Welcome to PatsFans.com

MTA approves turnpike Tool Increase

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Feb 24, 2009.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

RW where are you? When i saw this he first thing i thought of was how much you like the MTA :rolleyes:

MTA approves turnpike toll increase

MTA approves turnpike
    toll increase
    Updated: Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009, 3:38 PM EST
    Published : Tuesday, 24 Feb 2009, 3:38 PM EST

BOSTON (AP) - The Massachusetts Turnpike Authority's board of directors has approved a two-stage hike in tolls that would be repealed if the Legislature approves a proposed gas tax increase.

The board voted 4-1 Tuesday to hike eastern Massachusetts tolls to $1.50 at the Allston-Brighton and Weston booths, and $5.50 at the Boston Harbor tunnel crossings, effective March 29.

The board also voted to raise tolls to $2 at Allston-Brighton and Weston and $7 at the tunnels, effective July 1. Those tolls currently are $1.25 and $3.50.

Both proposed increases would be rolled back if the Legislature approves Gov. Deval Patrick's plan to increase the state's gasoline tax by 19 cents per gallon. The governor proposed the gas tax hike as an alternative to a doubling of tolls initially approved by the Turnpike board in November.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  2. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 15 / -24

#61 Jersey

Another good reason to avoid Logan Airport. This state is insane with tariffs, tolls, surcharges, fees and taxes.

3. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I seem to see an increase in tools everywhere I look these days....

WAKKA WAKKA.

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Good now when I take Storrow Drive I'll be saving $2.00 instead of $1.25.

I can't wait to see what this does to traffic on route 9 on rainy Saturday afternoons.

5. Bigdogx

Bigdogx On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Good this is where the bulk of the tax collections go to is repairing boston and towns around boston while us out west get #@##! You @@!#ers should be paying for it yourselves, i use the mass pike maybe 5 times a year and my tax dollars should not be going to maintain it for you boston yuppies!:disagreement:

I cant drive ten feet here without sinking into a 2' deep pothole, i would have no problem paying increases if it actually meant roads and bridges in the western part of the state being fixed, but what good is it when it all goes to boston or the 20 other towns within a 50 mile radius of boston!

6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

At what point will the citizens band together to begin throwing tea into the harbor? This state gets what it deserves. We could have totally ***** slapped this states corrupt, inept, croniist gubmit in the face, had we passed Question 1 last year. The people will never, ever learn. All these increases are going to pay the wages, and pensions, of every politicians cousin, brother, or friend, who's had a position created for them in one of the million redundant, unproductive, inefficient agencies belonging to the state. In all seriousness, do any of you know people who work for the state, or any of the state's agencies? If you do, then you know how little they do, and how they hire more people, cuz the people that are already there doing nothing, are so unproductive. At some point the working folk will rebel, and I promise you that if that happens, I'll be up front to help lead them.

This toll increase will be watered down by a gas hike. The one thing we know though, is that taxes are going up, and not just a little.

7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +500 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

When i walk into the rmv, watch stateies patrolling etc. I don't think their screwing off. The MTA on the other hand is OUT OF HAND,it should be abolished. The turnpike has been paid for many times over,its just a cash cow, a place to give your son.daughter or brother in law, or friend a cushy job.

I messed up the thread title i hit o instead of l but "tool increase" works also when it comes to the MTA.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  8. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

Oh, WTF flex!?! I never even noticed you typed "tool" instead of "toll" in the title. Well how about a big **** you, to you then pal. [​IMG] To think I actually responded to a thread from a poster who can't even type "toll" properly. :mad: How can anyone in here take you seriously bro? Even though we all knew exactly what you were talking about, and that spelling says nothing about a persons overall intelligence, I still have to give you the universal you know what. [​IMG]

BTW, magenta=sarcasm. :D