PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 7/28/06 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
July 28, 2006 (Afternoon Session: 2:30-4:30)

Luckily, the predicted rain held off and we enjoyed our second session on the hill... The crowd seemed to be half the size of the morning so there was more room to spread out. I hooked up with the Patriots Planet crew of Peg, Joephoto, Cookie, Bideau, and Ras (Sean.) Guys were in shorts, shoulder pads, and helmets for the afternoon.

Here are the pm tidbits:

* There were quite a bit of one on one drills going on in various sections of the main field throughout the practice.

* Troy was on the field looking fine but Matt Light was nowhere to be seen. He made some good catches but missed some that he would have made "in his day".

* The receivers earned the honors of running the first penalty lap, lead by Brady.

* New Dude, Keron Henry is wearing #1 but dropped most of what was thrown his way.

* Ty Warren earns the honors of getting into the first scuffle of camp with members of the OLine way in the back corner... (Mrs. B says: Yes... Bring the intensity on!!)

* Rache Caldwell still was a favorite target and after missing a ball that he thought he should have caught, hit the deck on his own to do some push-ups. (Nice attitude!!)

*Vrabel is still a is still a ball buster as always and got under Brady's skin after rushing him and taunting. Brady reciprocated with a shove.

*Dillon made a crowd cheering Catch and Run promptly followed up by one from Maroney.

*TBC clearly would have sacked Brady during the team portion.

* During one miscommunication, Brady missed Troy (and someone else) throwing it between them and was clearly pissed, yelling out a loud swear.

* Tedy is not wearing the elbow brace that he has for a couple of seasons.

* Corey strutted his stuff shirtless after both sessions heading off the field.

* The team ran quite a few sprints at the close of practice and BB called out certain guys and gave a list of where they screwed up (Mankins was one of them called out...) and had to run extra.

* Linebackers signed this afternoon, and Tedy especially, started way in the back and made his way all around staying 1/2 hour (or more) signing. (I was hoping to say hi and ventured down to the ropes.. (gasp!) but as he got closer, everyone crowded in so much I abandoned ship and headed up the hill.) FYI.. DB's signed in the morning for anyone interested.

Chatted a bit with Dan Pires, Buddylove, Promisedland, and Bryan Morey along with my fellow Planeteers.

That's it for now... It's 7:00 pm, I haven't eaten yet and haven't even started editing the sound seeing tour for the podcast yet. The entire day will likely be combined as there was no time to get it done between sessions. Show number will be 68. Check it out at www.patriotworld.com and also look for pictures that will be posted as soon as I can edit them and get them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Mrs. B's Training Camp Report 7/28PM

Good for TBC. We need him to develop...

Thank you, Karen! I have to go lie down now and digest.

Last edited:

As always, your labor of love is greatly appreciated. A beacon of actual football news in a galaxy of mindless drivel that is around us these days.

You mentioned that after a missed grab for Reche Caldwell,he actually dropped down for some pushups.That is awesome this guy seems to understand that he decides whether or not he sees the field and he is doing a great job of showing us the patriots way of work ethic.Glad to hear that he is giving a bit extra.I For one think he at the midseason point will have us all thankful for his offseason signing.

Reche looked good. We must remember this is only the first day of camp. Plus he was head and shoulders above the other wr's, who will all likely get cut or practice squad. Reche has always had talent, his issue has always been staying healthy and playing. You can't produce if you're not on the field.

Thanks Ma B!

Interesting, Cory wanted Tomase to get a good look at his large tummy, how considerate.

Thank god for the beginning of the season, and thank you for such great reports that I look forward to daily.

Always a good read,thanks,Mrs.B!

Hey Karen, thanks for the mention. I just got to somewhere where I have internet access and am catching up with your reports among other things.

I enjoyed meeting you in person and chatting a bit. I also met JoePhoto and enjoyed chatting with him a bit. Nice crowd. It was a beautiful day to watch practice; although it was hot and humid there was a strong consistent breeze which kept us comfortable.

Karen, having watched a practice and then reading your report I can appreciate the job that you do. There is an awful lot going on and a lot of guys so it is not so easy to pick out particular plays or players to make notes on. Of course you're a pro because you have done it so much but still, let's give this gal a round of applause!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes