Welcome to PatsFans.com

MSNBC (shameful)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

It's not hard to see why this Drooling Obama Ball Washer comes in last in every Cable Poll Taken (every month)

MSNBC reached a new shameful low tonight when Chris Matthews referred to West Point as an "enemy camp." He was trying to convey his surprise that Barack Obama would go to such a place, somewhere, he said, where Paul Wolfowitz would be more comfortable.

Chris, he's commander-in-chief.

UPDATE: Here is the video:
    MSNBC - Kathryn Jean Lopez - The Corner on National Review Online
  2. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I saw that. What a tool. :rolleyes:
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Find it interesting that the right's most influential person, Limbaugh, is dismissed as an entertainer...

But if a commentator from the left says anything, and it becomes something credible... Mathews thought it was a strange venue..

Personally thought it was a stupid venue, if you are trying to develop credibility for killing more of our kids in a stupid dead end war, and fatten the defense contractors wallets.... why don't you just go the the HQ of Haliburton or Xe and give them a blank check. It will save on the cost of body bags..
  4. ljuneau

ljuneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

That statement by Mathews is so ludicrous it's difficult to find words strong enough to convey my disgust.
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Of course you would have that prospective, you probably have the same opinion as Matthews. You feel the same way about our military as he does.

A strange venue............... Yeah. It's so very perplexing that the COMMANDER IN CHIEF of all military forces would chose the most esteemed military school in our nation to announce the most significant military announcement of his presidency. A real head scratcher there. :rolleyes:

No matter how you SPIN IT, and as much as he personally disdains it, OBAMA is the CiC and the hallowed halls of West Point can NEVER be ENEMY TERRITORY. As much as you on the left feel that way, you are NEVER supposed to say it out loud. Matthews slipped a little there.

p.s. Matthews was reporting. He was covering the event as a function of his channel's NEWS programming. He wasn't on his crappy news commentary show.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  6. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Bo was trying to make himself look credible as the CiC, apparently he failed with those of the left fringe.

When talking about sending troops into war The US Military Academy seems like a reasonable venue (even if I disagree with some of his prescription).
  7. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I can't tell who's winning this one. MSNBC on the one side and Haliburton on the other. Sheesh bringing up either word usually is enough to win a debate but I guess I'm leaning to the Haliburton side because Rush's name was thrown is a trump card.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, I wasn't surprised with the speech at West Point. Haven't presidents often used military audiences for venues when announcing military policies or campaigns?
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

If you read what I said and step back from the half truths and hysteria, my suggestion would be to do it at Haliburton, Xe or maybe even on K street that is where the money all goes... need to be realistic.

Just give them the money, skip the body bags it will be a whole lot easier on the families..

My big preference would be to just withdraw, it is a no win situation..
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

Matthews is on a roll. First he trashes white people, and now the military. Is there any wonder why his ratings are so low?
  10. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

We can agree on that......... We won't win with this strategy....... It worked in Iraq because the politics were favorable and it was open-ended. Here, it different. I don't think the politics favor it, and the closed time-line dooms it.

These people think in decades and years. They'll go to ground and wait it out and the when we leave, they'll slide back in. On thing about COIN, it must be convincing that you aim to be there for the long haul....... The people there know we arn't and they have their long-term survival to think about.

The intervening 2 years will just kill good soldiers for no good reason. Pull out now, save them and call it quits......... We'll just have to deal with a few "terrorist" events occurring on a periodic basis. Let's just hope we're all not in the "wrong place at the wrong time", ehhhh?
  11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

You all are Pathetic. Matthews went on the clarify what he meant. He said this (West Point) is where Neo-Cons went to make speeches. That West Point is their home turf.
  12. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

I know you are but what am I............ :rolleyes:

Awesome contribution to the discussion. :singing:

He went on to say that where the NEO-CONS went to RABBLE ROUSE, as in rouse the "rabble" or common dumb-folk in the military. Not exactly real flattering to the military.

Face it, he let the curtain slip a bit. It happens. Justifying it make you look stupid.
  13. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I guess when You PINY have nothing, you have nothing to lose by trying to attack the person correcting a mistake, a comment taken out of context..So typical of you.
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I guess when You PINY have nothing, you have nothing to lose by trying to attack the person correcting a mistake, a comment taken out of context..So typical of you...If he didn't clarify his statement i'm sure you'd throw it up here to correct me.
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I'll tell ya what? The left will give up Chris Matthews if the right will give up Rush Limbaugh.

Works for me just fine.
  16. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +650 / 6 / -18

He did however refer to Cheney as a "troll," which I wholeheartedly endorse.
  17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Yup, all "The War Presidents" do, Beautiful Barack now has his own little war, I wonder where all the Anti War People have gone....:confused:
  18. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Has anyone checked the FEMA death camps? :confused2:
  19. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

Chris Matthews ivory tower no longer comes with any real world views.......
  20. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Matthews adoring fawning gushing fixation with Obama has driven him over the edge, he has turned into a full fledged Raving Spitting Mental Case, I would suggest to his wife that she try to sleep with one eye open especially if he starts drooling.