anti-depressant drugs than the 24 hours after a Patriot loss.

Well, I think after this week we can give up any grand delusions of being an 'elite' team and just settle for being 5th-best in the AFC for now (which is still top 5 in the NFL IMO).

I kind of envy other team's fans - if they were 6-2 and had a bad game against a division foe it would be "just a bad game". Here some would rather not worry about the postseason and focus on '07.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back