Welcome to PatsFans.com

MSNBC: Giuliani says he supports escalation

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Waiting for a link about this, but they just flashed accross the screen that Giuliani has come out in support of Bush's troop increase.

I'm disappointed with America's Mayor. He's supposed to be the moderate choice of a radical party yet he ends up saying anything to win over the base. AKA the McCain strategy.

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

had me and you lost me, Rudi.... g'night...

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Rudi was a nice enough guy, but the truth of his popularity is that he was Mayor of NYC when the WTC was attacked. He did nothing more than what many other US mayors would have done. His fame is entirely based on the aftermath of 9/11. He never had a shot at the presidency. This will be his coup de gras.

4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

actually, he's near completely cleaned up the crime that was plaguing NYC for decades... it's a much safer city now... however, some would say his tactics towards that goal were... shady at best...

5. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

This was his only chance at the nomination. Some of his views maybe too liberal for his party, but going against Bush's War may have worked out for him. Now, he will battle McCain on other issues. One thing is for sure, come election time, if any candidate is pro war, they are not getting my vote, and I would believe this will be the central issue.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

How Come You Go To Bed So Early?

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 7 / -2

Probably cuz mommy tells him to. :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist! :D

8. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

there is just no way the Iraq War will become MORE peopular by 2008. Even if, God forbid, there is another attack on us, the people, and rightly so, will not see Iraq as the place to attack harder. It will only put more focus on the fact we should have fought terror where it was. Iran, Syria, Saudi Arabia etc etc

the point is, 2008 is a Democratic year. The question will be who will get the Nomination. Obama has been treated like a rock star yet his poll numbers are only at 20% Will he become MORE popular??

Hilary's strongest challenge just may come from John Edwards. Edwards was not a good VP candidate. But as a Presidential candidate he is very effective and apparently he is doing great in Iowa.

Edwards-Richardson seems like a fine ticket to me.

But if Bill and Hilary travel together all over this country, with the contrast of what its like now compared to 2000, how do they not win either?

9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 7 / -2

It's to early to predict 2008. My guess is at least one nominee, maybe even both, with be someone you're not thinking about right now. Of the people that are mentioned, the top 6, all either have a very high unfavorability rate, or are considered too green for the job. This tells me that someone a bit more out of the mainstream of politics could do well. If histroy serves us well, it will be a governor of sorts. Look for Bill Richardson as a dark horse, or that Repub governor from Indiana, Baye or something. Someone along those lines could do well, since they'd be relatively new faces, governors, and wouldn't have such negative sentiment right from the start, like the top 6 do.