PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mrs. B's Final 2006 Training Camp Report 08/17/06

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruschifan1

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
August 17, 2006 (FINAL 2006 Camp Session 2:30-4:30)

Just got in from the final 2006 camp session. It's hard to believe that it's over and although I struggled a bit this year with the running around and tight crunch due to the numerous back to backs, TC reports and podcasts, I made it through! (Just 2 podcasts to get up then it's vacation time for me!!)

Here's the final Mrs. B observations and points...

* Practice took place in shorts, shoulder pads, and helmets under partly cloudy skies. It was pretty packed today as many people wanted to take advantage of their last opportunity to see the boys in action.

*My training camp buddy, Mike hooked me up with a ticket to watch the final session in the VIP section with him... and I noticed Mike Reiss sitting in my primo spot...hehehe! (See you next summer, buddy!)

* No sign of Harrison or Wilson tonight nor any of the usual missing dudes.

* Once again, scout work dominated the practice with players wearing Arizona numbers including Wilson (24), Fitzgerald (11), Boldin (81), Johnson (80), Edwards (83). In fact, two of our players each had on 11 and 82.

* Andrews was wearing white again today.. (I did notice yesterday but.. DUH.. it didn't even click with all of the scout stuff and people playing other players going on!)

* Brady, Brown, and Graham did several gassers on their own in the other field during downtimes.

* Kick Returners were Faulk, Maroney, Berlin, Kight, Childress, and Hobbs. Gostkowski was on duty today both for Kickoffs (nice distance) and field goals, nailing every one... delighting all the kids on the hill. (The boys still had their clapping, wooing chant going today :) They also worked a bit on onside kicks.

* Hobbs had a nice pick off of Cassell, which should boost his waivering confidence.

* Kight made a nice End Zone touchdown being covered by Vernell Brown.

* Brady looked better today than last night but not great IMHO, and hit Troy and Cobbs during hurry up but missed some as well.

*Cassell made a Hail Mary attempt and 4 guys ended up tangled on the ground in a heap. Troy emerged from the bottom, no worse for the wear!

* Defensive Line signed today along with Brady, Vrabel, Izzo, TBC, Brown, etc.... I got a chance to talk to Tully a bit and also asked Wilfork how it felt to be the Hero at the end of yesterday's session.. :)

* For the final Fashion Update of Camp... Mrs. B closed it out in her traditional game day Throwback Red... which can continue to be seen at the Razor's Edge Tailgate each week! (Stop by and say hi.. all are welcome!) The infamous Man Capris were modeled this afternoon by Lonie, Sullivan, Cassel, Alexander, and Graham. Finally, BB shocked us all this camp by not breaking out the hoodie... guess it's becoming too mainstream now that it's available in the proshop and everybody's got them...hehehe!)

On a final note, thanks to all of you for your nice comments over the past 3 weeks. It's kept me going even when I sometimes didn't feel like making the trek for so many back to back doubles... Then I would get home some days and post my report and later read others and realize that I really didn't have much to say that hadn't already been said.

So.... Patriot Nation, it just may be time to move on... There was a time when Mrs. B's Annual Training Camp Reports were THE source for the Happenings at Patriots Training Camp. However, that's no longer the case and we lucky Patriots fans are treated to a variety of news sources within a matter of minutes...

I've enjoyed sharing my Pats Passion with you over the years and remain...

Mrs. B.

The sounds of the final camp session will be found on podcast Show #86 (if I can get it posted before leaving for vaca.) www.patriotworld.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks as always, hopefully your off-season program will get you ready for another grueling Training Camp and we won't be left destitute by the retirement of a fan favorite. :rocker:

Thanks for all your work. I enjoyed your work and regret that I didn't stop over and say "hi" to you last week.

The bad news is that this is your last report. The good news is that we are getting closer and closer to the season.

What grade do you teach? My wife has been a 4th/5th grade teacher for many years. She always says that she has to put up with 4th graders at school and a 3rd grader (me), when she comes home.

bruschifan1 said:
So.... Patriot Nation, it just may be time to move on... There was a time when Mrs. B's Annual Training Camp Reports were THE source for the Happenings at Patriots Training Camp. However, that's no longer the case and we lucky Patriots fans are treated to a variety of news sources within a matter of minutes...
Many, many of us STILL think they are THE source. Your insight is invaluable and more than welcome, even in this new sea of blogs.

Thanks for another great training camp Mrs. B!!

Thanks Mrs B ... i always looked foward to your reports. :)

Thank you. Your report is often the first thread I click on. Thanks again for the real inside stuff.

Mrs. B - I have been reading this site for years and only now am I making my first post just to thank you for all your hard work. I have made it to a few training camps but it is such a gift to have you posting for those who can't always be there. And like others have said - you are THE voice of training camp as far as I am concerned.

Thank you.

It's great to have input from an unofficial media source....TC reports are attended to with the meticulousness and care of only a true fan, with none of the agendas and egos that often leads to well-known hackery by many of the more major sports news services in this country. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Thanks Mrs B ! Your reports rock ! Hope to stop by and say hi this year.

Thanks Mrs. B. Seldom comment but always read your much appreciated work.

Thanks Mrs. B! I've looked forward to all your daily threads and enjoyed reading them. Great insightful job, as usual!!

We're going to miss your talented daily threads because they are always an eagerly awaited highlight of the board. Thanks again.

:singing:

Great job on all your reports, Mrs. B.
Your efforts are very much appreciated.

I always check your posts first. I thought you did a great job! Thanks for the info, and all the work was appreciated!

Thanks again Mrs.B,you keep us up to date in Halifax,N.S.!

Thanks for the info and hard work Mrs. B. And you are still THE source with your unbiased reports.

You should also be proud of what you have started, having all the different bloggers following in your footsteps. Have a great vacation.

Many thanks! What a gift to us all!

Many thanks Mrs. B!!!

For what its worth, there may be others who also post reports but yours is ALWAYS the first one I look for. You do an amazing job and are VERY MUCH appreciated.

Here's to you Mrs B.....CHEERS!

Dedicated fans like Mrs.B, who take time away from their schedules to provide insight to those, like me, who cannot attend TC, are what makes the NFL, and the Patriots in particular, so special and successful. You are my eyes and ears, while my flesh and bones reside 400 miles away. And although I have never seen a game at Gillette, your words supply the images to my mind, and I feel less alone. Gratias tibi ago, Mrs.B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye