Mr touchdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

signbabybrady

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Vrable gets another one.....I love watchin that, it never gets old...:D

ok. It's late right now. I'm kind of out of it. I understood after reading it again.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/10/ingame_notes_10.html

TOUCHDOWN FOR MIKE VRABEL
Linebacker Mike Vrabel caught his seventh regular-season touchdown pass and his ninth overall touchdown pass (including two in the playoffs) on a 1-yard scoring catch from Tom Brady in the first quarter that gave the Patriots a 10-0 lead. Each of Vrabel’s nine career receptions have been for touchdowns – including one in Super Bowl XXXVIII and one in Super Bowl XXXIX. The touchdown reception against Cincinnati was Vrabel’s first since Dec. 26, 2005, when he caught two scoring passes against the New York Jets. Like tonight, that game was also played on a Monday night. Including his one career interception return for a touchdown, Vrabel now has totaled eight career regular-season touchdowns – the fourth-highest total in a New England uniform by a current Patriot (trailing only Troy Brown, Kevin Faulk and Benjamin Watson). Vrabel is one of 60 players in Patriots history to score eight or more touchdowns in regular season play.

9 catches 9 touchdowns.

Amazing.

You'd think the opposition would realize... when Vrabel lines up inside the 5... there is a 75% chance the Pats will pass to him. Yet, no one ever stops it.

You'd think the opposition would realize... when Vrabel lines up inside the 5... there is a 75% chance the Pats will pass to him. Yet, no one ever stops it.

Actually, that's not quite correct. A more accurate phrasing would be "Mike Vrabel open in the end zone is a touchdown waiting to happen."

[Even funnier was when they used Vrabel as a decoy and Brady tossed a TD to Tom Ashworth as a tackle eligible. :rofl: ]

Tedy is on (by phone) with Dale and Holley. He just recounted how he and Vrabel were about to discuss a coverage adjustment when Mike told him he had to go do something but he'd be right back. When he returned to finish their discussion a minute later he said sorry, I just had to go score a TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

Tedy is on (by phone) with Dale and Holley. He just recounted how he and Vrabel were about to discuss a coverage adjustment when Mike told him he had to go do something but he'd be right back. When he returned to finish their discussion a minute later he said sorry, I just had to go score a TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker:

Way too funny!!!!!!!!
Thats why I love these guys...they not only kick azz, they have fun doing it...:D

I agree, it never gets old!! Love it when Vrabel gets a TD!!:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye