PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 7/30/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
July 30, 2006 (Afternoon Session 2:30-4:30)

Hey kids... most of this is probably posted elsewhere by now because I'm still playing catch-up but here goes the super mini-version:

Today was HOT (yippee!!) and very, very crowded at camp! We arrived the earliest we have thus far and the bleachers and most of the grass, and VIP area was fully packed by the time we got there. Luckily, there was enough room to squeeze beside Peg in my spot. Jake took off down the hill to take pictures and Big Al settled in beside me for the first time. We had lots of visitors as well: Laureen & Larry, Vincent from Montreal, Cookie, Pires and Erdoboy Ed.

Here are the tidbits for today:

*Players wore full pads under the blaring sun. Tedy Bruschi, Tom Brady were not around and likely had a veteran day off. I didn't see Rache Caldwell or Jarvis Green either. Troy Brown made his first appearance in pads as he's only participated in the second practice of the double sessions thus far.

*With Tom off the field, Cassel assumed the number 1 spot for the afternoon and seemed confident during his running 7:7 drills hitting most everyone most notably TE David Thomas (86), Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk, John Stone (14), Ben Watson,

* The "most intense" award today goes to RB Laurence Maroney and LB Corey Mays who faced off on the blitz pick-up drills... Both kept the intensity going by refusing to quit even when locked together, finally both falling to the ground. Maroney lost his helmet in the process and it looked like punches were going to be thrown when they got up but daps were exchanged instead showing mutual respect. The crowd went wild!

*Corey turned up the heat today plowing through everyone.. up the middle and along the sidelines.. He had his strut going and the fans ate it up...

* Stephen Neal took the first solo lap that I've seen thusfar...

* TBC was beaten badly by Watson... and looked like he was dogging it... :-(

* Guys did sprints at the end of practice. (Ellis Hobbs and James Sanders stayed late to do some extra running on their own.)

* Special Teams and Quarter Backs signed today and a few extra players signed but not many... Don Davis continues to be a post-practice crowd pleaser coming over daily to sign with a smile. Brad Seely was beckoned by the crowd and signed some as well.

I'm running sooooo behind in everything (and tomorrow is another double session... ) so look for Podcast #70 to be up as soon as I can get to it. www.patriotworld.com

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 7/30

Thanks very much from those of us who cant be there(but would love to be!).............

Sweet thanks for the post.

It sounds like Dillon has had himself quite a few days early on at camp. Great to hear. Hopefully he can stay mostly healthy this year.

The Maroney/Mays thing sounded awesome. I love the fact that they turned from p'oed at each other at one second to shaking hands the next. :)

Thanks for the Hobbs/Sanders update, nice to see the work ethic.

I really love hearing about Dillon busting through the middle and Maroney finding gaps for nice gains.
We are going to have a very dangerous running attack.

Now about our run D...

From the latest podcast:

Pires: Why don't you talk them into getting an office to post your podcasts?

Mrs B.: Is it hot out here?

Pires: Uhh..it's cooler than out here..

Mrs B.: No, no, no, is there Wi-Fi out here?

:singing: Funny stuff.

Last edited:

I am certainly pleased about Dillion showing up with some attitude and abilty. It is a wonderfully scary possiblity having Dillion to grind defenses down, switching up with Maroney to run the big ones.

I am certainly hoping for a combined production in the neighborhood of 1900 yards out of our running back corps.

14thDragon said:
I am certainly pleased about Dillion showing up with some attitude and abilty. It is a wonderfully scary possiblity having Dillion to grind defenses down, switching up with Maroney to run the big ones.

I am certainly hoping for a combined production in the neighborhood of 1900 yards out of our running back corps.

D - I - L - L - O - N !!! :)

One more word about Dillon:

NFA!

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
One more word about Dillon:

NFA!

After seeing Dillons Mini-Camp pictures in the papers I was worried, he looked big (despite the reports of him working out big time in the offseason). But after seeing him on Sunday at camp he looked GREAT and I am very excited about the possibilities of him and Maroney with Faulk in the mix this year. Dillon looked quick, healthy and ready to go.... oh yeah and he is NFA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots