Welcome to PatsFans.com

Ms Warren and Racism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Aug 11, 2012.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,115 / 16 / -9

And once again, 13 and hand-picked anti-Warren person, someone please send me a link to any documented story saying she was using the family lore, and I'll say "Yeah that's wrong, she should apologize."

Just as I know that 13 should apologize for promoting stereotyping in Patrodamous' post.

This notion that we would never hear any demeaning/stereotyping language regarding Native Americans - or Indians, if we prefer - absent Warren's candidacy/claim of NA ancestry seems absurd on the face of it. We would not have this specific flare-up, of course. We would have some other flare-up at some other time.

Twila made it clear she thought the name-calling "Pokahonky" and "Lieawatha" was denigrating to other, non-Cherokee Native Americans. Yet you allow them to stand and say zilch to anybody about it.

Twila also said she's not comfortable with the other stereotyping in the thread. No response.

Twila does say something you agree with, however: That she thinks none of this would be brought up if everybody just agreed w/her about Liz Warren on this topic.

As I've stated elsewhere, I am glad to do so, when a reasonable combination of factors apply.

As Twila says, Warren has a family story, and Twila has no disproof of it. No problem, so long as it's not in the public sphere.

Twila further asserts in her link and in her e-mail that Warren used that story as a stand-in for proven lineage in connection with Harvard.

I would like to see that this is the case. Do you, or Twila, have a link?

My understanding is that some Harvard person or publication (again, this seems to be an excercise in proof-free, linkless assertion) bragged that Liz Warren had a Native American background.

Do we have forms filled out with such a claim? Do we have Warren testifying about such a claim? Do we have Warren bragging in a public space about this claim? If so, as I've said before, it's a sh1tty thing to do. Bad Liz Warren. She should apologize.

Sorry to Twila that my urge that Warren apologize remains for the moment conditional, since Twila has just complained about, but not demonstrated, said transgressions.

However, since we have documented proof on this board, 13, of your transgressions, we can get your apology out of the way without further research on the subject.

Nu?

PFnV

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +844 / 27 / -33

Sadly the right uses the native americans as a prop for political expediency.. after this is done they will just be collateral damage..

This board is the only board in the world, except for Stormfront, where racism and misogyny are tactics used and allowed, to attack a woman, who they view as having attacked another person. But who in reality only believed what she was told by her parents..

A person who they claim used her heritage as a lever to obtain a position, but cannot present any evidence of such but in reality she did not list herself as a minority when she applied.. a person who they wonder whose position she took, but in reality she was the first person to be appointed to the Robert Braucher Visiting Professorship.

Sad, sad state of affairs.. the same people who whine and cry about how Obama is diverting from the real issues of this campaign, but they choose to divert and try to confuse the issues by their misogyny and racism.

3. Patradomous

Patradomous In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +383 / 67 / -92

#87 Jersey

Really??? ... Reeeaaaallllly???

Do you ever, ever in your wildest dreams ever wonder why nobody really takes the left seriously?

I rest my case.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

Actually according to this group of Cherokees Warren and her supporters (look in the mirror) the ones using American Indians as props and insulting them in the process.

See from their POV YOU are the bigot.

5. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

Another note from Twlia:

6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

So, you don't seem to want to answer me, 13, why is that?

I'll ask you again.

Was Rubio using Cuban political refugees as props and insulting them in the process when he claimed his parents escaped political persecution under Castro, when, in truth, they left far earlier and he blamed his "mistake" on "family lore?"

Advancing the Truth: Marco Rubio's Family Escaped Castro

And were you using Viet Nam vets as props and insulting them in the process when you claimed to be a Viet Nam vet when, in truth, you never left the states?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...0743-alive-day-memories-iraq.html#post1157020

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...er-kings-dog-pony-show-page9.html#post2499780

Should we consider all three of you beyond redemption or should we just accept that sometimes people, all people, occasionally say things which are exaggerated or part of family lore and there was no intention to deliberately deceive or to profit from their misstatements and there is no disrespect to the groups which they identified with and "borrowed" temporary identity from?

What do you think, 13?

7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

I think you are deflecting from your insulting behavior towards American Indians. And you and your husband are upset that you posturing has been exposed fro what it is empty partisanship using race as a club to try and stop political speech with false charges.

You are unable to admit when you are wrong, This is sad and put your and others posting history in a different light.

8. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]

9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

ROFLMAO Talk about "deflecting." My husband and I have repeatedly said that we were not speaking of what Ms. Warren may or may not have claimed - we were complaining about the language used.

You are the one insisting this is about her "lying" and the consequences we should all inflict upon her.

I am simply pointing out that she has not done anything that the Republican senator, Marco Rubio, has done or that you, yourself, have done.

I want to know why you think her behavior is so terrible and unforgivable that to even mention her name is insulting to American Indians everywhere but somehow Marco Rubio's behaviour was not an insult to all Cuban poltical refugees and your own behaviour was not insulting to all Viet Nam vets.

Do you consider Marco Rubio and yourself to be somehow exempt from the standards that you set for women and democrats or are you simply incapable of admitting that you and Marco and Liz Warren are all exactly alike and have committed the exact same transgression?

Who is unable to admit what, 13? Talk about sad - you've repeatedly refused to address your own pretense.

10. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

Well the language (as observed by Twlia is directly related to MS Warren your wordplay is not credible and I don't intend to reward the dis-ingeniousness displayed by you and hubby.

11. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I just googled "Cubans against Rubio" and didn't find anything...

12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

If Warren were to get into any type of position that gave her the least bit of Power over the people she could be a very dangerous person, she has "Radical Nut" written all over her face, when she grins she reminds me of the Wolf that was going to eat Little Red Ridinghood.

Where do these screwballs come from--:confused:

13. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Obviously, nor do you intend to admit to doing the exact same thing that Elizabeth Warren did - said you were something you were not. At least she has the excuse of "family lore." I'm not sure what you have other than an inability to accept that people, including yourself, sometimes do or say wrong things - but doing or saying those wrong things does not mean that you, or anyone who likes you, is insulting an entire group of people.

You want Liz to admit she lied (even though she's said, repeatedly, that is was something she's been told since childhood and there are other Native American groups who accept 1/32nd as valid) and you want her to apologize - yet you refuse to admit you are guilty of having done the same thing.

And yet you want me to act like I've done something wrong.

14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

I don't know or care.

Why should i comment on an issue I don't have knowledge or interest in?

I am a Viet NAm ERA vet.

Of course I never claimed to have been in country. I had orders they were cancelled because the base was being closed in 1973. As an E1-E4 during my enlistment I had NO control over where I went or whe I went there.

I think you twist and deflect instead of being honest.

15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

So you are not interested in the truth or in our government being the best possible, you are only interested in Democrat wrong doing?

I certain beg to differ about how it sounded, 13. You clearly stated "As a Viet Nam vet I find your comments condescending. You know nothing about war that I am aware of."

I grew up in the Viet Nam era - I had friends and neighbors and relatives who went to Viet Nam - when someone says, "I am a Viet Nam vet," they mean they were in Viet Nam.

I've never heard anyone say, "I was a Viet Nam Era vet."

To be a "veteran" means to have experience in a particular occupation or field - if you were not in Viet Nam, you do not have that experience and you are not a "Viet Nam vet."

I'm pretty sure you know that, too.

Of course you didn't....but you do have control over how you portray where you went and what you did.

I think you twist and deflect instead of being honest.[/QUOTE]

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +473 / 13 / -14

I don't care if it is your issue start a thread.

What I knowis that no one here would know whether I was or wasn't in Viet Nam unless I told them on this forum. IF I wanted to decieve people it would be easy enough I would just lie about it.

Clearly I didn't lie about it since you knew I wasn't in coutry.

You are really pathetic for trying to make me telling the truth into an attempt to decieve somehow. That is what I know.

BTW are you really this stupid? This is a sincere question.

Of course you didn't....but you do have control over how you portray where you went and what you did.

I think you twist and deflect instead of being honest.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

Clearly, in one post you state you are a Viet Nam vet without qualification.

You say one thing and then you say another thing and who knows which one is true or if a person has actually read both threads or not?

I know what it means when someone says, "I am a Viet Nam vet."

Are you really stupid enough to think that is not a deceptive phrase whenthe person saying it has never been in Viet Nam? This is a sincere question.

18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +789 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Speaking as someone who has read the aforementioned posts, Mrs., it seems to me, Mrs., that it was an honest miscommunication and not a deliberate attempt to deceive, Mrs. If he wanted to deceive the forum, Mrs., it would be a very easy story to maintain.

I know you're perfect, Mrs., with the perfect family, Mrs., and the perfect husband, Mrs., and you've never made a single mistake in your life, Mrs., and you have no qualms sanctimoniously getting up on your soapbox, Mrs., and lecturing us all on right versus wrong, Mrs., but you're way off base here.

As usual, Mrs.

20. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0