PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"MR." Tom Brady, please come back to us....please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Gisele TMZ would not follow Tommy Brady around like they do now, I'm sure he did the same things for fun prior to Gisele it's only that he gets a lot more attention for it these days. I go on water slides with my family and I'm not sure how I look coming down, thankfully TMZ is not there to follow me around.

Bingo. I just went down the new water slide at our new Y on Saturday. My kids were standing at the bottom and I screamed for their benefit as I hit the water (a huge splash, no doubt). I am sure the other 10 parents there thought I was a doofus, but I don't care - I was having fun with my kids, and I don't have to worry about cameras.

We're just having a little light-hearted offseason fun (which is shaping up to be a much longer offseason than any of us want). I was more distressed to see Tom in Mexico at the thought that he obviously thinks he doesn't have to report to Foxboro any time soon. Sigh.

tom-brady-kentucky-derby-hat.jpg

Haters gonna hate.

I'm glad there are plenty of folks here all lined up to protect Tom's honor.
I thought the picture was frickin hilarious.
Tape it up next to the goatlover one in Matt Light's locker.
Yes, innocent fun. But how could you not laugh at the comedy in that photo?
See, it's funny because he's this big successful football player with a supermodel wife, but he looks like a wide-eyed six-year old girl on the waterslide.

Tom deserves a private life, but the bottom feeders paparazzi have no morals or ethics, instead make money off of famous folks. Capitalism at its worse.

at least Peytie would have gone down the waterslide with a rubber blow-up cow instead of a real supermodel..probably because Eagle Sty's 600 pound sister would collapse the entire set-up leading to a major Peytie Pout episode.

at least Peytie would have gone down the waterslide with a rubber blow-up cow instead of a real supermodel..probably because Eagle Sty's 600 pound sister would collapse the entire set-up leading to a major Peytie Pout episode.

Nah, he would have gone down the slide with an Oreo and his little brother.

Nah, he would have gone down the slide with an Oreo and his little brother.

No way! Peyton's a MAN'S man! He'd go down that slide with a shotgun, eating a steak and hanging sheet rock around an engine he's rebuilding.

It's still not as bad as that pick of dirty that was taken while he was still at usc, wearing that cut off shirt that looked like it was 2 sizes to small.

That has to be photoshopped. No way that picture is real.

Yup, that photo is real. Was taken of Tom at the Kentucky Derby this year. Reason I know that is because ProJo columnist Billy Reynolds wrote in his Saturday Morning column how the lyrics from the song "You're so vain" match up with the photo so beautifully. Ouch! ;)

I'm glad there are plenty of folks here all lined up to protect Tom's honor.
I thought the picture was frickin hilarious.
Tape it up next to the goatlover one in Matt Light's locker.
Yes, innocent fun. But how could you not laugh at the comedy in that photo?
See, it's funny because he's this big successful football player with a supermodel wife, but he looks like a wide-eyed six-year old girl on the waterslide.

thanks for clearing that up.

I can agree with a fraction of that. If we could turn back the clock 7 seasons ago till our last superbowl title or even not lose three straight playoff games, no one would care a bit about all of the girly man stuff.

However I have to disagree with you that the girly man stuff actually causes the playoff losses. There is zero historical correlation to the degree of athletic success and how macho or masculine a player may appear to be. Hard work and preparation is what determines wins and losses not all that other stuff.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

I don't think being fed grapes on the beach, or square dancing, or posing in boots, or going down water slides leads to losses. But, it does make one wonder if all this outside non-football stuff is helpful. On the one hand, he has to live his life. On the other, seeing him at a broadway play in NY, during the week of prep for the playoff game against the Jets in NE can't be overlooked. At least not by me. When he was winning Super Bowls, he was studying game tape until 2 AM with Charlie Weis. Now he's going to broadway shows in another state, far away from any game prep. Don't hate me for bringing it up. I'm just sayin........

Its a photo.

Someone caught him acting like a little girl and its funny.

People catch Peyton Manning picking his nose live on TV and we all laughed how is this different?

I don't think being fed grapes on the beach, or square dancing, or posing in boots, or going down water slides leads to losses. But, it does make one wonder if all this outside non-football stuff is helpful. On the one hand, he has to live his life. On the other, seeing him at a broadway play in NY, during the week of prep for the playoff game against the Jets in NE can't be overlooked. At least not by me. When he was winning Super Bowls, he was studying game tape until 2 AM with Charlie Weis. Now he's going to broadway shows in another state, far away from any game prep. Don't hate me for bringing it up. I'm just sayin........
NY is a 40 minute flight from Boston. And it wasn't lack of prep that caused them to perform badly in that JETS game. It was prepping for the wrong defense and an inability to adjust to it on the fly. That's a failure on the part of the coaching staff coupled with inexperience and failure to execute in key situations. By the time we got to 2004-05 Charlie had a very experienced veteran offense that knew the entire playbook backwards that could adapt on the fly to fairly limitless options. They also had guys who prided themselves on executing including keeping Brady upright and catching the damn ball when it landed in your hands. Still we won by 3. 2007 they got flat out outmuscled on the LOS all day. Yet Brady managed to bring them back in what would have been a championship game winning drive had the D not spit the bit in the final two minutes. In 2009 Brady was coming back from a year of rehab, spending inordinate amounts of time pleading with his weapons to push through whatever ailed them and then he lost his most consistent weapon. And out of the gate the now transitioning young defense played like hot crap and dug the kind of hole you cannot prep and game plan for. I'm just sayin... None of that had anything to do with Brady's game prep. It had to do with issues like poor execution across the board, being physically overmatched, and in some cases being flat out out coached. Brady can study tape all night long but unless they all execute and unless the game plan is sound or adaptable, it don't matter. One day there will be reason for a thread titled Tom Brady please come back to us... But that won't be for a while yet until after you all begin to realize what he consistently brought to the table under a variety of more often than not less than optimum conditions...

Its a photo.

Someone caught him acting like a little girl and its funny.

People catch Peyton Manning picking his nose live on TV and we all laughed how is this different?

Peyton Manning hasn't taken us to four superbowls and 3 Lombardi's...:bricks:

I still haven't quite figured out why a picture of Tom Brady having fun on a waterslide is a big deal. Now if he had been going down the slide holding a goat, that would be a story.

You are correct. Tom Brady himself would admit that he does not commit as many hours to football as he did when he was winning Superbowls ( 2001, 2002, & 2004. ) At the beginning of his career, he annually won the award ( and best parking spot ) for most hours on the team, worked out in the offseason. Nowadays he often does not even show up for the workouts.

Many posters will correctly point out that he now has two different children with two different woman that he spends time with. Posters will also correctly point out that he meets all of his contractual obligations and that the offseason program is voluntary.

However, the posters who argue that he now commits less time to football than he did when he won Superbowls, are factually correct.

You are correct. Tom Brady himself would admit that he does not commit as many hours to football as he did when he was winning Superbowls ( 2001, 2002, & 2004. ) At the beginning of his career, he annually won the award ( and best parking spot ) for most hours on the team, worked out in the offseason. Nowadays he often does not even show up for the workouts.

Many posters will correctly point out that he now has two different children with two different woman that he spends time with. Posters will also correctly point out that he meets all of his contractual obligations and that the offseason program is voluntary.

However, the posters who argue that he now commits less time to football than he did when he won Superbowls, are factually correct.
you are wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back