PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MrsB 8/2 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bad, bad, MrsB!* Left for camp excited to be meeting up with good buddies Randy “Zip” Pierce,* soon-to-be-bride Tracy,* and of course The Mighty Quinn,* and failed to put in contacts or bring paper and pencil.* Turns out it was a no-hitting practice anyway, so I ended up shooting the breeze and catching up..* Time [...]Post from: Mrs. B's Annual Camp Reports: Patriots Camp Reports

MrsB 8/2 AM

More...

>First unit defense during 7:7 Spikes, Mayo, TBC, McCourty, Bodden, Meriweather & Chung.

Spikes and McCourty in the first unit? No Guyton-Mac-Butler? Whoa. I guess we should not read too much into this; BB is probably shuffling things around.

Right.. just playing with packages. . and Guyton was injured yesterday afternoon so he wasn't there today anyway.

Running backs signed as did His Hoodie-ness Bill Belichick, and Julian Edelman who spent the most time appeasing the crowd.

Gee, hard working player = popular with fans. Who'd've thunk it? :D

When the field was almost clear, Robinson came running out to retrieve Brady’s helmet and pads which were left on the grass.

Maybe Zac should talk to Dez about that sort of thing. . . . ;)

Mr. Kraft took in practice from the sidelines. Brady went over to him after practice, they spoke for a bit and shook hands before 12 headed in.

Brady might hold out! OH NOEZ!!!!!1!!!!!1!!!ONE!!!

:bricks:

;)

Hernandez still "standing out":rocker:

There has been a lot of discussion on Holt, whether he stays,or not. Your comments about him today solidifies my opinion that he will not only but will have a major role to play in the offense. He still has, IMO, a lot left in the tank.

Well I for one will miss Julian Edelman when he's cut

Well I for one will miss Julian Edelman when he's cut

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Shirley he can't be serious.

nielsen-leslie.jpg

Thx for the update... glad to see Holt is getting involved, expecting a lot from him.

Turns out it was a no-hitting practice anyway, so I ended up shooting the breeze and catching up..

Wasn't Sunday a.m. also non-hitting? I was out driving around midday Sunday and the guys on 98.5 were saying it's rare for BB to have a non-contact practice so early in camp, and this is a sign that he must be pleased. If that's true then two days in a row with non-contact sessions must be rare. I'm not a camp veteran (never actually been) so I'm wondering what our in-house experts' take on this is.

Thanks Mrs. B. I went to my first training camp today with the kids. They got autographs from Edelman, Morris and Thomas Clayton; and my son just missed getting an autograph from BB. He signed the next kids over.

Like you said, Hernandez had a couple nice diving catches and Holt caught a nice one when squeezed by two defenders.

Hoyer has an accurate arm and knows the offense well as he was delivering the ball just as the receivers were turning. You could see the difference in Robinson as he was indecisive.

A few observations

Buter got smoked by Welker on the first 1 on 1 play.

Wasnt to impressed with the cornerbacks during 1 on 1 work. Recievers looked like they had a field day while Moss watched for most of the 1on 1 work.

Welker looked good, looked fluid and thought all his cuts without slowing down. He did have a slip on one of the drills, but got right up.

Hernandez stood out made a few nice catches one was catching a ball while falling to the ground about 20 yards down field.

Zac Robinson had a tough practice, wasn't to impressed didn't seem to be on target, nothing special there. Look for him to be one of the first cuts.

Holt surprised me and looked very smooth in his cuts and caght the ball very well.

Robinson has looked really bad. Saw him play on Friday. Awfull. That said, it's early on for the rook and they do need arms out there. But it looks like ZR ain't gonna make the practise squad.

Zac Robinson had a tough practice, wasn't to impressed didn't seem to be on target, nothing special there. Look for him to be one of the first cuts.

Don't expect this to happen unless the team has another QB in mind. They'll want 2 QBs for that last exhibition game, and Brady likely won't be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes