PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/9/06 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
August 9, 2006 (Afternoon Session 5:30-7:30)

Just got in from the final practice of the week and last practice before the Atlanta pre-season game on Friday. Because of the Revs game tonight, we got to park in the West Suite lot which cut out some walking and avoided having to enter via P1 and snake up the hill.

* Guys were in shorts, helmets and shells... dressed for a walkthrough practice pace.

* Once again, scout work took place with players donning pinneys bearing ATL players Abraham, Milloy, Hall, and Hartwell etc.

* During beginning drills, the Special Teamers were catching passes... or shall I say trying to.... Best to stick to the kicking game, boys.

*After that drill, Josh Miller and Gostkowski thrilled 4 lucky fans by tossing footballs into the crowd as souvenirs.

* Brady didn't do much tonight, giving the nod to Cassel for most of the reps. Instead he spent a bit of time having a heart to heart with Mr. Kraft on the sidelines.

* Cassel connected well with Rasby (88), Henry (1), and Kight (2) and looked better this evening than this morning.

* Mr. Kraft signed quite a few autographs near the media shoot much to the delight of the fans.

* Erik Alexander (49), Freddie Roach (48), Hank Poteat (32), and Willie Andrews (38) all had picks tonight.

* Lots of time was spent on punt returns with V. Brown, Poteat, Andrews and Childress taking the reps.

*Practice ended at 7:00 with the Annual Rookie Slip-n-Slide taking place in the far corner of the opposite field. Later, the sopping wet, muddy (and sometimes shoeless) Rookies signed autographs for the fans. Maroney is clearly a fan favorite and always gets a huge ovation.

* Slow News Day Fashion Update: Eric Alexander opted for the Man Capris tonight while Vrabel donned the big, baggy sweat pant look. Of course, Mr. Kraft was out there in his country club white pants... (When you're the owner of the team, you can wear whatever the heck you want!)

See you all on Monday... Mrs. B will be catching up on podcasts, editing and posting pictures on the website, and spending time enjoying her Real Life!

The soundseeing tour for this session will either be part of #80 or #81 if they run too long. www.patriotworld.com

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/9PM

bruschifan1 said:
* Lots of time was spent on punt returns with V. Brown, Poteat, Andrews and Childress taking the reps.

WTF? Vincent Brown has made a comeback and nobody told me about it? :D

huskeralk said:
WTF? Vincent Brown has made a comeback and nobody told me about it? :D

Vernell. :D

Thanks for the report.Glad to hear that Tom was having a heart to heart with Mr.Kraft.Possibly a discussion about our buddy #83??

pats1 said:

Oh sure, just take my hopes and dreams and stomp on them. :D

Karen, do you have any inside info as to when the rookie haircuts will take place?

I'm anxious to see how they handle Maroney's dreads.

No inside scoop... and I'm anxiously awaiting that day.. one of my favorite at camp!! I believe they made some exception for Asante but I'm sure that he must have had to do something major in its place.

Corey Mays has a full head of dreads as well....

Last edited:

Thank you Mrs B. Your reports are for the most part the only threads I've been following in my lurkings here.

bruschifan1 said:
August 9, 2006 (Afternoon Session 5:30-7:30)
* Slow News Day Fashion Update: Eric Alexander opted for the Man Capris tonight while Vrabel donned the big, baggy sweat pant look.

Possibly the most telling bit of information .There is no such thing as Man capris, and this is precisely why Alexander has fallen behind Roach on the depth chart, and why Vrabel is still a man amongst men in our LB corps ( besides Tedi, ofcourse!)

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing