Welcome to PatsFans.com

MSNBC's Hardball: "Your Problem is The Greedy Corporation"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 19, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

When I need sensible, non-partisan commentary, I go right to Bill Maher. Yeah...

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

So a Liberal blames big business. Where's the story there ? Do you want me to post when Hannity calls for lower taxes ? That would be about the same thing.

BTW - "Greedy Corporations" create the jobs everyone's wanting.

4. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Maher needs to watch No End in Sight.

Corporations have been killing us for a long time. Most restaurants are chains. How many stores has Walmart put out of business?

5. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Outsourcing for Greater/Bigger profits that makes hundred thousand of workers out of work , does it ring a bell?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008
  6. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

There's a lot of insourcing too. From the people I know, the problem isn't jobs, it's competent, educated people to fill the jobs that are needed.

7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

I'd be curious to see a breakdown on the education level of the un or underemployed. Good jobs are more advanced, technical jobs now. Less Union jobs of building things. Not that you can be stupid to build stuff but you generally need less formal education.

8. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +152 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Does Maher turn his paycheck down from big bad Time Warner corporation? F'n hypocrite.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

It was a very uncomfortable thing for me to watch. They referenced some old O'Reilly thing and said, about black restaurants :

"Quipped Maher, "He thought it was gonna be 'Dinnertime at the Apollo.' He was just gonna have dinner, stay for a little of the dogfighting, and then leave.""

I'm not Mr. Politically Correct, especially when it comes to race, but . . . I was cringing - good thing Liberals said it, I guess that makes it OK.

10. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I hate Maher because he is really funny and really creepy all within the same quote. He's just got this smart mind with such a smarmy, "icky" veneer that turns me off big-time. I didn't see the Hardball show, but that quote is really offensive to me - and I'm white!
    I get a little sickened when I hear crap like that. You're right. "Liberals" get away with that way more often as if they feel they have a license earned from pseudo-synpathy. I doubt black people appreciated that very much.

11. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Because Oreilly is Divisive and Racist ,wich part you didn't understand ?
    Are you racist BelichickFan?

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709210007

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,115 / 3 / -10

Who will uneducated a$s holes like me work for

Maher is a far left wing loon.

:bricks:

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

I"m just saying that I watched it live (God help me I still watch Mathews sometimes) and it was awkward watching it for me. And, yeah, I can just imagine if one of O'Reilly's guests said it.

14. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Yeah , Oreilly is one SOB , divisive and Racist.He is behind multiple controversies , that's his speciality by the way.

15. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +894 / 7 / -3

You really need some help Wes. You seem like a good guy, but when it comes to anything relating to politics you lack any sensibility. O'Rielly's remarks weren't racist. They were racial. He was speaking with a black quest, Juan Williams, when those comments were being made. Williams, again, a black man, voiced his anger that people would call that discussion racist. Again though, what does he know right? He's only black.

Maher is funny, but he's a loser. He's one of those people, like Wes, who only sees things as Dem versus Repub. He "claims" to be a Libertarian which is a crock of sh!t. I'll never forget when he had Stephen A. Smith on via sattelite, and he talked about Jesse Jackson, expecting Smith, who's black, to give some ra-ra comment. Instead, Smith said Jackson needed to go away. That he's a fraud. That he only shows up when there's a camera. Maher was dumbfounded. "What, huh, wha?" Maher is a goon. He's a Rush Limbaugh, or Ann Coulter type. He only sees his side as ever being right.

It is too bad Wistah cuz he is funny. I used to watch his first show, Politically Incorrect, on network TV.

16. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Real world , you are my friend but you are wrong on this one.

Oreilly is racist ,don't be naive and read the whole story on the link i posted.
    He denigrates smartly and softly black people .

Let say i tell you now : " You are really smart for believing Oreilly"

It doesn't mean you are smart , i meant the OPPOSITE , that's how Oreilly proceeds in his speech. He is a SOB racist and divisive.

17. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

That have something to do with what the definition of 'is' is?

You talk about other's inability to remove the blinders and then demonstrate just how blind you actually are regarding O'Reily.

18. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +778 / 17 / -23

#24 Jersey

Indeed. I finally realized that you can't say anything RACIAL or you're called a RACIST. It's silly that most people can't tell the difference but at least I know the ground rules now.

19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,115 / 3 / -10

If you have the audacity and dare to debate anything concerning the Black Community you are considered a Racist by the politically correct "panderers"

If you dare to point out anything negative that a person of color has done, you are a Racist, O'Reilly isn't a Racist, he is a realist, he doesn't "duck" an issue if it concerns a minority like many in the Liberal Media do, that guy that O'Reilly often has on his show "Juan Williams" is a very close friend of O"reilly and another guy that has a lot of respect for O'Reilly is the little "Black Racist" Al Sharpton.

O'Reilly isn't perfect but he's no Racist.

Maher makes all his money saying things the Lefty Loons want to hear.

It may shock some of you Loons to know that Maher & Coulter are very close friends and have even dated (google it).

Maher & Coulter both earn their living the same way, Ann is just a little better at it.

:bricks:

20. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

O'Reilly's not racist. Serisously. There is a difference between saying something racial and something racist too. Racial means discussing topics having to do with race. Racist means that you're being predjudiced and/or intentionally hurtful to someone based on their race. Context is everything people.

I know that we're all liable to jump on someone based on their words if we don't like them, and that's a practice that has to stop. Let's not play word police and say that someone should be censored or that they're sexist/racist/whatever just because we don't like their politics.