PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 7/29/06 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
July 29, 2006 (Evening Session 5:30-7:30)

Sorry for the delay folks... but Mrs. B does have a husband and a real life (believe it or not!) We attended last night's session accompanied by our son Jake and then had plans to go out. So, the update is coming to you on Sunday morning but I'll have today's up right after the afternoon practice. We headed over to our usual spot where Peg was already seated then Mike from the suites surprised us with passes to the VIP section so I could get a chance to say hi to Tedy and possibly take our annual training camp pic (without getting crushed by thousands at the ropes.)

Here's the real quickies as I wasn't able to get a podcast up yesterday and need to before heading out today...

*Guys were in shorts and shoulder pads as they were yesterday for the second session. Troy was back on the field as was Watson again but no sign of Matt Light.

* Right after the stretch, the sky opened up, the wind whipped up and we all got soaked but were treated to a huge double rainbow extending from the stadium to the far endzone of the practice field when it was over. The rain didn't bother the crowd as people started whooping it up... (Bring on the extreme weather!!)

* During drills Troy, Caldwell and Watson were the go-to guys... they were mostly dead on except for a few drops by Watson, drawing oooooohhhhs from the crowd.

* I believe I spotted former Pat Fred Baxter out on the field assisting (I know he and OTIS are in town as Big Al saw them out and about the other night.)

* The best drill of the night was one in which a LB and TE faced off against one another in blitz pickup with Todd Mortensen serving as the QB. There were a few good match-ups and the crowd was pleased to see the action heating up.. By far, the biggest contest involved a trio of duals between Tedy and Heath Evans... On the first one, Tedy blew by Heath in a flash. During the second, Heath got the better of Tedy and he ended up slipping to the ground.. On the way up he swatted the ball in the QB's hand and the crowd responded. Waiting for the next go-round, Tedy was getting fired up while waiting and began calling Heath on for the rubber match... They both lined up, Tedy flattened Heath, then hit the QB too, just for good measure (depite the red jersey!) The crowd went nuts and he began raising his arms calling for more... to which we noisily responded... Running over to the sidelines with Vrabel, he whipped off his helmet laughing like a big kid! Welcome Back to Camp, Tedy... we've missed you!!

* During the passing game Brady hit Caldwell for a TD right down the middle and Watson reinacted the sweet TE screen play that paid off so nicely in Atlanta!

* Asante Samuel was the star of the day as he picked off Cassel during a two minute drill and returned it to the house ...finishing off his TD by "dunking" the ball through the uprights... drawing huge cheers from the crowd.

* Defensive line signed after practice. Ellis Hobbs came over to sign as well, giving his shirt and gloves to kids in the crowd. Don Davis signed again and honestly seems to be one of the most pleasant people... clearly enjoying interacting with the kids... And speaking of DD... talk about an unbelievable physique... he's in impeccable shape.

*Alas... Tedy didn't end up signing at all and left field with a wave to the crowd so The Annual Training Camp Photo (and hug) will have to wait!

(Podcast will be combined with the morning session and will be #69... www.patriotworld.com )

Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 7/29PM

Great report MrsB...May actually make it down there today...with my brother in law..who is a football fan..but?? Not really a Pats fan..but there is hope he loves the game!!!

Thanks a lot Mrs. B. glad your doing this for those who didnt get a chance to go :)

It's pretty cool to see Bruschi is back, and picking up any slack after the departure of Willie and loss (for now) of Harrison. :rocker:

Thanks for the update!

Thanks Mrs. B. and thanks too for the positive spin on the practice. I kinda saw it differently and posted my reactions to the practice on the "rainbows" thread. I was not nearly as upbeat. And I had to laugh at half the crowd running for shelter when the rain hit. Obviously fair weather fans:D . What, were they gonna melt? Made of sugar?

I usually sit at about the 30 toward the close goal post, kinda near the back.
Ive seen some of the writers here sit in the area before. But I didn't see em yesterday....

shirtsleeve said:
And I had to laugh at half the crowd running for shelter when the rain hit. Obviously fair weather fans:D . What, were they gonna melt? Made of sugar?
Sleeve! Mon have you had a sheltered life! Ya gotta be real careful around water, mix soap with that stuff and it's just awful! :nono: I'm sure the fans ducking for cover were remembering bad experiences like that. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

hehehehe... Pats fans say... Bring on the Weather... the nastier the better!! Actually, the only thing that I was worried about was my electronics getting wet.. other than that, woooohooooo is what I say!!

bruschifan1 said:
hehehehe... Pats fans say... Bring on the Weather... the nastier the better!! Actually, the only thing that I was worried about was my electronics getting wet.. other than that, woooohooooo is what I say!!

I will not respond with my typical "ridden hard and put away wet" juvenile type comment. No, I won't.

Box_O_Rocks said:
Sleeve! Mon have you had a sheltered life! Ya gotta be real careful around water, mix soap with that stuff and it's just awful! :nono: I'm sure the fans ducking for cover were remembering bad experiences like that. ;)

Box! Naaahhh, they weren't the soap allergic type. I woulda totally respected that. Hell, those guys are the ones who paint their bellies in January! God bless 'em! No, these were the Beemer driving pansies with wives and families in tow, afraid the water would ruin the leather boat shoes they just got from LL Bean. Makes me wanna hurl....

shirtsleeve said:
Box! Naaahhh, they weren't the soap allergic type. I woulda totally respected that. Hell, those guys are the ones who paint their bellies in January! God bless 'em! No, these were the Beemer driving pansies with wives and families in tow, afraid the water would ruin the leather boat shoes they just got from LL Bean. Makes me wanna hurl....
I dunno, considering the intense ewe-d-toilet water cloud around many such folks they had to be hiding a dishonest aversion to soap and water. As for leather boat shoes, I've got two pair just getting broken in. Okay, they were issued to me in the service and the youngest pair is ready to graduate high school, and they've endured some serious salt water treatment a time or dozen and cause the family to hang their heads whenever I wear them in public, but I'm very fond of slip-on/slip-off footwear and can sympathize with folks who need to turn to LL Bean because they can't afford quality stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes