PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MSNBC: American Idols of Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it was quite a nice article until I got to the last page. . .

TOM BRADY: A small bit of luster is off his image these days since he is no longer the quarterback of the defending Super Bowl champions. But the New England Patriots’ quarterback already has three rings at age 28. No other QB in the game can say that.
051211_brady_vmed_2p.small.jpg

Brady’s unflappable personality meshes perfectly with Bill Belichick’s calculated and highly efficient way of doing things. Yet Brady is more than just the product of a system. He has a deceptively strong arm. He is accurate to any area of the field. His poise reminds many of Joe Montana. He has the kind of leadership qualities that will someday land him in the Hall of Fame. He also happens to be a good guy, yet he’s also willing to brawl if challenged. If the quarterback is the star of the team, Brady is the star of all NFL quarterbacks.

Everybody's All-American.​

Last edited:
I'll give a maybe to Pete Carroll because he's a nice guy... but Pedro? Pedro's a whiner and not much of a competitor. Peyton Manning? Same thing. Honorable mention has Charlie, I like that. But Michelle Wie? She's not even as good as some of the female golfers her own age, the media just blows her up to be a superstar.

primetime said:
I'll give a maybe to Pete Carroll because he's a nice guy... but Pedro? Pedro's a whiner and not much of a competitor. Peyton Manning? Same thing. Honorable mention has Charlie, I like that. But Michelle Wie? She's not even as good as some of the female golfers her own age, the media just blows her up to be a superstar.

Pedro is a JA... I thought that even when he was with the Sox. I can't believe he made that list.

I don't see how Derek Jeter didn't make the list, only honorable mention. He may be a Yankee but he is a class act, ultimate pro, and a hell of a player.

TOM BRADY:
A small bit of luster is off his image these days since he is no longer the quarterback of the defending Super Bowl champions.
Huh? If he doesn't win the Super Bowl every freaking year that somehow diminishes his accomplishments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes