PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mr Kraft, The Time has Come To Ask: Whose Side Are You On?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this in the Deflate-Gate thread, but feel it deserves a separate thread.

This has been going on for years since Cameragate. It didn't work then, and it won't work now. Mr. Kraft, it is time to side with your fans - - your customers, and not with your drinking buddies in the boardroom. We are here and loyal to you and the New England Patriots, but that loyalty is a two way street and you WILL be in danger of losing some of that customer base BEFORE Tom Brady and Bill belichick leave if you continue to accept mud being slung at the franchise without fighting back. Accepting a several months delay in the NFL investigation that is so particular and concentrated only ensures that it will be a cloud of the narrative up to and after the Super Bowl. No matter what happens in the Super Bowl, Deflate-Gate will be the dominant story nationwide.

The time has come to finally ask the question:

Who's more important, Mr. Kraft, your customers and neighbors or the suits on Madison Avenue?

Today SHOULD have been a day of tremendous joy.

"I'm po'd at Mr. Kraft right now.

His modus operandi with these things is spineless.

I'm not saying the Patriots are guilty or innocent in this. I have no idea.

But for this owner to accept a cloud hanging over his franchise and, yes it's fans, while the NFL decides to play stonewall for the next several weeks for an investigation that is so particular and limited in scope that it could be resolved in 6 hours is callous to those who support the New England Patriots.

He should tell the NFL to **** or get off the pot. Kicking this can down the road for another several weeks only keeps a cloud that is probably undeserved over the entire franchise.

Bob Kraft is allowing the Jim Romes, the Tomases, the Easterbrookes and Patriotsevens of this world to paint the picture and create the reality.

Mr. Kraft: WE shouldn't have to be dealing with this, YOU come out of the cave and deal with it. Stop worrying about being a "traitor to your class" and fight for your fans for once."

Last edited:
I don't want to wait until after the Super Bowl for this to be cleared up. And neither should Kraft. This **** has got to stop. Kraft needs to stand behind the fans and the players. The Colts, or someone in the Colts, have disrespected the Patriots players. Are you going to let this stand Kraft? Or are you going to stand up and defend the players who play for your team and have given it all they have this season. We are about to go to the Super Bowl and the players and the fans do not want this bull*** hanging over us.

It is on you now.

It seems kind of insane that the league doesn't have a ruling on this TODAY. I don't understand how they could possibly need to wait till later in the week.

How many balls did they take(I've heard it was 2 out of the 12) Since the patriots don't get to choose which balls is used for a play/drive, if its a really small amount of balls how could they not just announce it.

Would be very nice. Hate that these false accusations taint our wins in some minds.

Kraft is a 90 year old bajillionaire. I doubt he grasps the weight of these allegations in a 24 hour sports channel, Twitter world. He probably thinks this investigation is just as big as the news on where the NYSE ended today.

Kraft is a 90 year old bajillionaire. I doubt he grasps the weight of these allegations in a 24 hour sports channel, Twitter world. He probably thinks this investigation is just as big as the news on where the NYSE ended today.

I thought you were serious when you said he's 90 -_- he's actually 73 lol

I really wish it wasn't the case but when you look at his close relationship with Goddell, it's all about the $ and that's his bottom line.

Can't agree more- we should have an answer regarding this ridiculous allegation by Wed. of this week at the absolute latest.

I don't think a statement by Kraft would be all that helpful or meaningful.

What would be though is leaning on the commissioner's office to get this thing settled as soon as it is possible. We don't know if this is already being done behind the scenes.

I'm po'd at Mr. Kraft right now.

Is this going to become a "I Can't Stand It" moment?

IMHO, ranting and raving here or with your friends/family isn't going to change what happens one bit, so you might as well not let yourself get "po'd" to the point it ruins things for you. I understand it'd be much better to nip this kind of thing in the bud, but it's beyond our control or even RK's control. The "Omissioner" is probably going to extract some revenge for the Pats filing tampering charges against his beloved Jets. Football teaches us a lot of real life lessons, the main one being "life is not fair"... Try to enjoy both football and life, because that basic rule isn't going to change...

I'm just happy they won the game. Don't really care about all this other crap. I just hope they don't lose more draft picks.

With the continued silence from Patriots Place today and in the past on other matters, I had to give your post a very heavy hearted "Agree".

You could make some plywood signs and picket up and down Route 1.

Kraft is bound to give in to the pressure.

Robert+Kraft+Ricki+Lander+2cfOKi7Fzjom.jpg

"Haterz gonna hate..." says Kraft, while hoisting Ricki and Lombardi #4.

I'm just happy they won the game. Don't really care about all this other crap. I just hope they don't lose more draft picks.

I agree, but your last sentence is the rub--what if they find that something may have been amiss, even though it didn't affect the outcome of the game in the least and other teams have done some form of it in the past (just like CameraGate)? What then? If the NFL gives it any credence, regardless of whether there's punishment, the "cheating" label goes from a whimper to a war chant for the rest of the league.

Earlier posters are spot on to say clearly Kraft is on the $ (NFL) side--as bad or worse as Jerruh Jones. President of CBS sports and Goodell two of his besties. And didn't he levy a fine of his own on BB after Cameragate? And threw BB under the bus, even if he was half-hearted about it?

Last edited:
I can't bring myself to take this "ball deflation" thing seriously enough to get upset about. I think it's really minor and silly and inconsequential. Maybe Kraft and the Patriots feel the same way. If anything truly comes of this I'll be very surprised.

I agree, but your last sentence is t mayhe rub--what if they find that something may have been amiss, even though it didn't affect the outcome of the game in the least and other teams have done some form of it in the past (just like CameraGate)? What then? E

Im on Bills side pretty much regaurdless. If they are guilty of this I still don't really care, just more concerned with the punishment of draft picks being taken. Whatever Bill is doing it's working. If deflating footballs is a part of it, then so be it. I'd prefer to just have the whole thing go away but I'm not gonna get all upset over it like some patriots fans seem to be.

I'm wondering if maybe sleep deprivation has to do with 56 pages of complete panic in the other thread. Otherwise, I don't know. I get that we are all over invested in the team somewhat….that's why we're all here. But maybe we need to dial it down a bit. What's all this "Now we have to deal with this…" stuff. We are on the internet battling trolls. We choose to do that, for the most part. If people on the internet (who don't care one bit about the truth anyway) are that upsetting, it's probably time to step away for a bit.

I'm wondering if maybe sleep deprivation has to do with 56 pages of complete panic in the other thread. Otherwise, I don't know. I get that we are all over invested in the team somewhat….that's why we're all here. But maybe we need to dial it down a bit. What's all this "Now we have to deal with this…" stuff. We are on the internet battling trolls. We choose to do that, for the most part. If people on the internet (who don't care one bit about the truth anyway) are that upsetting, it's probably time to step away for a bit.
In other words, the Internet is "over-inflated."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back