PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/8/06 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
August 8, 2006 (Afternoon Session 2:30-4:30)

Gotta be quick... heading out the door to grab some Mexican for dinner... :)

* Guys were in shorts, shoulder pads and helmets.

* Troy was back on the field which was not surprising.

* Lots of game simulation work again this afternoon... same set up as the morning.

* BB's iTunes were blaring through the place creating lots of noise for the players to overcome. It also served to quicken the pace and give them a sense of urgency... made for some of the more exciting football yet in camp.

* New dude, WR Eddie Berlin was wearing #81.

* Caldwell still looked hot.. as did Watson and #2 Kelvin Kline.

* The offense had it all over the D during Brady's 2 minute hurry-up drill with completions to Troy, Watson (double teamed) and an awesome aerial catch by Caldwell. The final pass bounced off the back of Faulks hands. Brady spiked it with 4 seconds remaining giving them enough time to set up for a FG (which they did not do at that point, rather reset the clock and put Cassel at the helm.)

*Please God... Protect Tom Brady and keep him healthy!!!! Cassel's got those happy feet and hesitation that scares me to death.... That's all I need to say about that!

*Vernell Brown and Chad Scott made some nice defensive plays out there breaking up passes... Scott's even garnered a nice pat on the back from BB.

* Hank Poteat picked off Corey Bramlet.

* Tackle Ryan O'Callahan took a lap.

* Running Backs and Tight Ends signed this afternoon.

* The Hay (grass) on the hill is so burnt that it's getting really slick.. (be careful folks) and my butt kept sliding down... However, I had my laugh of the day when I watched a boy put an empty popcorn bucket on each foot and ski down the hill... Gotta love it!!

* More details in tonight's podcast.. but my stomach is growling and that's all can recall off the top ofmy head.

See you for Session 16 tomorrow AM... Podcast for today will be #78... www. patriotworld.com

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 8/8PM

bruschifan1 said:

* Guys were in shorts, shoulder pads and helmets.

* Troy was back on the field which was not surprising.

* Lots of game simulation work again this afternoon... same set up as the morning.

* BB's iTunes were blaring through the place creating lots of noise for the players to overcome. It also served to quicken the pace and give them a sense of urgency... made for some of the more exciting football yet in camp.

* New dude, WR Eddie Berlin was wearing #81.

* The offense had it all over the D during Brady's 2 minute hurry-up drill with completions to Troy, Watson (double teamed) and an awesome aerial catch by Caldwell. The final pass bounced off the back of Faulks hands. Brady spiked it with 4 seconds remaining giving them enough time to set up for a FG (which they did not do at that point, rather reset the clock and put Cassel at the helm.)

*Please God... Protect Tom Brady and keep him healthy!!!! Cassel's got those happy feet and hesitation that scares me to death.... That's all I need to say about that!

*Vernell Brown and Chad Scott made some nice defensive plays out there breaking up passes... Scott's even garnered a nice pat on the back from BB.

* Hank Poteat picked off Corey Bramlet.

* Tackle Ryan O'Callahan took a lap.

* Running Backs and Tight Ends signed this afternoon.

* The Hay (grass) on the hill is so burnt that it's getting really slick.. (be careful folks) and my butt kept sliding down... However, I had my laugh of the day when I watched a boy put an empty popcorn bucket on each foot and ski down the hill... Gotta love it!!

* More details in tonight's podcast.. but my stomach is growling and that's all can recall off the top ofmy head.

See you for Session 16 tomorrow AM... Podcast for today will be #78... www. patriotworld.com
Kelvin Kight 4 #5 on Pats Roster. :rocker:

Thanks

Last edited:

Just got back from my 250 mile round trip excellent adventure to TC.
Is that you, Mrs B, sittng next to the media god's "tent' just outside the rope separating them for the little people?

Here are some obsevrations of mine.

Rodney really looked fluid in movement this morning in full pads. Didn't practice outdoors in the afternoon session which is what I expected. No Seymour either. No surprise either.

Sullivan looks lazy doing his drills. Looks like he is going through the motions Compare him with Big Vince who does his with purpose.

Who was #2 at WR. Not on the roster given out today but seemed to get reps with the first unit.

TE Thomas is a keeper. Looks like he will paly a role early.

Mills lined up as a true fullback.

Corey looks like he has that burst back. Maroney looks good too.

Couldn't believe how big Vrable looks in person.

Roach is a big guy too and looks like he can move forward though the trash. Hope that he has the other stuff to make it. Could be a real run plugger.

All the Hogs looked very good out there. Our OL looks to be very good and we still are missing Kaczur.

Vernell Brown is a very little guy. Sure hope that he is very, very fast.

Viewing all this through binoculars I noticed that BB looked unhappy with the offense and mentioned it. Sure enough he blew his whistle and said some things. Looked as if one of the words began with the letter F (it wasn't football).

bruschifan1 said:

WHEN will the exploitation of our Latin brothers and sisters end??????

shmessy said:
WHEN will the exploitation of our Latin brothers and sisters end??????

LOL. Didn't you know canabalism is all the rage!

PATSNUTme said:
Just got back from my 250 mile round trip excellent adventure to TC.
Is that you, Mrs B, sittng next to the media god's "tent' just outside the rope separating them for the little people?

Guys.... Please swing over and say hello!! I'm always in the same spot... yes.. right outside the yellow ropes.

bruschifan1 said:

Hahahaha.. .make that Kelvin Kight!!

Mrs. B (thinking The Devil Wears Prada...hehehe)

bruschifan1 said:

And some say that we don't get anything more from these TC reports than we do from regular media stories! :D

bruschifan1 said:
Guys.... Please swing over and say hello!! I'm always in the same spot... yes.. right outside the yellow ropes.

I was going to but it looked as if you might have been talking into a recording device. I didn't want to break in if you were on a roll.:D

So, consider this a HI!

I was there for both sessions in 8/8. I was sitting on the aluminum benches near the giant Pepsi bottle.

I another thread, I picked Vernell Brown as my TC surprise and seeing him live didn't disappoint. He looked very good stopping and turning with the WR.

Brady looked sharp. Cassel needs work on his decison making.

Jeremy Mincey made a nice Freeneyesque spin move in a pass rush from the right side of the defense.

Brady-To-Branch said:
I was there for both sessions in 8/8. I was sitting on the aluminum benches near the giant Pepsi bottle.

I another thread, I picked Vernell Brown as my TC surprise and seeing him live didn't disappoint. He looked very good stopping and turning with the WR.

Brady looked sharp. Cassel needs work on his decison making.

Jeremy Mincey made a nice Freeneyesque spin move in a pass rush from the right side of the defense.

Hey! I was on the top row about mid field for both sessions. Wanted to be there so I could stand on occassion and not block somone elses view. I never noticed the Pepsi bottle. That's how focused I was on the team.

Anyway, Brown did look good. However, as I said in my notes, I couldn't believe how small he is. He may have trouble being overpowered by the big WR's at the line. But he could be a dime back where he doesn't have to handle a guy one on one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back