Welcome to PatsFans.com

MSNBC’s Touré: Romney Engaging In The ‘Niggerization’ Of Obama

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Aug 16, 2012.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Oh boy ... here we go ... so much for a legit election on the issues.

MSNBC’s Touré: Romney Engaging In The ‘Niggerization’ Of Obama | Mediaite

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touré
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Have you ever heard this man speak? He is obsessed with race. He's arguably one of the biggest wastes of time on TV. According to this guy, if you're white, and not a liberal, then breathing more or less makes you a racist.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +111 / 7 / -10

The left can't afford to run on the issues the President's approval ratings are in the mid 40's.

They have to deflect.

In this case they are trying to motivate black voters who have suffered more than others for the past 4 years (unemployment rates through the roof).
  4. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

So the word "anger" is now racist if said by Mittens when speaking about the POTUS? What is this guy....an effing mind reader?

Holy crap my head is going to explode -"Does Not Compute"

Listen, Mittens could be the most racist SOB in the country behind closed doors. I don't know the man....but holy hell.

3 months wont come quick enough....at this point I don't care who wins.....just make this stop. Our country is in serious limbo and we got two guys running campaigns like they are running for Silver Lake Class President and the media running behind em feeding the herd just utter crap to keep us divided.

I know on this board apparently white guys don't know what racism is because.... well they're white guys.... nonsense. Human beings with half a brain know what is and isn't racist.....

SMFH

D
  5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

A bit cynical but also heartfelt

White liberals accuse white conservatives of racism. White conservatives accuse white liberals of racism. White liberals tell white conservative they can't know what racism is because they're white. Some how white liberals know what racism is because they are white liberals. Some blacks accuse anyone that criticizes anyone that happens to black is motivated by racism. White liberals concur because somehow they know what racism is but white conservatives cannot comment because they can't know what racism is.

Is that the gist of it? Its kinda hard to keep up with the politically correct rules(I just updated my list of what words I can't ever use but other people can):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  6. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -6

#51 Jersey

What this American went through is racism.

An Open Letter to Toure of MSNBC - YouTube
  7. Hamar

Hamar Rookie

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0

This is incredible! This "code" is so absolutely stupid. The only "code" is a code for idiots to scream racism at any idea they do not like.

Some posters on this board live by this code and do not realize that they are the ones spreading hate by finding hate in everything they read or hear.
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Why is this thread dying so soon?

That was pretty moving. So many points I agree with. I think everyone should watch that video and look deep inside at themselves and see if this doesn't hit home

read the comments too. These first bunch are great but then they descend into where's the birth certificate, republicans don't care about poor people, and right back to code words. Also since this girl announced she's conservative she instantly lost all credibility with some of the posters. It like they didn't listen to it at all. Here are a few to get it started

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

I can't comment on this right now I will get banned for life.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +296 / 1 / -9

Blanjero cndis andlontver condensorior lop.
  11. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 1 / -9

Race & racism is discussed WAY too much on this board. And the funny part is that it's discussed wrongly most of the time.

Racism has nothing to do with political affiliation. But that's where we tend to discuss it most of the time. That's not only sad, it's stupid.

only stupid people try to relate racism to partisan political discussions.
  12. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think its a useful discussion on a political discussion board especially when that card is played the way it was by a prime time political analyst on one of the major cable networks. There's plenty of policy stuff to go after Romney and republicans about without faking racism. Did you watch the video of Kira Davis's open letter? I urge you to watch it.
    An Open Letter to Toure of MSNBC - YouTube
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +477 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Racism unfortunately is a part ... however small hopefully of partisan political discussions. It represents small segments of the population but it gains huge swaths of media ... Toure knew when he said it the response he would get. He's not an idiot ... Ivy league guy ... he wanted it discussed and he got it. Whether he wanted it discussed on merit or to take attention away from Romney/Ryan attacks we will never know.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +111 / 7 / -10

one of the major political parties inflames racial tensions to help turnout with their voter base.
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

Toure apologized today on the show. "I didn't have to use that word, and I did." Cut to commercial.

Ta daaaaa.

PFnV
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

The guys is a clown. PERIOD. Someone who thinks their smart, but is genuinely stupid. He fits perfectly on cable news TV.
  17. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

But he didn't apologize for his point which makes it is a difference without much distinction. I think it is backtracking and spin. Please don't dismiss it with a "cut to commercial", nothing to see here type ending. He said what he meant and he meant what he said. "OOPS my bad" doesn't cut it. If he were to really apologized he would have acknowledged why he was wrong in blaming racism on differences in political policies....but he in effect, just dug in. His apology is hollow as far as I'm concerned.

I'm no fan of Romney but this race card crap is more than disturbing to me. It makes me sick.
  18. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +287 / 5 / -8

"Cut to commercial" meant what actually happened: He apologized, then cut to commercial.

As to the "race card," he used the word to talk about what he believed Romney was doing with all the talk of Obama being angry. Now: The "can't run on the record, now he's flailing about with angry attacks" line can be explained without racism, and the defining-Obama-as-other rhetoric can be explained without racism.

However, Toure does see the Romney campaign as seeking to define Obama as "other" and "aberrant." I could easily see other Romney slights coloring Toure's view of things regarding racism (e.g., "more free stuff"), and before that, four years of unprecedented obstruction and calumny that in measurable ways exceeded prior GOP excesses when in opposition.

That said I haven't been particularly impressed either with Toure or with the show "The Cycle." Ezra Klein is very bright, in my eyes, and I don't believe he's on that show -- I do appreciate his segments on Maddow. I like Maddow herself, but she occasionally grabs hold of something and pursues it past the point of relevance or glosses over a point that invalidates her viewpoints in the best cable opinion show tradition. I found the folks on "The Cycle" pretty much just smug people of middling intelligence but strong opinions.

I also like Krystal Ball just for her name, and the fact that judging by her name, her parents obviously wanted her to be a stripper, yet she rose to make frequent appearances as a political pundit instead. You have to give her props.

PFnV
  19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

gotcha on the "cut to commercial". I just happen to believe he used the word very irresponsibly but on purpose nonetheless. If he's sorry it's because that even liberals have called him out on its use. This is politics though and I think Romney campaign would define Clinton had she won as "other and aberrant" if he were running against her.

The Republican Party naturally opposes a Democratic incumbent but when you add in the fact that he is black then white racists will climb aboard. I think it's important that we acknowledge the difference between party ideology and racist ideology.

Ezra Klein and Krystal Ball I'm not familiar with(is that telling?) because I don't watch a lot of cable news. I guess I have to give them a look-see.
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +111 / 7 / -10

isn't Ezra Klein the Journolist guy?

Yeah he has a group of leftist 'journalist' ~400, who discussed how to spin the news for the dems.....