Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ms Warren and Racism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Aug 11, 2012.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Well one of you links didn't work. Most of my comments on the years old thread were direted at the treatment of non white conservatives by the MSM. It appears looking at the thread that is a response by a poster refuting the Rubio charge brought up by Patters refrencing a WaPo smear.

Why would I care now about an issue that was disposed of a year ago you are trying to resurrect?

I have this image of you at the leyboard frantically searching for gotcah post to play games with the image is of the woman manically riding her bike after she takes Toto from Dorothy.
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

My image of our friends from Virginia is:

[​IMG]

The only thing that changes is which one is in bed and which one is on the computer. :rocker: :rocker:
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  3. 1960Pats

1960Pats Rookie

Ratings:
    +115 / 8 / -26

#75 Jersey

I applaud you and p13 for your effort, and feel strongly that open and frank discussions is the only solution to these kind of social issues. My biggest complaint is that even when people like her are exposed, the stigma or damage disappears quickly, just as it did for the Colorado professor that was caught in the exact same lie a few years ago.

Meanwhile, a college football coach gets caught lying on his resume' and the whole media world comes crushing down on the guy and he has to lose a job that he dreamed of having.

But then, there's the screw up by NBC when they ran the video of a chimp doing gymnastics? That uproar went away pretty fast. If Fox made that mistake the drumbeat would still be echoing in our ears.

As for the current topic, nobody but an Indian has a right to be offended by that obvious attempt at a play on words, and even then it shouldn't be a big deal. And from what I read here previously it wasn't. It seems the Indians have a problem with those who don't see the severity of what Warren did.
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

ROFLMAO

Neither of you wants to know how we imagine either of you.

Nor would I get ad-hom enough to tell you.

Obviously neither of you have any problems in that area.
  5. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You imagine them as separate people?
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +383 / 3 / -15

Hey, I never thought of that! What a remarkably insightful theory.....

Mr & MrPFiVA are one in the same person!:eek:
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

A couple more emails with a comments from Twila:

My response:

Twila's response:

8. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +671 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNNNN!
  9. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +650 / 6 / -18

I imagine WP as an older dude to gets his jollies by acting like he's 15 years old on a messageboard. But whatever, to each their own.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +666 / 2 / -9

I read somewhere that Warren in her younger days sold blankets, I really don't know if thats true or not, I believe she is getting to the point that people don't even want to bother talking about her any more, Scott will beat her because he has a lot of Democrat in him, Warren comes across as a first class "Loon" she looks like a "loon"
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Really, you told her that? Really?

Who here has changed their mind about Elizabeth Warren?

Please link me back to their post because I must have missed it.
  12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

I've gotten some pm's.
  13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Cool....if anyone who is reading this sent one of them, would they please contact me by PM also or even take the time to explain their change of heart/position here?

This has turned into a confusing issue and I'd appreciate hearing from someone who found something in the email exchange between 13 and Twila which made them rethink their position on Elizabeth Warren.

Thanks.
  14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

It isn't confusing at all. Warren's lies are the issues not people satirizing her lies to make a point.

As I pointed out posters decided to change their language after reading Twila's comments, they were glad she recognized there was no intent to denigrate American Indians in their remarks.

I don't have any indications that the libs who are now throwing these Cherokee under the bus because of party loyalty have changed their position at all, although they have exposed the emptiness of their feigned concern for language allegedly directed towards Indians to deflect from Warren;s lies and exploitation of the Cherokee people.
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

That's the confusing part, 13. The people complaining were not complaining about the way Liz Warren was being talked about - they were complaining about the ethnically insensitive language being used to do so. The complaint would have been the same regardless of who was being talked about.

No one was defending Liz Warren in the initial complaints - what they were doing was reacting to the biased and degrading termanology being used.

The thread in question seemed to have been started apropos of nothing. There was no link, no article, no recent speech by Ms Warren - nothing. Just a photoshopped picture and a bunch of racist sounding language - parodizing/satirizing nothing that I am aware of.

What hyperbole. No one's "throwing these Cherokees under a bus." Not changing a political position is not "throwing people under the bus." It's certainly not personal and it's not surely directed at anyone.

I've heard people support Joe Walsh in here. Does that mean they are throwing children whose father's don't support them under the bus? Are they exploiting and denigrating those same children because of Tea Party loyalty?
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

This issue has been framed a hundred different ways and he still does not understand it, perhaps it is due to something organic or perhaps there is no effort to try to understand it.. but it is turning into a classic:

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

It is so simple it speaks to comprehension issues.. for some reason it is ok for allow sexist, misogynist and racist comments, because Ms. Warren made a mistake about her heritage.
  17. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've changed my mind about Warren over the past few months, Mrs.

I used to think what she did was a little sleazy, Mrs., but my position has evolved. I no longer consider it a "little sleazy," Mrs. I now recognize it for the reprehensible, deliberate, disgusting and insulting thing witch it is.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +666 / 2 / -9

I rethought my position, Warren is worse than I thought she was.
  19. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

Funny you have been told that your position on Warren was insulting to the Cherokee and your can't let go of your rejected claims.

More over you cowardly refuse to condemn Warren since you 'can't vote for her' as if that ever stopped you from going after pubs who you 'can't vote for'

You empty protestations about bias and prejudice have been exposed by your words and actions in this matter.

Perhaps some of the Cherokee will rethink there support of dems seeing the disgraceful behavior of dems on these threads towards their concerns.
  20. JackBauer

JackBauer On the Roster

Ratings:
    +650 / 6 / -18

People who never supported Warren in the first place ... still don't support her.

My, really compelling stuff, PF13.